The Unofficial Ice Cream thread

Page 150 of 154 First ... 148149150151152 ... Last
  1. AnabolicMinds Site Rep

Quote Originally Posted by booneman77 View Post
    essence of ghost... tastes like death? nothing? haha no clue wtf that is.

freckle and hyde I assume is some type of ginger reference...

would try the bugs one just for the fun of it haha.
    Dracula Blood Pudding - We’ve taken careful measures to balance both delectable and frightful. A heady mix of spices and cream are cooked into real blood pudding,with a hint of chicken liver, and then spun in our ice cream laboratory.

Essence of Ghost - Imagine jets of tasty gray passing through a deep foggy sherbet. Each bite delivers a shrill set of flavors that are bitter, sweet, and slightly musky

creepy crawly - fresh green-grass ice cream that hides swarms of real grasshoppers, ants and other insects, trapped in fragments of hard candy amber
    Anabolic Minds Site Rep
    www.anabolicminds.com

2. Quote Originally Posted by The Solution View Post
    Dracula Blood Pudding - We’ve taken careful measures to balance both delectable and frightful. A heady mix of spices and cream are cooked into real blood pudding,with a hint of chicken liver, and then spun in our ice cream laboratory.

Essence of Ghost - Imagine jets of tasty gray passing through a deep foggy sherbet. Each bite delivers a shrill set of flavors that are bitter, sweet, and slightly musky

creepy crawly - fresh green-grass ice cream that hides swarms of real grasshoppers, ants and other insects, trapped in fragments of hard candy amber
    bugs sounds fun except for that grass base ha... ive had some "grass" flavored stuff before and its awful.

ghost sounds like eating moth balls. F that.

blood pudding could be good tho as long as its sweet enough
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Product Rep - db77 @ seriousnutritionsolutions.com
    •   

3. AnabolicMinds Site Rep

��Little G's Peanut Butter Buckeye��
    ��Grade: B+
    ��"Milk chocolate ice cream with peanut butter swirl, buckeyes, and peanut butter cookie dough."
    http://theicecreaminformant.freeforu...butter-buckeye

The chocolate reminds me of a melted Hershey candy bar solidified into ice cream. The richness of the chocolate is not super strong, but it has the bold aftertaste of a true chocolate you would expect from a milk chocolate. The density on this pint was the strongest of the pack as it had to temper a bit before being able to fully enjoy a proper consistency of ice cream.

The buckeyes in this pint were loaded. I easily got 30 of them from top to bottom. This was one of the most consistent Little G Ice creams I have had with all mix-ins and swirls present. The buckeyes are a little hard on the outside, but the center is a perfect sweet peanut butter. The richness of the peanut butter and the hard outside chocolate shell go very well together. The peanut butter swirl like seen in Chocolate PB Cup and Cowboy Cookie is massive, and when I mean massive it is in chunks throughout the entire experience.
    Anabolic Minds Site Rep
    www.anabolicminds.com
  4. AnabolicMinds Site Rep

Fall Lineup coming from Clementines

Gooey PCP (Pumpkin Caramel Pecan)
    pumpkin ice cream, chunks of pumpkin caramel pecan gooey butter cake

Bourbon Kentucky Pie
    vanilla bourbon ice cream has chunks of chocolate pecan kentucky pie

Vietnamese cinnamon apple pie
    vietnamese cinnamon ice cream with chunks of scratch made apple pie

HNNNGGGGG
    Anabolic Minds Site Rep
    www.anabolicminds.com

5. Quote Originally Posted by The Solution View Post
    Fall Lineup coming from Clementines

Gooey PCP (Pumpkin Caramel Pecan)
    pumpkin ice cream, chunks of pumpkin caramel pecan gooey butter cake

Bourbon Kentucky Pie
    vanilla bourbon ice cream has chunks of chocolate pecan kentucky pie

Vietnamese cinnamon apple pie
    vietnamese cinnamon ice cream with chunks of scratch made apple pie

HNNNGGGGG
    best seasonal lineup we've seen yet. nice.
    •   

6. AnabolicMinds Site Rep

Tamara's S'mores is to date my alltime favorite.
    She makes homemade S'mores bars and infuses it into her ice cream
    15/10
    best seasonal lineup we've seen yet. nice.
    Anabolic Minds Site Rep
    www.anabolicminds.com
  7. AnabolicMinds Site Rep

Little G's Magic Bar
    Grade: B-
    http://theicecreaminformant.freeforu...e-gs-magic-bar

"coconut ice cream with butterscotch chips, graham cracker crumbs, mini chocolate chips and magic bar chunks."

Little G's nails the coconut flavoring in her base. For anyone who truly enjoys coconut you will want to make sure this base does not get changed in the future because its stellar. The sheer amount of coconut flavoring is not overpowering, but it is just right to help let the mix-ins still shine and provide their part of the picture when you grade all aspects of the pint.

The mini chocolate chips as featured in go bananas, cookie butter crunch, and a few other flavors are self explanatory. These are mini milk chocolate chips that help enhance the magic bar feature. The same can be said about the butterscotch chips to give this a dual flavored candy vibe. The graham cracker chunks were crunchy and were small chunks consistent from top to bottom in my experience. The magic bar chunks were virtually a combo of everything provided in this pint, but much larger in size. I got some chunks that were the size of Graeter's signature chocolate chips up to 1/2" in size.
    Anabolic Minds Site Rep
    www.anabolicminds.com

8. Quote Originally Posted by The Solution View Post
    Little G's Magic Bar
    Grade: B-
    http://theicecreaminformant.freeforu...e-gs-magic-bar

"coconut ice cream with butterscotch chips, graham cracker crumbs, mini chocolate chips and magic bar chunks."

Little G's nails the coconut flavoring in her base. For anyone who truly enjoys coconut you will want to make sure this base does not get changed in the future because its stellar. The sheer amount of coconut flavoring is not overpowering, but it is just right to help let the mix-ins still shine and provide their part of the picture when you grade all aspects of the pint.

The mini chocolate chips as featured in go bananas, cookie butter crunch, and a few other flavors are self explanatory. These are mini milk chocolate chips that help enhance the magic bar feature. The same can be said about the butterscotch chips to give this a dual flavored candy vibe. The graham cracker chunks were crunchy and were small chunks consistent from top to bottom in my experience. The magic bar chunks were virtually a combo of everything provided in this pint, but much larger in size. I got some chunks that were the size of Graeter's signature chocolate chips up to 1/2" in size.
    I think this was the best of the pack in terms of base and mix ins combo. I LOVED how much graham cracker was in mine.
  9. AnabolicMinds Site Rep

I think this was the best of the pack in terms of base and mix ins combo. I LOVED how much graham cracker was in mine.
    The only problem was there was horrible QC issues in some pints with the graham cracker chunks

For example

Just like with anything hand packed you either win some or lose some
    Anabolic Minds Site Rep
    www.anabolicminds.com

10. Quote Originally Posted by The Solution View Post
    The only problem was there was horrible QC issues in some pints with the graham cracker chunks

For example

Just like with anything hand packed you either win some or lose some
    that doesn't look like a problem to me haha... I want all the graham... just mix that bad boy up a bit
  11. AnabolicMinds Site Rep

US gets another flavor from Europe. Almost identical to One Sweet Whirled (Caramel/Coffee Ice Cream with Marshmallow & Caramel Swirls, and coffee flavored fudge chips)

Spotted @ Walmart. Go figure another flavor with fudge chunks.....
    Anabolic Minds Site Rep
    www.anabolicminds.com
  12. AnabolicMinds Site Rep

��Little G's Mississippi Mud Pie��
    ��Grade: A-
    ��Coffee Ice cream with brownie chunks, chocolate sandwich cookies, and salted bownie batter swirl
    http://theicecreaminformant.freeforu...ssippi-mud-pie

It provides a nice coffee vibe without going over the top. Some people are very thrown off by coffee ice cream and absolutely despise it, but if you do give this a shot I think people would truly appreciate it. Needless to say the base is almost lost with the conjunction of mix-ins that are provided.

The sandwich cookies are chunked up oreo's that are everywhere. If you ever had Chocolate Milk & Cookies, Fluffer Cookie, Coffee Milk & Cookies you know exactly what I am talking about. The crunchiness and sweet cream filling really helps go hand in hand with the coffee base. Brownies are a good mix-in for coffee base ice cream as we saw in the "Eye Opener" from ample hills, so this was another wise choice. The density and chewiness is on point as the rich chocolate brownies really pack a punch. The salted caramel brownie swirl was hard to find, but you can still pick up the sweet and luscious flavor as you rip through the ice cream.
    Anabolic Minds Site Rep
    www.anabolicminds.com
  13. AnabolicMinds Site Rep

��Salt & Straw Petunia’s Peach Crumble Bars��
    ��Grade: A-
    ��We chop up freshly baked peach crumble bars filled with jammy stone fruit goodness and stir them by the handful into an impossibly delicious lightly spiced coconut ice cream streaked with caramel ribbons that’s every bit as indulgent as our signature ice cream recipe"
    ��Full Review Here:
    http://theicecreaminformant.freeforu...-peach-crumble

Vegan flavors are very dense in nature, but yet somehow Salt & Straw finds a way to keep the ice cream creamy and very rich in taste. These vegan flavors will need an extra 5-10 minutes minimum to temper then a usual S&S Flavor. With that said the quality and amount of flavor does not disappoint. Being a guy that does not enjoy a strong coconut flavor the amount is subtle and manageable

From first bite the sides were laced with caramel swirl, and bars were present on the surface of the ice cream. The swirl blisters your taste buds with a strong caramel flavor that packs a luscious aftertaste. The overall richness, sweetness, and taste is one of the best caramel's I have ever had. It almost made me think of 2nd Street's Copper Kettle Caramel which was one of my all time favorites. the crumble bars were scattered throughout the pint, and were massive in size. Some bars were around 1/2" thick in size and have a soft, chewy, and moist texture to them. The jam filled bars give you a nice surprise as the outside melts in your mouth and the filling is like icing on the cake.
    Anabolic Minds Site Rep
    www.anabolicminds.com
  14. AnabolicMinds Site Rep

Mother of God

Clementines bringing the heat with serious fall flavors
    Anabolic Minds Site Rep
    www.anabolicminds.com
  15. AnabolicMinds Site Rep

Found the new B&J

Review on Sunday!

Anabolic Minds Site Rep
    www.anabolicminds.com
  16. AnabolicMinds Site Rep

Ben & Jerry's One Sweet World:
    Grade: B+
    http://theicecreaminformant.freeforu...ys-sweet-world

"Coffee Caramel ice cream with fudge chunks & Swirls of marshmallow and salted caramel".

The coffee base in B&J's is great, and for some reason it is not seen a lot. Not only in B&J, but in the ice cream industry as a whole. The subtle flavoring of a cold brew is also matched with a light roast. There is no bitterness to the coffee just a very smooth flavor from your vey first bite.

The Fudge flakes I personally think they are boring, they don't add much to the pint, and the chocolate flavoring is just average. The caramel swirl was very hard to find in this experience. There was a small glimpse at the very top , but other then that I think it gets lost as the base is a portion of caramel as well. The marshmallow swirl on the other hand was no joke. This almost reminded me of eating a turkey hill quart with how large this aspect was. Towards the center I was eating chunks of marshmallow. The flavoring of it was just right and the texture was like fresh marshmallow fluff.
    Anabolic Minds Site Rep
    www.anabolicminds.com
  17. AnabolicMinds Site Rep

Ben & Jerry's One Sweet World:
    Grade: B+
    http://theicecreaminformant.freeforu...ys-sweet-world

"Coffee Caramel ice cream with fudge chunks & Swirls of marshmallow and salted caramel".

The coffee base in B&J's is great, and for some reason it is not seen a lot. Not only in B&J, but in the ice cream industry as a whole. The subtle flavoring of a cold brew is also matched with a light roast. There is no bitterness to the coffee just a very smooth flavor from your vey first bite.

The Fudge flakes I personally think they are boring, they don't add much to the pint, and the chocolate flavoring is just average. The caramel swirl was very hard to find in this experience. There was a small glimpse at the very top , but other then that I think it gets lost as the base is a portion of caramel as well. The marshmallow swirl on the other hand was no joke. This almost reminded me of eating a turkey hill quart with how large this aspect was. Towards the center I was eating chunks of marshmallow. The flavoring of it was just right and the texture was like fresh marshmallow fluff.
    Anabolic Minds Site Rep
    www.anabolicminds.com
  18. AnabolicMinds Site Rep

Where did you find it, Bob? Is it one that's only in select stores?

I'll look for it tomorrow when I get off shift. Sounds worth a try.
    Psalm 34:10 - "The lions may grow weak and hungry, but those who seek the Lord lack no good thing."
    EvoMuse Representative | [email protected] | Inspire to Evolve
  19. AnabolicMinds Site Rep

Quote Originally Posted by MidwestBeast View Post
    Where did you find it, Bob? Is it one that's only in select stores?

I'll look for it tomorrow when I get off shift. Sounds worth a try.
    Right at the bottom of the review (Click on the link) ---> Giant Eagle
    Also spotted at 7/11, Kroger, Meijer
    saw a few in columbus at those stores.
    Anabolic Minds Site Rep
    www.anabolicminds.com
  20. AnabolicMinds Site Rep

I'll check my Krogers
    Psalm 34:10 - "The lions may grow weak and hungry, but those who seek the Lord lack no good thing."
    EvoMuse Representative | [email protected] | Inspire to Evolve

21. has anyone found the pumpkin halo top? my mom found it in pitt but so far i ahvent seen it anywhere and i usually ahve things asap in my home kroger in atl... really bummed cuz i heard its amazing
  22. AnabolicMinds Site Rep

In about every store in erie Tops, Giant Eagle, and Wegmans.
    Saw it @ Kroger/Meijer in Columbus over the weekend..
    has anyone found the pumpkin halo top? my mom found it in pitt but so far i ahvent seen it anywhere and i usually ahve things asap in my home kroger in atl... really bummed cuz i heard its amazing
    Anabolic Minds Site Rep
    www.anabolicminds.com

23. Quote Originally Posted by booneman77 View Post
    has anyone found the pumpkin halo top? my mom found it in pitt but so far i ahvent seen it anywhere and i usually ahve things asap in my home kroger in atl... really bummed cuz i heard its amazing
    I tried it and its ok in my opinion. The best flavor in the Halo Top line if I was to vote would be Candy Bar and Pancakes and Waffles. Bought the vanilla yesterday and couldn't even finish half a cup. Threw it out it was so bad which is surprising because I've liked all the other flavors enough to finish the entire pint.

24. Quote Originally Posted by CompeteNPC View Post
    I tried it and its ok in my opinion. The best flavor in the Halo Top line if I was to vote would be Candy Bar and Pancakes and Waffles. Bought the vanilla yesterday and couldn't even finish half a cup. Threw it out it was so bad which is surprising because I've liked all the other flavors enough to finish the entire pint.
    I've also had it. They carry it at my Giant Eagle. It's not sweet like pumpkin pie, but the spices are definitely there. They did a good job, it's just not for me. Current favorites are oatmeal cookie, s'mores, and peanut butter cup. But I switch up. My wife is obsessed with caramel macchiato, and I must say it is pretty damn good
  25. AnabolicMinds Site Rep

New clementines looking solid AF

Anabolic Minds Site Rep
    www.anabolicminds.com
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Replies: 12
    Last Post: 05-26-2013, 08:21 PM
  2. Replies: 13
    Last Post: 06-17-2011, 07:53 AM
  3. The Unofficial Helen Keller & Chuck Norris Joke Thread
    By thesinner in forum General Chat