The Unofficial Ice Cream thread

Page 156 of 159 First ... 154155156157158 ... Last
  1. AnabolicMinds Site Rep

Quote Originally Posted by boobie45 View Post
    Overall - if you want GF I would 100% get PB Stracciatella, Almond Butter Chunk, Torched Marshmellow S'mores or Dark Chocolate Sea Salt Caramel.
    Don't forget the Mascarpone. One of the best on their line. If you like Coffee Espresso Chip is a sleeper. The new Chocolate PB cup is deadly good.
    Anabolic Minds Site Rep
    www.anabolicminds.com

2. Quote Originally Posted by The Solution View Post
    Don't forget the Mascarpone. One of the best on their line. If you like Coffee Espresso Chip is a sleeper. The new Chocolate PB cup is deadly good.
    Totally forgot about Espresso Chip! Great flavor especially for us coffee lovers! Wasn't a huge fan of mascarpone because I don't really like the nut mix ins but base was solid - not worth it for me thought especially how good almond butter + pb strac are! Haven't seen Choc PB cup but have seen sunken treasure in my grocery.
    •   

3. AnabolicMinds Site Rep

Quote Originally Posted by boobie45 View Post
    Totally forgot about Espresso Chip! Great flavor especially for us coffee lovers! Wasn't a huge fan of mascarpone because I don't really like the nut mix ins but base was solid - not worth it for me thought especially how good almond butter + pb strac are! Haven't seen Choc PB cup but have seen sunken treasure in my grocery.
    Beware. Pretzels are Stale.
    Anabolic Minds Site Rep
    www.anabolicminds.com
  4. AnabolicMinds Site Rep

New target exclusive

S’mores with upgrade swirls from candy bar pie (pretzel) and fudge covered almonds
    The regular chocolate base though ughhh
    Anabolic Minds Site Rep
    www.anabolicminds.com
  5. AnabolicMinds Site Rep

Another S’more flavor coming from B and J

Those damn fudge flakes again ....
    Anabolic Minds Site Rep
    www.anabolicminds.com
    •   

6. These just arrived to my local store, will giving them a go on saturday.

Name:  breyers.jpg
Views: 96
Size:  101.8 KB
  7. AnabolicMinds Site Rep

Finally went to a Graeters last night. Got the Smores and it was as wonderful as I hoped.

Also saw Magnum ice cream bars at Wal-Mart today and grabbed the double caramel -- very good.
    Psalm 34:10 - "The lions may grow weak and hungry, but those who seek the Lord lack no good thing."
    EvoMuse Representative | [email protected] | Inspire to Evolve
  8. AnabolicMinds Site Rep

Magnum White Chocolate Vanilla
    Grade: B+
    http://theicecreaminformant.freeforu...colate-vanilla

"Vanilla Ice cream and white chocolate shards in a crackling white chocolate shell."

The white chocolate shards pack a luscious amount of flavor that surpassed New Orleans ice cream company's white chocolate bread pudding by a landslide

If you ever had McConnell's I label it the best on the market right next to Graeter's for a vanilla base. Both companies provide a way to enhance the sweetness of a vanilla and make it stand out among the ice cream crowd.

Anabolic Minds Site Rep
    www.anabolicminds.com
  9. AnabolicMinds Site Rep

Ben & Jerry's Chillin’ The Roast Truffles
    Grade: B+ (I am biased towards coffee flavored ice cream, for many this will vary greatly)
    http://theicecreaminformant.freeforu...roast-truffles

"Cold brew coffee ice cream with chocolate cookie-covered coffee liqueur truffles and fudge swirls."

The cold brew coffee ice cream in Chillin’ the Roast Truffles ice cream is strong. If you remember
    “Brewed to Matter” this is an upgrade to the original coffee base.

The coffee liqueur is bold, and by bold I mean
    very noticeable. This is easily the strongest booze aspect they have included in their lineup. The brandy
    touch is a great combination when paired with coffee, but again this may be too overwhelming for most consumers.

Anabolic Minds Site Rep
    www.anabolicminds.com
  10. AnabolicMinds Site Rep

Found it

Name:  IMG_1315.jpg
Views: 145
Size:  1.74 MB

Review to come
    PEScience Representative; Use the code Driven for 30% off at pescience.com
  11. AnabolicMinds Site Rep

Kroger had new B&J chocolate shake, smores, and caramel chocolate cheesecake. As well as Graeters Smores.

Love the flavor of the chocolate malt base. Honestly wish it was just that and marshmallow swirls.
    Psalm 34:10 - "The lions may grow weak and hungry, but those who seek the Lord lack no good thing."
  12. AnabolicMinds Site Rep

Quote Originally Posted by MidwestBeast View Post
    Kroger had new B&J chocolate shake, smores, and caramel chocolate cheesecake. As well as Graeters Smores.

Love the flavor of the chocolate malt base. Honestly wish it was just that and marshmallow swirls.
    The truffles ruin the new series of flavors
    I got the new target S’mores I’ll post my review of it soon

Just a FYI it’s going to be the biggest sleeper on their lineup. It’s more of a sweet and salty rocky road
    Anabolic Minds Site Rep
    www.anabolicminds.com
  13. AnabolicMinds Site Rep

The truffles aren't "bad," but they just don't add anything, IMO. Thst That malt flavor was wonderful.
  14. AnabolicMinds Site Rep

The Unofficial Ice Cream thread

Quote Originally Posted by Driven2lift View Post
    Found it

Name:  IMG_1315.jpg
Views: 145
Size:  1.74 MB

Review to come
    Ice cream base flavour is apple pie 100% with additional cinnamon on/in the pie crust mix in, which was really more of an apple crumble IMO but didn’t care because it was great lol. The Rum is more a mild undertone than a prominent part of the taste, you can tell it’s there but in no way enhances the pint.

Issue is quantity of mix ins, for mix-in fans. There were a few “golden bites” with lots of crumble and apple taste but the rest of the pint was lacklustre in that regard.
    Someone impartial to mix-ins would call this a 9.5-10/10,
    but because this is AM I know the crowd here would probably rank it closer to a 7.5-8

Mix-in fan or not if you enjoy apple pie & ice cream, worth trying. Was worth the cals & cost for me
    PEScience Representative; Use the code Driven for 30% off at pescience.com
  15. AnabolicMinds Site Rep

B&J Gimme Smore is good.

Almost reminds me more of the cookies and cream cheesecake core and less like a Smore, but it's a good flavor and good on mix-ins
  16. AnabolicMinds Site Rep

B&J Gimme Smore is good.

Almost reminds me more of the cookies and cream cheesecake core and less like a Smore, but it's a good flavor and good on mix-ins
    The base is the furthest thing from a Marshmallow flavor. They should relabel it Sweet Cream Cookies & Cream.
    That flavor is getting raped on reviews because it doesn't even come close a s'more.
    Did you barley get any Graham Cracker swirl!? Mine was non existent!?
    Anabolic Minds Site Rep
    www.anabolicminds.com
  17. AnabolicMinds Site Rep

Ben & Jerry's Gimmie Smore!
    Grade: C
    http://theicecreaminformant.freeforu...s-gimmie-smore

"Toasted Marshmallow ice cream with chocolate cookie swirls, graham cracker swirls, and fudge flakes."

There is nothing "toasted" associated with the base, and there is hardly any marshmallow flavor to it. If you blindfolded me and told me to blind test the ice cream I would tell you resembles sweet cream.

Similar to the other pints you find the cookie swirl in this is easily the star of the show. Consistent from top to bottom the crunchiness of the cookies wrap around your spoon in every single bite. The two biggest things that really threw me off guard was barley finding any fudge flakes, and a lackluster graham cracker swirl.
    Anabolic Minds Site Rep
    www.anabolicminds.com
  18. AnabolicMinds Site Rep

Clementine's S'mores:
    Grade: A-
    http://theicecreaminformant.freeforu...es-smores-2018

"Marshmallow Ice Cream base with Housemade S'mores Bars".

The marshmallow base is incredibly creamy and bold in flavor. Easily this is the best marshmallow ice cream I have ever had. Take a regular vanilla custard, enhance it with a luscious aftertaste, and the sweetness of a true marshmallow.

The S'mores bars are nothing like I have ever had before as a mix-in. The s'mores bars are hand made with graham crackers, chocolate shards, and toasted marshmallows. You can even see the char from the marshmallows on the graham cracker bars. The taste? Decadent.
    Anabolic Minds Site Rep
    www.anabolicminds.com

19. Quote Originally Posted by The Solution View Post
    Clementine's S'mores:
    Grade: A-
    http://theicecreaminformant.freeforu...es-smores-2018

"Marshmallow Ice Cream base with Housemade S'mores Bars".

The marshmallow base is incredibly creamy and bold in flavor. Easily this is the best marshmallow ice cream I have ever had. Take a regular vanilla custard, enhance it with a luscious aftertaste, and the sweetness of a true marshmallow.

The S'mores bars are nothing like I have ever had before as a mix-in. The s'mores bars are hand made with graham crackers, chocolate shards, and toasted marshmallows. You can even see the char from the marshmallows on the graham cracker bars. The taste? Decadent.
    What store have you been finding clementine brand in? Walmart and giant eagle down here don't have it
  20. AnabolicMinds Site Rep

Quote Originally Posted by chainsaw View Post
    What store have you been finding clementine brand in? Walmart and giant eagle down here don't have it
    Order it from Clementines website . You won’t find in stores
    Anabolic Minds Site Rep
    www.anabolicminds.com

21. Name:  LE-turkey-coconut-01.jpg
Views: 198
Size:  159.2 KB

I'm a big fan of coconut. The best coconut Ice Cream I've tried was Limited Edition Turkey Hill Coconut Cream Pie. It had a lot going on. There were bits of pie crust throughout, enough to get some in every bite. There were also little flakes of toasted coconut which added to the texture. It had a strong smell of coconut that added to the experience.

The Ice Cream was not overly sweet, very creamy. The little pie pieces were full of flavor too. I swear I was eating fresh coconut pie in ice cream form. The only downside is that it's tough to find. Giant carried it for a time at a really low price. I can't find it anymore. If you're a coconut fan and you're able to locate this gem, buy it!
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    YouTube Fitness Channel: youtube.com/user/DominicDNO
    Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/dominicdno/
    RAW Lifts: Close Grip Bench 465, Squat 550, Conventional Deadlift 650
  22. AnabolicMinds Site Rep

https://pdxfoodpress.com/salt-straw-...ventor-series/

Vernon Elementary
    Flavor Name: Leomon-Lime Slime
    Student: Lily from Ms. Gina’s Class
    ”Leomon-Lime Slime- with a vanilla Ice -cream base chucks of lemon and lime curd and chucks of lemon zest short-bread.”
    by Lily

Chapman Elementary
    Flavor Name: THE GREAT BRITISH RHUBARB GINGER CRUMBLE
    Student: Luca from Ms. Johnson’s Class
    “Ingredients: Rhubarb, Vanilla bean, Ginger biscuit crumble ice cream, Orange zest. Rhubarb crumble, one of my favorite puddings. The rhubarb tastes like a warm summers day with fruity, juicy, sweet lime. The crumble is a chrunch ginger biscuit. (one zesty orange).It has stripes of rhubarb and a crunchy ginger cookie in the middle. It’s soft and crunchy. An ice cream inspired by where I was born and I call it THE GREAT BRITISH GINGER RHUBARB CRUMBLE “
    -Love, Luca
    Abernethy Elementary

Name: TACOCAT
    Student: Pearl Elizabeth D.B. from Mr. Arthur’s Class
    “A delicious mexican vannila ice cream, with stirred in crumbled mexican chocolate covered torrtia shell, queso fresco, and a sprinkle of mild chilli powder plus a pinch of cinnimon. With this recipe sweet and savory join together and become one. (This recipe was inspired by my OBOB team.”
    -You Friend, Pearl <3 P.S. It’s called TACOCAT

Forest Hills Elementary
    Flavor Name: Sticky Honey Croissant w/ French Vanilla
    Student: by Autumn from Ms. Swan’s Class
    “My flavor is Honey Croissant With French Vanilla. When you taste my ice cream you will feel like you are in France. My ice cream smells like Fresh baked croissants. When your customers taste my ice cream they will taste fresh baked croissants with creamy French vanilla and sweet, sticky honey. I hope you don’t just like my ice cream. I hope you love it!”
    – Sincerely, Autumn

Schoolyard Farms/ Candy Lane Elementary
    Flavor Name: The butterfly yum
    Student: by Laura from Ms. Ramos Class
    “Mint and salmonberry ice cream with ruhbar and apple drizzle carrot goatcheese mulberry crumble mint and basil leaf ontop.”
    Anabolic Minds Site Rep
    www.anabolicminds.com
  23. AnabolicMinds Site Rep

Ben & Jerry's Glampfire Trail Mix
    Grade: B+ (Biggest sleeper I had from B&J)

http://theicecreaminformant.freeforu...fire-trail-mix

"Chocolate Ice Cream with Crunchy Pretzel Swirls, Marshmallow Swirls & Fudge Covered Almonds"

I will start off by saying I have never enjoyed the chocolate base by itself from Ben & Jerry's. To me this is bottom of the barrel, boring, and dull. After a few bites it tasted different, and dare I say better!? This is not as good as their chocolate malt base found in Chocolate Shake-It,

The overall taste of the marshmallow is pure and dense. What really sets this off is the pretzel swirl in conjunction with the richness of the marshmallow. The added salt and pretzel flavoring amplify the overall taste of the entire pint from top to bottom. The pretzel swirl as seen before in Candy Bar Pie gives this a fantastic salty and sweet combination.
    Anabolic Minds Site Rep
    www.anabolicminds.com
  24. AnabolicMinds Site Rep

Magnum chocolate hazelnut is wonderful ☺
  25. AnabolicMinds Site Rep

Magnum chocolate hazelnut is wonderful ☺
    Best one they offer
    Anabolic Minds Site Rep
    www.anabolicminds.com
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 12
    Last Post: 05-26-2013, 07:21 PM
  2. Replies: 13