Tagger's Year Long Ketosis / Low Carb Journey

Tagger

Tagger

Awards
Hey all!

I decided I wanted to do a year long ketosis / low carb diet for a year. I am getting ready for my wedding in June, but I thought, I have never done something for very long (consecutively) lets set the bar high and do it for a year.

Going to be taking starting pics and pics either once a week or once a month (what do you all think?) **** maybe even once a day to do a time lapse.

I will be making a video once a week to log the entire journey so make sure you jump over to my channel and follow along!

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC_Tk1F4vosZalkaet9J3AfQ

Overall my objective will to be a ginny pig for the year.

More information to come. :D

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
In for a tagger log. You gonna post up macros and such?

Tagger

Tagger

Awards
In for a tagger log. You gonna post up macros and such?
Yah man for sure.

Still gotta get a few things lined out but my first video should be this weekend.

Tagger

Tagger

Awards
Well to start off my log, I'll add in a workout:

Flat bench:
135x20
150x15
185x12
205x5x3
225x2x3

Incline Dumbell Bench:

60x15
70x10
80x5x2
100x3

Cable Flys: High
40x8
50x8
60x6

Cable Flys: Low
40x8
50x8
60x6

Bicep Dumbbell Curls: Till Failure

I did perfect form that I leaned from BPak.

Incline Curls (same as above)

Then I played Wallyball with friends for a hour and a half. Great cardio.

What is Wallyball? Check out this video.

http://youtu.be/73g_9a9tieg

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Well to start off my log, I'll add in a workout: Flat bench: 135x20 150x15 185x12 205x5x3 225x2x3 Incline Dumbell Bench: 60x15 70x10 80x5x2 100x3 Cable Flys: High 40x8 50x8 60x6 Cable Flys: Low 40x8 50x8 60x6 Bicep Dumbbell Curls: Till Failure 25 30 35 I did perfect form that I leaned from BPak. Incline Curls (same as above) Then I played Wallyball with friends for a hour and a half. Great cardio. What is Wallyball? Check out this video. http://youtu.be/73g_9a9tieg
holy crap I don't know anyone else that's ever played or even heard of wallyball ha! The gym I lift at is actually a racquetball club with weights in the back so I play occasionally as wel

Jackedjack

Jackedjack

Awards
Got to prototype nutrition and there are two solid products that are a must have if In or going on ketosis. Take a look you will not regret

Tagger

Tagger

Awards
holy crap I don't know anyone else that's ever played or even heard of wallyball ha! The gym I lift at is actually a racquetball club with weights in the back so I play occasionally as wel
Nice! That's awesome. I say Wallyball all the time and people are like what? Lol

Tagger

Tagger

Awards
Got to prototype nutrition and there are two solid products that are a must have if In or going on ketosis. Take a look you will not regret
Thanks man! I will definitely look into it!

Tagger

Tagger

Awards
No gym today...

It went from a normal day to a ahhhhhh fuccckkkkkkiiinnnnggggg shhhiiiiit day.

The fiancés mom said they found some unknown lesions and, it's probably cancer.

Just sucks. My mom passed away when I was 19 from cancer.

It's a bull**** sickness. ****ing retarded sickness actually.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Fck man that's garbage. Sucks getting something like that that there's no way to prevent. Sorry to hear.

Tagger

Tagger

Awards
Fck man that's garbage. Sucks getting something like that that there's no way to prevent. Sorry to hear.
Thanks man.

Yeah I agree. No way to even know how to prevent it is the worst part. It's like gambling.

It sucks because it's like déjà vu all over again.

Tagger

Tagger

Awards
Well I took today off because I didn't think I would be that great of an asset to work today.

I gotta get packed up and ready for drill this weekend.

That means, haircut, shave (ps I'm doing a mustache again this month) pack and get ready for the cold.

Going to be outside when it's cold as fuuuuccckkkkkk this month.

Not sure if I can hit up the gym or not today. Been needing to prep my meals and stuff but haven't had time.

The important part is I got my goals set and I am making it a priority. Small steps right?

Overall this year it's going to be stressful.

Graduating.
Getting married.
The Army.
Now the cancer thing.
Plus my grandpa had a scare.

It's all pretty rough but I know I can do it. It's about getting it done right?

I tell myself all the time to do the right thing and that's what this year is going to be. Getting the right stuff done and doing it right.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I didn't get an invite...

Tagger

Tagger

Awards
Tagger

Tagger

Awards
Starting to already see a change from going towards Ketosis.

Obviously a little more tired, but it looks like my body is shedding that water. Noticed a little change in the mirror but let's face it, that **** happens sometimes lol. You think, damn I'm looking good or (better than normal for you non-conceited folks) and it's just your eyes playing tricks lol.

I do think the carbs keep that water weight and you drop it when you cut the carbs but who knows.

Getting my haircut now for drill, I said **** the mustache because it's been a stressful week.

And to top it off, I am turning 25 this weekend while I do lame **** for the Army lol.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I always drop like 10lb the first week of low carb. water/glycogen mostly but definitely lose a little fat as well.

HokiePride

HokiePride

Awards
  • Established
Good luck to with your goal. I started the year off doing he saner! BTW, I know what wall all is, lol! Played that in Elementary and jt high school.

Tagger

Tagger

Awards
I always drop like 10lb the first week of low carb. water/glycogen mostly but definitely lose a little fat as well.
True that. Keto is the way to go to get competition ready for me. It's how I did it in basic training. I couldn't achieve Ketosis for long periods but I ate as low carb as I could while I was there and had amazing results.

Good luck to with your goal. I started the year off doing he saner! BTW, I know what wall all is, lol! Played that in Elementary and jt high school.
Thanks man! Good luck to your goals as well.

That's funny most people never know lmao.

That's good to hear... Promising. I start Carb Nite tomorrow, hoping my face will tighten up a bit.
I'm sure it will. My goal is mostly to stick with this diet for a year and challenge myself.

Really wanting to learn so much more about myself, life, and fitness.

Tagger

Tagger

Awards
Oh **** yah. Today my bday. The big ole 25.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Tagger

Tagger

Awards
RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I'm late, but happy birthday bro. Gainz are all downhill from here. lol

HokiePride

HokiePride

Awards
  • Established
HBD bro!

Tagger

Tagger

Awards
Just going to take some people in this post to get some more people up in here!

Savage99 MrKleen73 jdg76 Spaniard love2liftkat princevince BoneDaddy bert45 mountainman33 @keepingtheblade buff.girl cbsharpe puccah8808 edje007

I took that from a old log haha.

Anyways.

The weekend sucked dick because of drill! At one point my feet were pretty much frozen because I was sweating a little in the class room before we got on the tanks in the 5 degree weather.

Sunday night was good. I broke out of Ketosis (if I was ever in it lol) when I ate my birthday dinner. Homemade beef enchiladas, homemade cheese dip, the woman's Spanish rice, and guacamole. It was amazing. To top it off I got to have my favorite ice cream cake from Dairy Queen. Check out this beauty!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1421164919.582893.jpg

Yesterday was a hard day, the whole cancer thing with Ashlie's mom was pretty tough. I didn't even go into work and today sucks with it too. I am just trying to stay strong for her because it's about to be really good news or really bad news...

Didn't even workout yesterday. Was to busy moping around lol. Sigh, I have got to get my priorities straight.

Today I'll be going to the gym to grow some chest and some arms, probably will play wallyball and some basketball too.

I'm back on the Keto diet, it's amazing how much you don't crave carbs once you have done this diet for a while and your body starts changing.

Today I have a goal to plan out my diet for the next couple months (macros that is) and get down in the nitty gritty. I also need to make that video for you all!!!

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
DQ CNC ice cream cake is amazing... had it for my going away party a few weeks ago. Never even knew the cnc version existed before that

Tagger

Tagger

Awards
DQ CNC ice cream cake is amazing... had it for my going away party a few weeks ago. Never even knew the cnc version existed before that
Hell yah! They have great cakes. What was your going away for?

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Hell yah! They have great cakes. What was your going away for?
moving from pittsburgh to Atlanta this weekend for a new position

Tagger

Tagger

Awards
Tagger

Tagger

Awards
Look at what I got in the mail!!!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1421192917.970997.jpg

HokiePride

HokiePride

Awards
  • Established
I moved from Va to Pittsburgh for a new position two years ago!

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
Have you considered using keto salts?

Tagger

Tagger

Awards
I moved from Va to Pittsburgh for a new position two years ago!
Nice! If I wasn't getting married and didn't just buy this house I could relocate if I had too.

Tagger

Tagger

Awards
Jackedjack

Jackedjack

Awards
I would definitely be up for trying them. Any recommendations?
PA has them, I believe he is the only one. Dsade was saying that he had an idea with keto salts but Patrick already had licensing

Tagger

Tagger

Awards
PA has them, I believe he is the only one. Dsade was saying that he had an idea with keto salts but Patrick already had licensing
Gotcha. I'll go over there and take a look.

I've never really heard of them honestly.

What's the idea behind them?

Tagger

Tagger

Awards
So today was a pretty good day actually.

Good times at work, works getting done. Workout went well & I'm back on track for my diet!

Diets going to come to a stop on Saturday because it's my birthday celebration. Alcohol and good food!

It's all good though. I am already starting to see a difference in my body comp which is great.

Starting SDMZ 3.0 on Monday!! Mostly going for a recomp / cut and I will have plenty of protein to get some ****ing GAINZZZZ!!!!

Super excited for this ****!

Going to do some food prep on my day off on Monday because of MLK day! Boom!

Abe Lincoln

Abe Lincoln

Awards
  • Established
Interested, I have used keto in the past and just suggested it to a co-worker today.

Tagger

Tagger

Awards
Tagger

Tagger

Awards
Here is a little update as far as projected calories and meals.

Either we (my fiance' and I or her mother) cooks dinner every night so that will be my last meal of the day. The other stuff I am shooting to eat every freaking day. :D

2200 calories -
Protein -50% = 287.5g
Fats -40% = 102g
Carbs -10% = 57.5g

How much of each per week?

Eggs = 3*7= 21 eggs per week.
Cheese = 1/4 cup * 7 = 1 bag every 2 weeks
Cottage Cheese = 1 cup * 7 = 2.5 containers per week

Broccoli = 3 cups per week — I already have a huge bag in my freezer at the moment.

Beef = 16oz (1lb) * 7 = 7 lbs per week
Chicken = 8 oz (.5lb) * 7 = 3.5 lbs per week.

Tagger

Tagger

Awards
Getting ready for those gains!!!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1421793817.421925.jpg

Tagger

Tagger

Awards
Meal prepping. :D

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1421810464.042030.jpg

Abe Lincoln

Abe Lincoln

Awards
  • Established
Got to love meal preps. Next month I'm going to be getting really basic with my diet, so less prep.

Tagger

Tagger

Awards
Got to love meal preps. Next month I'm going to be getting really basic with my diet, so less prep.
I always go less prep. I could eat this **** everyday and love it haha. The is just half of the prep. The rest tomorrow. 8oz of beef in each of those containers.

Abe Lincoln

Abe Lincoln

Awards
  • Established
I always go less prep. I could eat this **** everyday and love it haha. The is just half of the prep. The rest tomorrow. 8oz of beef in each of those containers.
I just get lazy at times for meal prepping. So going to be drinking a good amount of my cals now.

Tagger

Tagger

Awards
I just get lazy at times for meal prepping. So going to be drinking a good amount of my cals now.
Same here. Just got off the "**** it I'm eating it" diet. Lol.