I thought I would never ask this.... Lol....

Tagger

Tagger

Awards
Its not bad if that's what you were thinking.

So heres the deal.

I am getting prepared for my cycle and I have a lot of beef on the menu. I don't want to go crazy cause to much red meat can be hard on the system (but it tastes so ****ing good!).

So here is my question... I hate fish... (well maybe I don't but I am not a huge fan that's for sure).

What is some basic fish recipes that I can make for my diet.

I am just getting tired of chicken. I eat chicken all the ****ing time I feel like. Lol. If beef wasn't an issue, that's all I would eat haha.

I like to cook in bulk and the only time I can remember that I made some fish and actually liked it was wrapping that **** up in aluminum foil, putting lemon juice and other seasoning on it and baked it in the oven.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
You hit the nail on the head. Lemon juice and seasoning. You can also pan sear it instead of baking it. Flounder and swai can be as cheap as tilapia and don't have a strong fishy flavor. Unlike chicken, though, I won't do more than 3 days in advance. Fish doesn't age very well.

grinnell27

grinnell27

Awards
  • Established
Put it in a pie to help mask flavour, along with other textures you won't even notice it's there. Some potato, veg, a little low sodium gravy. Good to go

Tagger

Tagger

Awards
Thanks for the ideas guys.

I was thinking the same thing about bulk cooking fish.

Pretty sure I am just going to cut my normal Sunday bulk meal prep and make it into a Sunday and Thursday or Wednesday Meal prep.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Garlic and fresh onions are great with fish.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Also, go with fish that is virtually tasteless, like tilapia. It tastes like whatever you season it with. Shrimp can be easily masked as well

AaronJP1

AaronJP1

Board Sponsor
Awards
That's the way I cook my fish, the quick way at least...

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Its not bad if that's what you were thinking.

So heres the deal.

I am getting prepared for my cycle and I have a lot of beef on the menu. I don't want to go crazy cause to much red meat can be hard on the system (but it tastes so ****ing good!).

So here is my question... I hate fish... (well maybe I don't but I am not a huge fan that's for sure).

What is some basic fish recipes that I can make for my diet.

I am just getting tired of chicken. I eat chicken all the ****ing time I feel like. Lol. If beef wasn't an issue, that's all I would eat haha.

I like to cook in bulk and the only time I can remember that I made some fish and actually liked it was wrapping that **** up in aluminum foil, putting lemon juice and other seasoning on it and baked it in the oven.
Why is beef an issue for you? It os a digestive thing?

Akagami

Awards
What about Shrimp?? Seems like it could be a good alternative.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Tilapia in a foil tent with broccoli, sliced onions and garlic, baked in the oven or on the grill, very easy no clean up taste great !

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Why is beef an issue for you? It os a digestive thing?
I can't speak for him, but I know in my case, I feel like it takes forever to digest compared to chicken, turkey and fish. I feel like there is a brick in my stomach so I try to limit red meat for that reason.

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'll only eat wild caught tilapia but, I love Orange roughy, salmon and tuna steaks. I sear it in a pan with coconut oil and lemon pepper normally but sometimes I'll bake it in foil pouches like posted above with some southwest season it garlic and herb or even steak season sometimes.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
I'll only eat wild caught tilapia but, I love Orange roughy, salmon and tuna steaks. I sear it in a pan with coconut oil and lemon pepper normally but sometimes I'll bake it in foil pouches like posted above with some southwest season it garlic and herb or even steak season sometimes.
Yum.

Kingfish steaks, Butterfish, Tuna and Salmon and my preferred :D

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Salmon Cakes Tonight !!

Salmon Cake.JPG

GNO

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I love fish so don't have this problem....

Have you tried sushi? All you can eat sushi is where it's at! Great as a re-feed or cheat!

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
If you have a hard time eating cooked fish I don't think sushi is for you. Lol

Unless you LOVE the sauces.

The monk60

The monk60

Awards
Man I love those salmon cakes. That's a staple where I'm from.
I have trouble with really fishy tasting fish too.
I've been liking flounder lately. It has a lighter and somehow buttery taste.
Of course I always have tuna fish on hand. That kind in olive oil with garlic is good.

Tabascoonall

Tabascoonall

Awards
tilapia is extremely simple to cook, i find that garlic and some more acid seasonings go well with it like lemon. I mean i could have shrimp and cocktail sauce for every meal haha simple and taste amazing