What is the cheapest protein?

Abe Lincoln

Abe Lincoln

Awards
  • Established
As wondering on this, I can get milk protein for 8.36USD each pound. So is there a food that beats this? The milk protein has 15 servings and each serving is 24g of protein.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Muscletech is slightly cheaper at SAMs. Not sure the few dollars is worth it tho.

Abe Lincoln

Abe Lincoln

Awards
  • Established
Muscletech is slightly cheaper at SAMs. Not sure the few dollars is worth it tho.
Aren't they spike? I was just asking overall protein, like from foods. Preferably not spiked lol. I might be going on that homeless man diet, so just wanted to know the cheapest source for protein.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Aren't they spike? I was just asking overall protein, like from foods. Preferably not spiked lol. I might be going on that homeless man diet, so just wanted to know the cheapest source for protein.
Chicken or farmed fish then. I get chicken for $1.88/lb, also at SAMs.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I paid 1.19 a lb for the chicken thighs from Purdue. With skin and bones, but still can'that that price. Plus purdue uses no hormones. Not sure about the feed tho...

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
3lb rotisserie chicken is 4.99, ground beet 90/10 is 3.68 lb at sams... And I'm done lol

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Also don't forget eggs, these are seriously cheap sources of 100 bioavailable protein

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
3lb rotisserie chicken is 4.99, ground beet 90/10 is 3.68 lb at sams... And I'm done lol
Love their 90/10 beef also, but it's def not "homeless protein priced".

Tabascoonall

Tabascoonall

Awards
tuna is pretty cheap, i am not sure how it compares with others but it is cheap

Abe Lincoln

Abe Lincoln

Awards
  • Established
That's a fact, the op listed protein at 8 Sumthin a pound. What's better protein than beef lol
I just need the cheapest quality protein. To me powder is still quality and if it is cheaper than food that is all that matters.

Abe Lincoln

Abe Lincoln

Awards
  • Established
Now what do you think is the cheapest best quality carb? Simple and complex? I'm thinking white rice for simple, but not sure on the cheapest for complex. Maybe oats?

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Now what do you think is the cheapest best quality carb? Simple and complex? I'm thinking white rice for simple, but not sure on the cheapest for complex. Maybe oats?
Those are my first picks.

Tabascoonall

Tabascoonall

Awards
thats a close call, those HUGE bags of rice are pretty dang cheap, but i like oats better but thats just me.

Abe Lincoln

Abe Lincoln

Awards
  • Established
Looks like protein powder, white rice, and some chicken will be my diet for the upcoming year haha

Abe Lincoln

Abe Lincoln

Awards
  • Established
make sure not to neglect micronutrients and fiber...
That homeless man diet can't handle that lol. Literally going to be broke, but I get vitamins through my insurance so I will have daily vitamins and fishoils. White rice has some fiber

mtinsideout

mtinsideout

Awards
  • Established
That homeless man diet can't handle that lol. Literally going to be broke, but I get vitamins through my insurance so I will have daily vitamins and fishoils. White rice has some fiber
Check your grocery store for beef liver or heart, I've seen organ meat go for pretty cheap at some places.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Rice and depending on your area/time of year, sweet potatoes

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I know a place that sells quality bulk whey concentrate. With a coupon code listed on the site you can get 11 pounds for around $68 and some change including shipping.

The monk60

The monk60

Awards
At SAMs a couple months back I saw Arnold's protein on sale...can't remember size or price but it was the large tub and remember thinking damn that's a good buy. I was stocked up at the time so I didn't get any. So yeah, check SAMs or Costco for all of that stuff.

A

anavar1715

Awards
At SAMs a couple months back I saw Arnold's protein on sale...can't remember size or price but it was the large tub and remember thinking damn that's a good buy. I was stocked up at the time so I didn't get any. So yeah, check SAMs or Costco for all of that stuff.
watch out for Arnold products, they're under review for spiking their products!