Does isomalto-oligosaccharide spike insulin?

Johnston

Johnston

Awards
I've read it doesn't, but this rhetoric seems to be coming from those producing/selling the stuff and with a vested interested in pushing its efficacy... so I'm just curious seeing as I'm following a CKD protocol at present and I wonder if it's OK to include in my diet? For some bizarre reason, Quest bars always used to make me crash about an hour after eating, so I don't touch them anymore... but when using the Vita Fiber goo (isomalto-oligosaccharide) to make my own bars I have never had this problem.

RecompMan

RecompMan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I've read it doesn't, but this rhetoric seems to be coming from those producing/selling the stuff and with a vested interested in pushing its efficacy... so I'm just curious seeing as I'm following a CKD protocol at present and I wonder if it's OK to include in my diet? For some bizarre reason, Quest bars always used to make me crash about an hour after eating, so I don't touch them anymore... but when using the Vita Fiber goo (isomalto-oligosaccharide) to make my own bars I have never had this problem.
they changed ingredient list recently

toddmuelheim

toddmuelheim

Awards
  • Established
they changed ingredient list recently
For reals? What did they change? I saw they used a different type of fiber in the smores bars but the cccd are the same

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm with the OP, the bars put me to sleep so I have them up.

Recomp - sup playa

What did they change?

RecompMan

RecompMan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm with the OP, the bars put me to sleep so I have them up. Recomp - sup playa What did they change?
they started adding Palm oil

The ingredient list is longer now and not so natural

RecompMan

RecompMan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm with the OP, the bars put me to sleep so I have them up. Recomp - sup playa What did they change?
they started adding Palm oil

The ingredient list is longer now and not so natural

Whacked

Whacked

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established