GERD(Acid Reflux) supplements

DerickVonD

DerickVonD

Awards
  • Established
I have been taking prilosec, but I am still having issues. I called the doctor and I get the run around with the nurses. All I get told is "take more". I've tried and it doesn't work. I'm also worried about it preventing nutrient absorption. I know some people have too little acid and can have the same symptoms as too much. I've tried taking vinegar to determine if I have too much, or too little. The apple cider vinegar made it worse, leading me to believe I have too much. I've tried baking soda and that works, but I get a rebound effect. I've tried taking a calcium, magnesium and zinc supplement and I've also tried papaya enzymes. I have yet to try probiotics, or B12(which I heard helps). I've wondering if calcium powder would work. Does anyone have any advice?

fuseven

fuseven

Awards
Get ur throat and stomach scoped. Worst it could be an ulcer, best it could be a hiatal hernia (stomach is forced too high) which is what i deal with. I take lanzoprazole daily, but thats on docs recommendation after getting it checked. If you experience it alot some serious irreversible damage can take place. Its shouldnt be taken lightly, get it checked out

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Did they screen you for H Pylori?