Bacon deep dish pizza

Skooter

Skooter

Banned
Awards
Not going to lie, I'll be smashing one of those soon enough lol

Pneumophant

Awards
I'm gonna order all sides of bacon by the foot now.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Was gonna order one last week. Punk kid said they were "Out of strips". Dang kids, gotta go at a time when a manager is on duty for better service.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Reviews on the new Little Caesar Deep Dish Bacon Crust Pizza:

http://www.businessinsider.com/little-caesars-bacon-pizza-crust-review-2015-2
The top criticisms of this pizza were that the crust was too thick and greasy.
The bacon around the crust added more flavor than I thought it would and really made the crust worth eating," one reviewer said. "I loved it and it would make the perfect hangover cure."
Most people said they could not manage more than one slice. Our reviewer who had three slices said he was "deeply upset" with himself.

http://www.pennlive.com/food/index.ssf/2015/02/little_caesars_bacon_wrapped_p.html
To me, it was like eating a big, salty dough ball. The thick, deep deep dish crust helps to absorb the salty, greasy bacon. I saw cheese and tomato sauce but I have to confess I barely tasted cheese or tomato sauce.

The bacon and crust just overpower. That's good for bacon lovers, I guess.

http://www.brandeating.com/2015/02/review-little-caesars-bacon-wrapped-crust-deep-dish-pizza.html

Tastewise, the bacon was just okay. For all the bacon here, there wasn't a super-bacony, pork flavor to the pizza and some of the strips and bits were burnt. In general, the bacon was a little overcooked (or just right, depending on how you like your bacon) On the plus side, it was decently smoky and surprisingly not too salty.

here was plenty of cheese on the pizza and Little Caesars' blend of Muenster and mozzarella gave it a nice, distinctive flavor. The crust has quite a bit of heft to it and offered an enjoyable pairing of greasy, crispy crust with a dense but spongy crumb

http://www.grubgrade.com/reviews/review-bacon-wrapped-crust-deep-deep-dish-pizza-from-little-caesars/

As expected, the BWDDDP is very greasy… handle each slice with a oil-soaked napkin kind of greasy. Flavor obviously is packed with each bite, but as I mentioned before, it’s too much of that salty/savory quality that even plain old bacon-less crust would have helped break it up.

not so hot.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Reviews on the new Little Caesar Deep Dish Bacon Crust Pizza:

http://www.businessinsider.com/little-caesars-bacon-pizza-crust-review-2015-2
The top criticisms of this pizza were that the crust was too thick and greasy.
The bacon around the crust added more flavor than I thought it would and really made the crust worth eating," one reviewer said. "I loved it and it would make the perfect hangover cure."
Most people said they could not manage more than one slice. Our reviewer who had three slices said he was "deeply upset" with himself.

http://www.pennlive.com/food/index.ssf/2015/02/little_caesars_bacon_wrapped_p.html
To me, it was like eating a big, salty dough ball. The thick, deep deep dish crust helps to absorb the salty, greasy bacon. I saw cheese and tomato sauce but I have to confess I barely tasted cheese or tomato sauce.

The bacon and crust just overpower. That's good for bacon lovers, I guess.

http://www.brandeating.com/2015/02/review-little-caesars-bacon-wrapped-crust-deep-dish-pizza.html

Tastewise, the bacon was just okay. For all the bacon here, there wasn't a super-bacony, pork flavor to the pizza and some of the strips and bits were burnt. In general, the bacon was a little overcooked (or just right, depending on how you like your bacon) On the plus side, it was decently smoky and surprisingly not too salty.

here was plenty of cheese on the pizza and Little Caesars' blend of Muenster and mozzarella gave it a nice, distinctive flavor. The crust has quite a bit of heft to it and offered an enjoyable pairing of greasy, crispy crust with a dense but spongy crumb

http://www.grubgrade.com/reviews/review-bacon-wrapped-crust-deep-deep-dish-pizza-from-little-caesars/

As expected, the BWDDDP is very greasy… handle each slice with a oil-soaked napkin kind of greasy. Flavor obviously is packed with each bite, but as I mentioned before, it’s too much of that salty/savory quality that even plain old bacon-less crust would have helped break it up.

not so hot.

If anything it's a cheap alternative. Sometimes I get good pizza, other times I eat this stuff. Depends on what I have to spend. Taste of food is relative though. You do get a lot of food for a very cheap price. I've been to Little Caesars many times. Sometimes it's better than others and that usually depends on the time of day you visit and the franchise location. With any franchise restaurant it's like that though. One place might have great service and great food, then you can go across town and get the same product and it's absolute garbage. For $12 though you get a lot of food. The pepperoni deep deep is very very filling. I like it though, even though it is very greasy. Still haven't been able to try the bacon one yet. If people go into Little Caesars thinking they are gonna get perfect "gourmet" pizza, well than they are idiots. Like I said, it's a cheaper alternative and a good deal for a lot of food.

I just don't trust reviews of food at all. I need to taste it for myself.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
T-bone with the logic bomb!

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
T-bone with the logic bomb!
Cheap + lot of food does not = good quality
Dont get me wrong a greasy pizza now and then hits the spot. But could be a much better investment out there.
I am down to try anything seasonal though.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
To quote T-bone

If people go into Little Caesars thinking they are gonna get perfect "gourmet" pizza, well than they are idiots.
This pizza is a novelty item, not a delicacy. Holding a fast food chain restaurant to such standards is disengenuious at best. Those reviews are from obnoxious individuals who like most people, just like to hear themselves talk.

I mean it is bacon pizza from little ceasers... is anyone really expectating a profound gourmet meal here?

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I mean it is bacon pizza from little ceasers... is anyone really expectating a profound gourmet meal here?
apparently so josh

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Those reviews are from obnoxious individuals who like most people, just like to hear themselves talk.
you could say the same thing about every supplement review we read too :)

enhanced

enhanced

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I tried it Saturday night & loved it! Best cheat meal ever!

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
you could say the same thing about every supplement review we read too :)
Yea, the ones that are based off unrealistic expectations and are excessively negative, yup.

The parallel would be a negative review to an OTC testosterone booster because it doesn't work as good as injecting test.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Yea, the ones that are based off unrealistic expectations and are excessively negative, yup.

The parallel would be a negative review to an OTC testosterone booster because it doesn't work as good as injecting test.
LMAO

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Buddy in the Air Force got for his family
Said the bacon was very thin and greasy as all hell kids did not like it either .

Everyone has opinions
Just like on supplements everyone loves something and some hate it

Nobody likes everything you don't find many Americans eating healthy yet they rather go to
McDonald's and spend a $1 on a cheeseburger and get dead road kill lol

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
To quote T-bone

This pizza is a novelty item, not a delicacy. Holding a fast food chain restaurant to such standards is disengenuious at best. Those reviews are from obnoxious individuals who like most people, just like to hear themselves talk.

Yep. Complainers. They got a $12 pizza and feel the need to go on the internet and post about how they don't like it. Shut up and eat it and be thankful you have something to eat. That's all I'm sayin.

https://screen.yahoo.com/internet-comments-talk-show-000000422.html

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
My kids on a pizza and movie night love little ceasers. I would much rather get lou malnati, ginos, something like that.

However we get ceasers, we know what to expect, kids are happy, makes me happy.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
My kids on a pizza and movie night love little ceasers. I would much rather get lou malnati, ginos, something like that.

However we get ceasers, we know what to expect, kids are happy, makes me happy.
Need to try Lou's and Gino's
never been to Chicago

thinking about ordering one for my Bday this month.

GNO

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
never been to Chicago

Dude, how have I tried both before you?? You need to jump on that!

Lou's is a more of a buttery crust, but both are solid. I'm a meat guy, but the veggie from Giordano's was the best I've tried ...thick pieces of artichoke, peppers, tomatoes,etc hnnnnggg

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Dude, how have I tried both before you?? You need to jump on that!

Lou's is a more of a buttery crust, but both are solid. I'm a meat guy, but the veggie from Giordano's was the best I've tried ...thick pieces of artichoke, peppers, tomatoes,etc hnnnnggg
because i have never been to Chicago thats why.

GNO

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
because i have never been to Chicago thats why.
i actually hit up Giordano's in Orlando lol. only been to Chicago once and went to Lou's based on local advice.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
i actually hit up Giordano's in Orlando lol. only been to Chicago once and went to Lou's based on local advice.
last time i was in Orlando i was there for the Bay Hill Classic, Dad is a big golfer and was on the PGA tour for a short stint.

mistermike79

mistermike79

Awards
IMO Little Ceasars pizza has went down hill a lot from the 90's. But i would like to try this!

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
never been to Chicago

It's your birthday, splurge and buy one of each, then compare.

Jk, that's prob almost $100 shipped for 2.

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
IMO Little Ceasars pizza has went down hill a lot from the 90's. But i would like to try this!
Due to gas, energy, food costs almost all restaurant quality has decreased over the last 10 plus years.

They have all had to cut corners to keep profits lined up.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
It's your birthday, splurge and buy one of each, then compare.

Jk, that's prob almost $100 shipped for 2.
50 shipped yup
Love ice cream too much gonna grab a bunch in Columbus this weekend

GNO

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
50 shipped yup
Love ice cream too much gonna grab a bunch in Columbus this weekend
Besides Jeni's and Graeter's, what are you looking for?
Any other stuff you loading up on?

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
True. Now they are more of the fast food of "pizza". I remember ordering from Little Ceasars from around the late 80's to the late 90's. Then they seemed to disappear for a while and now they're back. The food is a lot different now, but I believe they are more concentrated on value for the money and quickness- hence the "hot & ready".

mistermike79

mistermike79

Awards
True. Now they are more of the fast food of "pizza". I remember ordering from Little Ceasars from around the late 80's to the late 90's. Then they seems disappear for a while and now they're back. The food is a lot different now, but I believe they are more concentrated on value for the money and quickness- hence the "hot & ready".
yea, i remember they had those square pizzas with the packs of the awesome seasoning you could get with them. and THEY DELIVERED back then too.

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
yea, i remember they had those square pizzas with the packs of the awesome seasoning you could get with them. and THEY DELIVERED back then too.
Yeah the square pizzas and they were somehow wrapped in paper. There was cardboard but it was covered with paper- if I'm remember correctly. It was much better back then yes. Now it's a cheap alternative to regular pizza.

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yeah Pizza Pizza. 2 pizzas with the paper cover.

Man Friday night little ceasers, sega and nintendo, ecto cooler Hi-C

Getting old sucks

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
haha that was me too man!
That's why I love the shows Goldbergs and Fresh off the boat. Both remind me of my childhood.

I hate getting old, but man we grew up with some awesome stuff. And I had almost every pair of Jordans, that these kids now buy retro for 300$. Plus I got to actually watch him win all the titles.

Damn whipersnappers pull your pants up. Ok, rant over.

Back to food lol

B5150

B5150

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Dont get me wrong a greasy pizza now and then hits the spot. But could be a much better investment out there.
I am down to try anything seasonal though.
Quality is subjective.
A cheap generous sized pizza enjoyed with my kid watching DVR'd Jeapordy and Wheel of Fortune on a Friday night is quality time.

At the end of my life I'm not going to wish I had used better supplements or ate the most nutritious food nor will it cross my mind. Me and my kid (and if I'm lucky - my grandkids) will remember Friday nights. Perspective!

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
Quality is subjective.
A cheap generous sized pizza enjoyed with my kid watching DVR'd Jeapordy and Wheel of Fortune on a Friday night is quality time.

At the end of my life I'm not going to wish I had used better supplements or ate the most nutritious food nor will it cross my mind. Me and my kid (and if I'm lucky - my grandkids) will remember Friday nights. Perspective!
This!

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Besides Jeni's and Graeter's, what are you looking for?
Any other stuff you loading up on?
Trader Joe's Stuff
Talenti new flavors if i can find @ Fresh market.

GNO

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Trader Joe's Stuff
Talenti new flavors if i can find @ Fresh market.
Im going to hit up TJ's too. Any other non-perishables that are a must try (ie. Cereals, treats, etc)?

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Im going to hit up TJ's too. Any other non-perishables that are a must try (ie. Cereals, treats, etc)?
Granola Bar's
Almond Milk
Cereal's
Turkey Chili
Bunch of Sauces
Grinders for seasonings
Bread are real good
low fat muffins
SnickerDoodle Cookies
Cookie Butter Cookies
Cookie Butter

etc.

Shop around and get what you want man, not what i want.

GNO

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Granola Bar's
Almond Milk
Cereal's
Turkey Chili
Bunch of Sauces
Grinders for seasonings
Bread are real good
low fat muffins
SnickerDoodle Cookies
Cookie Butter Cookies
Cookie Butter

etc.

Shop around and get what you want man, not what i want.
Fair enough. Everything is new to me so can't get it all because my luggage will already be jammed. I'll likely just grab the cookie butter cookies.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Get Cookie Butter, CNC Cookie Butter, Choc Cookie Swirl Cookie Butter,
Cookie Butter Cookies, SnickerDoodles

Those are musts.

EatMoar

EatMoar

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Iifym people be like "ya that fits my
Macros every day!"

GNO

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Get Cookie Butter, CNC Cookie Butter, Choc Cookie Swirl Cookie Butter,
Cookie Butter Cookies, SnickerDoodles

Those are musts.
Thanks bro, I have a cookie butter addiction so those should hit the spot ;)