Hypoglycemic

LMuscle

LMuscle

Awards
I'm having hypoglycemic symptoms, and blood tests seem to confirm this. What would you guys suggest I do to keep hypoglycemic symptoms at bay? Any carb solutions or meals I should eat throughout the day? I get super shaky, fatigued, anxious, irritable, heart pounding etc until I eat some type of carb (ie pretzels), really annoying

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I have found coconut oil (1 TBS) in my oatmeal at breakfast help !

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm having hypoglycemic symptoms, and blood tests seem to confirm this. What would you guys suggest I do to keep hypoglycemic symptoms at bay? Any carb solutions or meals I should eat throughout the day? I get super shaky, fatigued, anxious, irritable, heart pounding etc until I eat some type of carb (ie pretzels), really annoying
This is something to discuss with your personal physician. It seems you may have some sort of medical condition. Don't worry though, all the "internet doctors" will clearly respond with their recommendations.

LMuscle

LMuscle

Awards
This is something to discuss with your personal physician. It seems you may have some sort of medical condition. Don't worry though, all the "internet doctors" will clearly respond with their recommendations.
I've got an appointment next week with my doc to discuss it, always welcome info from others though

Yolked

Awards
  • Established
Eat more often??? lol.. well I've always been prone to this as well. I used to like to train first thing in the morning on empty stomach.. Burns up a lot of fat and gets metabolism fired up first thing in the morning. But if workout was little too long or didn't eat right away I would get low blood sugar. Weak dizzy light headed... But I will also have issues if I just don't eat really regularly. Like every 3 hours. I've always had a fast metabolism and just thought it was because of that.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Eat more often??? lol.. well I've always been prone to this as well. I used to like to train first thing in the morning on empty stomach.. Burns up a lot of fat and gets metabolism fired up first thing in the morning. But if workout was little too long or didn't eat right away I would get low blood sugar. Weak dizzy light headed... But I will also have issues if I just don't eat really regularly. I've always had a fast metabolism and just thought it was because of that.
You might try a Tablespoon of Coconut (MCT) oil with your PWO

Yolked

Awards
  • Established
You might try a Tablespoon of Coconut (MCT) oil with your PWO
Yeah I wouldn't even use a preworkout.. sometimes I'd take a caffeine tablet like no-doze.. before energy drinks and don't like coffee. But actually figured out if I'm not trying to cut fat it's really not a good idea because gains actually slowed down and didn't feel as strong.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
This sounds like you need Doctor advice. For some people, they can become hypoglycemic IF they consume a carb heavy meal in which the body over produces insulin - if this is the case, pairing carbohydrates with proteins or fats will reduce the glycemic load and rate of glucose absorption. If this STILL doesn't work, reducing overall carbohydrate intake may be a viable option. as you may have impaired insulin release.

In either case, seeking a Doctor will be your best bet as, at worst case, you may have impaired renal function or other such things.

78SS

Awards
Happens to me all the time too. Got my gf to get me a blood glucose monitor to check. It's not crazy low when it happens sometimes. Kinda weird. I just always carry some kinda protein bar or beef jerky with me or food at my desk. Those glucose tabs diabetics use didn't do **** for me. I actually was worried for a while I was gunna get Diabetes or something. Stupid webmd turned me into a hypochondriac ha. A Dr. Is prob the way to go if you have one.