BACON - how much do you eat?

MyKH3LL

MyKH3LL

Awards
So, the title pretty much explains it all... HOW MUCH BACON DO YOU EAT?

"There are several studies showing that bacon is linked to cancer and heart disease, but all of them are so-called epidemiological studies, which can not prove causation. Overall, I’m not totally convinced that bacon is harmful. But I’m not convinced that it’s totally healthy either. It is a processed meat after all."

I'm thinking with pastured raised pigs, including bacon in my diet (although not excessively) might not be as bad as I once thought. I'm tempted to throw a heap of skinless chicken breasts into the slow cooker with a couple pastured-fed rashers of bacon and mushrooms, onion, garlic etc. and just making a big serving of slow cooked casserole to eat for one meal a day through the week.

What is your stance on bacon and how often do you eat it?

Pride89

Pride89

Awards
  • Established
I like bacon, and we have amazing bacon in Denmark, NOT at the super market, but at the buchers.

Most of them makes different types with less salt and different wood types in the smokers

I dont care if it is healthy or not, but i think these "home made" smaller productions is better (with less salt) then the store bought once

goodvibes

goodvibes

Awards
  • Established
When I do eat it I eat until I'm full. No limit. I go for weeks with bacon every breakfast with eggs. My bloodwork is better than ever (past 6 yrs)

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
image-3502939629.jpg

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Switch to Oscar Meyer's Turkey bacon. Tried many brands and this one tastes great.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I usually only get bacon when I get meat at the butchers, so not that often, but when I cook bacon I cook all of it.

Chrisehyoung

Chrisehyoung

Awards
My bacon consumption has drastically reduced in the past year. I used to tear through 2-3 pounds of bacon and 2-3 pounds of sausage every week. Bacon wrapped everything.

supermanjow

supermanjow

Awards
  • Established
Off season I'll get two pounds every Saturday and finish it off on Sunday. I love my big Saturday morning breakfasts with bacon, eggs, and something super carby!

MyKH3LL

MyKH3LL

Awards
Switch to Oscar Meyer's Turkey bacon. Tried many brands and this one tastes great.
I don't know if it's an Australian thing, but I can't find Turkey Bacon ANYWHERE! :(

MyKH3LL

MyKH3LL

Awards
My bacon consumption has drastically reduced in the past year. I used to tear through 2-3 pounds of bacon and 2-3 pounds of sausage every week. Bacon wrapped everything.
...that's a lot of sausage.

heh heh. Sorry.

Everything is better wrapped in bacon!

MyKH3LL

MyKH3LL

Awards
Off season I'll get two pounds every Saturday and finish it off on Sunday. I love my big Saturday morning breakfasts with bacon, eggs, and something super carby!
*drools*

My idea of heaven.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
I eat roughly two pieces of shoulder per day. Put it in an omelette with fresh vegetables, on homemade burgers, wrapped around veges, whatever I can haha

MyKH3LL

MyKH3LL

Awards
I eat roughly two pieces of shoulder per day. Put it in an omelette with fresh vegetables, on homemade burgers, wrapped around veges, whatever I can haha
There's not much things better than a homemade beef burger with bacon (and avocado... and cheese... and tomato...)

NoAddedHmones

NoAddedHmones

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
There's not much things better than a homemade beef burger with bacon (and avocado... and cheese... and tomato...)
Kanga patties, bacon and egg burgers. My go to.

MyKH3LL

MyKH3LL

Awards
MyKH3LL

MyKH3LL

Awards
MyKH3LL

MyKH3LL

Awards
Sunny city of melbourne.... Lol. You?
haha, Sydney mate - Penrith to be exact.

I was up the coast near Newcastle for a few years but moved back down here (where I grew up) about 5 or so years ago to find more work and buy my first house :D

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
NZ whut.

Whenever I eat bacon I also drink Orange Juice and avoid most other processed meats. Its the Nitrosamines that people fear; consuming Vit C alongside will stop the conversion of Nitrate to Nitrosamine.

MyKH3LL

MyKH3LL

Awards
NZ whut.

Whenever I eat bacon I also drink Orange Juice and avoid most other processed meats. Its the Nitrosamines that people fear; consuming Vit C alongside will stop the conversion of Nitrate to Nitrosamine.
Well there you go, Jiigzz educating me yet again. Just like the old days ;) :p

Love a glass of cold OJ so I'll keep this in mind when smashing some bacon for breakfast.

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Once in a while. I hate cooking it.

MyKH3LL

MyKH3LL

Awards
puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Is it the spitting? If I know you well enough, you wouldn't be a fan of spitting...
Spitting? You mean when the grease flies everywhere? Yes, I hate that and I hate how it stinks up my house.

drinkyboy

Awards
  • Established
I cook my bacon in the newd so the grease pops me in my funny parts. I can also vouch for bacon in the oven...pants on of course.

Jakethaniel

Jakethaniel

Awards
  • Established
When I eat it, I eat at least a pound and I cook it in the oven. I usually only eat it by itself if I am keto and then it can range from 0-4 times a week.

Anyone else season theirs? I have been playing around with adding cinnamon and cayenne which is pretty good.

drinkyboy

Awards
  • Established
I don't eat much..maybe one or 2 times a month, but when I do, I smash haaaard! I always say 'man why don't I eat bacon more often?'.

drinkyboy

Awards
  • Established
When I eat it, I eat at least a pound and I cook it in the oven. I usually only eat it by itself if I am keto and then it can range from 0-4 times a week.

Anyone else season theirs? I have been playing around with adding cinnamon and cayenne which is pretty good.
Maple syrup is the shizzz. Never tried any real seasoning though..

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Same here.. but I think this will change come summer. Can't wait to start grilling again!!

RecompMan

RecompMan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Same here.. but I think this will change come summer. Can't wait to start grilling again!!
I eat bacon

I like food on the grill but why wait till summer

You can cook me bacon anytime of the year

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
My butcher grinds bacon into beef and makes bacon/beef patties in the summer. They are life changing

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I don't like eating bacon by itself. I prefer it in my sandwich, salad, or burger.

RecompMan

RecompMan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
My butcher grinds bacon into beef and makes bacon/beef patties in the summer. They are life changing
candied bacon and onions blended into halopebo jack cheddar burger

drinkyboy

Awards
  • Established
candied bacon and onions blended into halopebo jack cheddar burger
I'm a huge fan of these! Made these for my boy in Colorado 12 years ago and he still raves about em! They are vary hard to put down when your full lol. He also talks about how my stuffed shells with apparently bad Italian sausage gave me and his family food poisoning lol. House of 6 burning it at both ends with 1 bathroom was interesting lol.

drinkyboy

Awards
  • Established
I used regular cheddar but don't doubt one bit that jalapeño jack would be a nice addition

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Look at what I just found at Be, Bath & Beyond

MyKH3LL

MyKH3LL

Awards
JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I did not. It was only a couple bucks too. Biggest regret of my life so far :(

CATdiesel76

CATdiesel76

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Bacon candied with bourbon, brown sugar, and dusted with pecans. Thanks me later

MyKH3LL

MyKH3LL

Awards
jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Look at what I just found at Be, Bath & Beyond
Have them...ive only used it a handful of times and it has never turned out as good as i expected/wanted. Dont beat yourself too much about it. Not as big of a loss as youd imagine.

fame126

fame126

Awards
  • Established
breakfast aint **** without bacon. thick sliced only. I like my bacon like I like my women.............. THICK, sonnnnn!!!!

MyKH3LL

MyKH3LL

Awards
breakfast aint **** without bacon. thick sliced only. I like my bacon like I like my women.............. THICK, sonnnnn!!!!
Comment of the day.

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Agree.

I also like my women like i like my coffee.

Ground up and in the freezer

MyKH3LL

MyKH3LL

Awards