sword fish??

blaykeryan

blaykeryan

Awards
Just bought some..I'm going to try it after I lift...just wondering if it's good or fishy...macros are good..8 g fat 22g pro per 4 oz

TheMovement

TheMovement

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Pretty darn good off the grill with S&P with lemon juice but thats just me

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Pretty darn good off the grill with S&P with lemon juice but thats just me
Agreed! It's not fishy at all and is best cooked on the grill. Like TheMovement said, just a little salt and pepper and some lemon juice and you're good.

Tabascoonall

Tabascoonall

Awards
Love sword fish stakes, more relatable to steak then like cod, cod flakes and falls apart sword fish is more "dense" i guess you can call it, keep it simple with seasonings, let the fish be the one to shine. I love it

Jackedjack

Jackedjack

Awards
Love it, I feel like it's a dense tuna steak. I personally like mango habenero sause with it

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Love sword fish stakes, more relatable to steak then like cod, cod flakes and falls apart sword fish is more "dense" i guess you can call it, keep it simple with seasonings, let the fish be the one to shine. I love it
Very well said! Definitely more of a steak than fish flavor. Mahi mahi is another similar option to try on the grill.

Tabascoonall

Tabascoonall

Awards
Very well said! Definitely more of a steak than fish flavor. Mahi mahi is another similar option to try on the grill.
I love it. And most places have a good size steak portion. I know whole foods the average oz is around 7. But I think it's so hard to beat ahi tuna 1 min each side. Hmmn just some salt and pepper. So simple and just hnnngggg

GNO

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Call my crazy, but I like to grill and then throw on jam or pepper jelly. Sometimes I make a marinade with coconut aminos (similar to soy sauce) and almond butter.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Pretty much this. Great stuff and especially if you are adverse to anything fishy like me. Has no distinctive flavor other than what the texture provides.

TheMovement

TheMovement

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Call my crazy, but I like to grill and then throw on jam or pepper jelly. Sometimes I make a marinade with coconut aminos (similar to soy sauce) and almond butter.
Yea your sick alright, but in a good way! Dare to be different lol

Tabascoonall

Tabascoonall

Awards
Wait what hahahaha. Jezz that's out of left field. I mean Im down to try anything, the only time I go crazy with spices and marinades is if it's not the best quality of meat or fish. But when I get high quality meat and fish, I let it "speak" for its self.

GNO

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Wait what hahahaha. Jezz that's out of left field. I mean Im down to try anything, the only time I go crazy with spices and marinades is if it's not the best quality of meat or fish. But when I get high quality meat and fish, I let it "speak" for its self.
Agree on that, i recenŧly bought some sashimi grade tuna in bulk. I cook that half a minute per side, so it's raw in the center or eat straight raw with pickled ginger.

Tabascoonall

Tabascoonall

Awards
Agree on that, i recen?ly bought some sashimi grade tuna in bulk. I cook that half a minute per side, so it's raw in the center or eat straight raw with pickled ginger.
That sounds perfect. Where did you buy it from. Sounds like a great deal

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
Swordfish fish isnt bad, not as good as bow-staff fish....

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Agree on that, i recenŧly bought some sashimi grade tuna in bulk. I cook that half a minute per side, so it's raw in the center or eat straight raw with pickled ginger.
That's the way to do it. Just a quick sear on each side and enjoy.

TheMovement

TheMovement

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Swordfish fish isnt bad, not as good as bow-staff fish....
Bow-staff??? What the hell and no I refuse to google it, sounds like a trap

GNO

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
That sounds perfect. Where did you buy it from. Sounds like a great deal
Most recently I have been buying from this place in Alberta, Canada that sells wild fish and naturally raised meat. But, I ordered 10lbs of tuna from Costco online a couple of times. I don't know if it's available in the US but worth a check.

blaykeryan

blaykeryan

Awards
Thanks for the replies...I'll have to try some of these ideas...yeah I just like to try different foods..I don't mind fishy taste...just fish gets old quick

Tabascoonall

Tabascoonall

Awards
Thanks for the replies...I'll have to try some of these ideas...yeah I just like to try different foods..I don't mind fishy taste...just fish gets old quick
What have you been having lately? I personally would pick fish over meat anyday. A nice sea bass hnngg

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
What have you been having lately? I personally would pick fish over meat anyday. A nice sea bass hnngg
Salmon over anything... I do a ton of talapia

Tabascoonall

Tabascoonall

Awards
Salmon over anything... I do a ton of talapia
After last years prep I can't think of talipia again hahahs but about to start cooking some again soon. Oh salmon for sure is GOAT but white fish I would be Sea bass

GNO

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm ready for my spring cut with 5 lbs tuna steaks, 1 lb swordfish steaks, 1 lbs arctic char (fatty fish, slightly lower in cals/fat than salmon) and a little bit of salmon & eel left over from the bulk.

blaykeryan

blaykeryan

Awards
Made this post workout...fried catfish using olive oil /rosemary mix..
Huge bag of catfish nuggets on sale at walmart..I steamed brown rice with chicken broth and added steamed veggies...actually a pretty cheap meal
ForumRunner_20150304_000808.png

AscendoTuum

Awards
Swordfish is really good simply done on the grill, but I think its also a predatory fish too right? Not supposed to enjoy more than once per week? (albeit it is usually expensive enough fresh that this isn't a problem)

Aleksandar37

Aleksandar37

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I don't know about limiting in regards to is being a predatory fish, but price is certainly always the limiting factor for me. I always tend to buy a lot though when I spot a good sale.

Tabascoonall

Tabascoonall

Awards
I don't know about limiting in regards to is being a predatory fish, but price is certainly always the limiting factor for me. I always tend to buy a lot though when I spot a good sale.
Same here, i just plan out my shopping and have a certain amount to spend on fish or meat, as much as i would love to have ahi tuna every meal, that would just be stupid pricey haha

papersteroid

Awards
Swordfish is really good. I really like Sicilian style swordfish.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Anabolics 5
Anabolics 6
Anabolics 0
Anabolics 5
yeahright Recipes 2