Low Vitamin D levels and running cycle

TxM22

TxM22

Awards
I just got my routine blood work back from my doctor and she put me on vitamin d. I guess my levels were low enough to be prescribed it.

I read it can cause low testosterone by being vitamin d deficient. I was just about to start a test cyp cycle next week too.

Anyone have thoughts on whether it's still ok to run it?

grinnell27

grinnell27

Awards
  • Established
I just got my routine blood work back from my doctor and she put me on vitamin d. I guess my levels were low enough to be prescribed it. I read it can cause low testosterone by being vitamin d deficient. I was just about to start a test cyp cycle next week too. Anyone have thoughts on whether it's still ok to run it?
You'll be fine, just make sure your taking vit d as a supplement along with it.

TxM22

TxM22

Awards
My doc put me on 50,000 iu of vit d once a week so I'll prob just add a multi for sure.

daniel11

daniel11

Awards
  • Established
My doc put me on 50,000 iu of vit d once a week so I'll prob just add a multi for sure.
Same here. 12 weeks.

Now I'm about to start 5000 iu / day

I always wondered why I was deficient in the first place. I still have no idea.

TxM22

TxM22

Awards
Same here. 12 weeks.

Now I'm about to start 5000 iu / day

I always wondered why I was deficient in the first place. I still have no idea.
Are you in the northeast or live in a cold climate by any chance? That's one of the main reasons why people have low vitamin d. My biggest question is, how much of an effect does it have on test levels?

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I stay at 5,000 all winter in Midwest. 50,000 that's crazy lol. Have you ever seen the sunlight?

daniel11

daniel11

Awards
  • Established
Are you in the northeast or live in a cold climate by any chance? That's one of the main reasons why people have low vitamin d. My biggest question is, how much of an effect does it have on test levels?
no Im on the sunny west coast.

I was actually wondering the opposite...can exogenous hormones have an adverse effect on Vit D levels ?

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Software engineering is the study and an application of engineering to the design, development, and maintenance of software. Typical formal definitions of software engineering are: "the application of a systematic, disciplined

My CPU is a neural net processor; a learning computer. :cool: