The Unofficial Ice Cream thread

Page 153 of 153 First ... 151152153
  1. AnabolicMinds Site Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Driven2lift View Post
    If I can find Buckeye, I’m all over it. Both the others there I love and repeat purchase
    Buckeye is worthy of multiple purchases.. just so damn good.
    Anabolic Minds Site Rep
    www.anabolicminds.com

2. AnabolicMinds Site Rep

Graeter’s making cotton candy

Anabolic Minds Site Rep
    www.anabolicminds.com
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by The Solution View Post
    Graeter’s making cotton candy

wow that's a really interesting direction for them to go... they really dont have anyhting even close to that. very interested to try this
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Product Rep - db77 @ seriousnutritionsolutions.com
  4. AnabolicMinds Site Rep

They have had it in scoop shops before multiple times they just put it into pints

Won’t be in grocery stores just scoop shop and online purchase for the pints
    Anabolic Minds Site Rep
    www.anabolicminds.com

5. I was taking down the hurricane shutters for the creator/owner of friendly's ice cream on Jupiter Island. Per capita its one of the richest places in the country. Anyhow this guy is 98 years old and he and his brother started the business in 1936. They borrowed 500$ and he was the pr guy and his 102 year old brother was the business mind. Both are still kicking at that age! The moral of the story- eat ice cream its good for the soul and long life

I wanted to post this sooner as these pics were taken a couple weeks ago but the app woyldnt let me upload pics.
    Rep for Mr. Supps

Code- AM10 for 10% off at mrsupps.com
    •   

6. Quote Originally Posted by The Solution View Post

DAMN
    cannoli filling ice cream
    housemade Irish chocolate cake
    German Streusel Crumble
    @bbartsche you need to go and report back.
    I live 15 minutes from there! Tomorrow, I'll journey to and report back w/ results
  7. AnabolicMinds Site Rep

The First Order ice cream flavor : To showcase the monolithic, fierce power of The First Order, salted dark chocolate ice cream represents relentless villainy, while cocoa powder, bittersweet chocolate and a dash of powerful espresso reinforce the dark side.

The Resistance ice cream flavor : A celebration of the spirit and determination of the Resistance fighters who stand against the First Order, The Resistance is a brown sugar and vanilla bean ice cream with an assortment of mix-ins: fiery red velvet ooey gooey butter cake to represent tenacity, hard-edged toffee pieces to exhibit ferocity, and hopeful marshmallows.

The Force ice cream flavor : Inspired by the harmony and peaceful nature of the Jedi, The Force illustrates the precarious balance between the dark and light side with sweet cream ice cream, swirled with rich chocolate fudge, and set against a galaxy of white and dark chocolate pearls.
    Anabolic Minds Site Rep
    www.anabolicminds.com
  8. AnabolicMinds Site Rep

Quote Originally Posted by Kevinhim View Post
    I live 15 minutes from there! Tomorrow, I'll journey to and report back w/ results
    Get some pics of that brother. and take a pint or two home.
    Anabolic Minds Site Rep
    www.anabolicminds.com
  9. AnabolicMinds Site Rep

Haagen Dazs Peanut Butter Salted Fudge:
    Grade: B+
    http://theicecreaminformant.freeforu...r-salted-fudge

"Decadent swirls of salted fudge and the crunch of chocolate covered peanuts blend with smooth peanut butter ice cream"

When you dig into this peanut butter ice cream the labeling of smooth is on point. The best part is this is not a peanut butter that lacks the saltiness. The salt helps enhance the flavor and really make the smooth peanut butter pop

The swirls of salted fudge are present on the base, and all the way throughout the entire pint. The salted fudge has the thick richness of chocolate and the perfect salty compliment to get it to hit your taste buds even harder. It is not as strong as Salt & Straw Almond Brittle with salted ganache or Little G's Peanut Butter Brittle & Salted Fudge, but has enough salt to really enhance the experience.
    Anabolic Minds Site Rep
    www.anabolicminds.com

10. Quote Originally Posted by The Solution View Post
    Get some pics of that brother. and take a pint or two home.
    Results are in, the German Streusel was PERFECT. Will post pics as soon as i can

11. Name:  IMG_20171112_183610-1024x768.jpg
Views: 49
Size:  213.5 KB King Condrells, salted caramel ice cream butter n rum sauce, Reese's peanut butter cups and Oreos peices

12. Quote Originally Posted by timmy8888 View Post
    Second the butter beer. Call me crazy but to go to either lake effect or rock burger I'm a good 1.5 hours away I live in the country past Springville NY but worth every trip I make but completely understand. ( Not so bad considering I drive an hour to work and hour back 5 days out of week)
    Now that's commitment

13. Quote Originally Posted by The Solution View Post
    How far are you from Erie, PA?
    Come visit sometime
    Let's all meet up

14. Quote Originally Posted by timmy8888 View Post
    Name:  IMG_20171112_183610-1024x768.jpg
Views: 49
Size:  213.5 KB King Condrells, salted caramel ice cream butter n rum sauce, Reese's peanut butter cups and Oreos peices
    The one ice cream place I've never been. I feel like their ice cream is mediocre but they have good topings

15. I would be up for that as long as @The Solution is good with that idea

16. Yea the ice cream is nothing special but they have almost any topping you want and thats a plus in my book compared to other places that offer ice cream. Additonally they offer the kitchen sink haven't got it yet fairly priced but wouldnt be able to finish it,
    need to really build up an appetite Name:  Screenshot_20171114-113642-768x1365.png
Views: 39
Size:  568.3 KB

17. Quote Originally Posted by timmy8888 View Post
    Yea the ice cream is nothing special but they have almost any topping you want and thats a plus in my book compared to other places that offer ice cream. Additonally they offer the kitchen sink haven't got it yet fairly priced but wouldnt be able to finish it,
    need to really build up an appetite Name:  Screenshot_20171114-113642-768x1365.png
Views: 39
Size:  568.3 KB
    I've thought about doing it multiple times since I've completed every food challenge remotely close to buffalo but I just can't do a challenge on something with no nutritional value...at least pizzas,burgers etc with regular challenges give you some protein.
  18. AnabolicMinds Site Rep

Kroger had a sale yesterday and I grabbed some cheap pints of B&J's and Graeters
    Psalm 34:10 - "The lions may grow weak and hungry, but those who seek the Lord lack no good thing."
    EvoMuse Representative | [email protected] | Inspire to Evolve
  19. AnabolicMinds Site Rep

Also saw peppermint Graeters but had no interest in it
    Psalm 34:10 - "The lions may grow weak and hungry, but those who seek the Lord lack no good thing."
    EvoMuse Representative | [email protected] | Inspire to Evolve
  20. AnabolicMinds Site Rep

VERY Sweet, super strong (Peppermint) was not a fan.
    They are making Cotton Candy pints in stores (if you have one local)
    If you have a scoop shop I would highly suggest the stout and pretzel flavor. The chocolate covered pretzel mix-ins are incredible.
    Quote Originally Posted by MidwestBeast View Post
    Also saw peppermint Graeters but had no interest in it

Ample Hills star wars flavors come in tomorrow. Ill start cracking out those reviews.
    Anabolic Minds Site Rep
    www.anabolicminds.com

21. Name:  IMG_20171115_195755-768x1024.jpg
Views: 29
Size:  175.6 KB Thanksgiving breakfast lunch and dinner taken care of. 10 pints of lake effect ice cream- chicken and waffles, butter beer, house chocolate, pb epiphany, hot cocoa. Had 11 had pumpkin gingersnap didn't make it home. Thanks @The Solution for recommendation should of got three of those as well
  22. AnabolicMinds Site Rep

I need to come visit you on thanksgiving... FAWK
    Anabolic Minds Site Rep
    www.anabolicminds.com

23. Quote Originally Posted by timmy8888 View Post
    Name:  IMG_20171115_195755-768x1024.jpg
Views: 29
Size:  175.6 KB Thanksgiving breakfast lunch and dinner taken care of. 10 pints of lake effect ice cream- chicken and waffles, butter beer, house chocolate, pb epiphany, hot cocoa. Had 11 had pumpkin gingersnap didn't make it home. Thanks @The Solution for recommendation should of got three of those as well
    I forgot about the pint sale...so upset

24. It's alright I had to work and forgot to request off so treated myself to buy some at full price but worth every penny.
  25. AnabolicMinds Site Rep

Ample Hills First Order
    Grade: C+
    http://theicecreaminformant.freeforu...ls-first-order

"salted dark chocolate ice cream represents relentless villainy, while cocoa powder, bittersweet chocolate and a dash of powerful espresso reinforce the dark side."

The dark chocolate ice cream is found in previous flavors such as: It came from Gowanus, Hell's Kitchen Sink, & The Dark Side". Ample Hills decided to put a twist on this one by include a salted aspect. The salted portion provides an enhanced flavoring to the already bold dark chocolate.

For first order Ample hills added white cocoa powder, bittersweet chocolate, and a dash of espresso. In my opinion what they were going for was a triple chocolate espresso based ice cream. The white cocoa powder is not strong enough to give you a true white chocolate flavor because of how strong the salted dark chocolate base ice cream is. The bittersweet chocolate provides a nice compliment to the base, and the espresso is a mere aftertaste. For those who despise coffee do not panic because you can barley pick up the flavoring. Mainly a small aftertaste if any at all.
    Anabolic Minds Site Rep
    www.anabolicminds.com
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 12
    Last Post: 05-26-2013, 08:21 PM
  2. Replies: 13
    Last Post: 06-17-2011, 07:53 AM
  3. The Unofficial Helen Keller & Chuck Norris Joke Thread
    By thesinner in forum General Chat
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 02-07-2007, 09:13 AM