Eggs in microwave.

R1187

R1187

Awards
  • Established
Because I'm lazy and also hate chewing food, my new thing is to crack eggs directly into a bowl of oatmeal, add water, and microwave for 2:30.

The eggs are still basically liquid following this method.

Is the protein's bioavailability compromised by doing this (as opposed to cooking them more solid)???

Oh and it's not as disgusting as you think. I honestly can't even taste the eggs when I do this.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You're fine.

I like do ths sometimes with oatmeal. It gives it a rich, creamy texture.

keithgeiling

keithgeiling

Awards
  • Established
2 eggs in micro almost every day for me.. 1 min 35 seconds and it's done, easy and good.. I grew up on eggs like this..

MARK_

MARK_

Awards
Confessions of the microwaving egg people. Haha, I cook mine in the microwave quite often.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I do microwave sometimes too. Every 60s I mix it tho. It seems to blow up like a balloon if I don't,

grinnell27

grinnell27

Awards
  • Established
Hate eating scrambled eggs... I can only eat them poached now. Don't like fried either, not to mention the added calories of frying

motiv8er

motiv8er

Awards
  • Established
Are there any devices you recommend for the cooking process? If not, I should make a 2 egg double set available! I'd buy it...

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
no microwave....used to upset my stomach something terrible, i cook them in a pan now and i still get some stomach problems but not nearly as bad as when i microwaved them

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Are there any devices you recommend for the cooking process? If not, I should make a 2 egg double set available! I'd buy it...
I think they have this online. I use to see it on infomercials.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I should clarify, I don't microwave eggs alone, that's pretty gross, but definitely add some egg whites to oatmeal and thank me later.

MARK_

MARK_

Awards
I whip up 3 or 4 eggs. Throw some Pepper and cheese and microwave for 1:30. Whip it up again and another 1:30. Good to go Flow!

DR325

DR325

Awards
I make "protein cake" by mixing in a scoop of any protein powder, egg whites, cinnamon and toss it in the microwave for :60 or so. Takes some practice to get the right ratio of powder/egg whites (too much or too little of egg white will either make it more runny or more firm), but man is it good!

keithgeiling

keithgeiling

Awards
  • Established
I make "protein cake" by mixing in a scoop of any protein powder, egg whites, cinnamon and toss it in the microwave for :60 or so. Takes some practice to get the right ratio of powder/egg whites (too much or too little of egg white will either make it more runny or more firm), but man is it good!
that sounds like an idea!!

money0351

money0351

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
people get pretty crazy with their mug cakes. I've never been a huge fan because they tend to be pretty dry.

Also if you have IG check out beltsander brownies

DR325

DR325

Awards
people get pretty crazy with their mug cakes. I've never been a huge fan because they tend to be pretty dry.

Also if you have IG check out beltsander brownies
Oh, man, this is my new kitchen mission. Betty Crocker needs to get into the protein industry!

Tabascoonall

Tabascoonall

Awards
At a hotel once and microwaved some eggs in the lobby cause my room didn't have a microwave, lets just say they weren't to happy with me from that point forward. its such a easy meal and quick too but it can smell

baxtecal

baxtecal

Awards
  • Established
I wouldnt microwave eggs IMO, can be good for nutritional panel... Sounds like they're getting zapped lol, i just eat raw egg white daily. about 15-20 eggs daily.