Feeding schedule

Rostam

Rostam

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Hi all,

Which of the following feeding schedule do you prefer and why?

For many years I've been following a schedule more or less like the option 1. Now I’m more tempted to follow option 2 in order to separate my protein intake at least 3h apart to maximize MPS. Isn't it a better option. If protein foods should be separated at least by 3h to maximize MPS then option 2 stimulates protein synthesis 3 times and option 1 only 2 times.
What do you think?

Option 1:
4 hours pre workout = solid food (carbs and protein)
1h pre-workout = protein shake
Intra workout = BCAA (or BCAA + EAA)
0 – 30 minute Post workout= Protein (or protein + carbs)
2h post workout = solid food (carbs and protein)

Option 2:
3 hours pre workout = solid food (carbs and protein)
Intra workout = whey hydolisate + BCAA + carbs
3h post workout = solid food (carbs and protein)

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
Youre splitting hairs with this question, if any one of the options fits in your daily caloric/macronutrient breakdown then one isnt better than the other

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Youre splitting hairs with this question, if any one of the options fits in your daily caloric/macronutrient breakdown then one isnt better than the other
I agree here. Majoring in the minors.

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Eat food and lift. Hit your macros and goal intake. Drop the other **** and watch success happen

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
^^^ This! you dont need to worry so much about your schedule just get your macros everyday and be consistent and results will come.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
The only time the minor stuff makes any difference is if your in the Elite bracket for any sport. In those cases, 1/10th of a second can be all thats between 1st and 3rd and you need the minor detail to guve you tbat edge. otherwise its just insignificant