How do muscles use calories to grow?

QUADMONSTER

QUADMONSTER

Banned
Awards
We all know that muscles need calories to grow.

Someone explain to the board how muscles use calories to build new muscle?

Reason I ask this is , a person who does not lift and sits on their ass and does nothing all day long, well if they were to eat lots of calories they would turn into a fat slob.

But a person who goes to the gym 4-5 times per week on average, well their body uses those extra calories to build new muscle tissue.

Explain how the human body does this.

Piston Honda

Piston Honda

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
We all know that muscles need calories to grow. Someone explain to the board how muscles use calories to build new muscle? Reason I ask this is , a person who does not lift and sits on their ass and does nothing all day long, well if they were to eat lots of calories they would turn into a fat slob. But a person who goes to the gym 4-5 times per week on average, well their body uses those extra calories to build new muscle tissue. Explain how the human body does this.
Let me re teach you 7th grade biology

QUADMONSTER

QUADMONSTER

Banned
Awards
I didn't pass that class so please do. Thank you.

Piston Honda

Piston Honda

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I didn't pass that class so please do. Thank you.
Your posts are at the 6th grade cognitive level, so I'm not surprised. Let your special ed teacher guide you through this unit.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Go buy a physiology textbook. It'll give you something to do besides make garbage threads that take up space.

madripper32

madripper32

Awards
  • Established
Simply put a calorie is a unit of energy (kcal). It takes the body 4 kcal to burn 1gm PRO and Carbs while its take 9 kcal to burn 1 gm of fat.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
A furnace need fuel

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Simply put a calorie is a unit of energy (kcal). It takes the body 4 kcal to burn 1gm PRO and Carbs while its take 9 kcal to burn 1 gm of fat.
Carbs, protein and fat give the body those amounts.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote

Reason I ask this is , a person who does not lift and sits on their ass and does nothing all day long, well if they were to eat lots of calories they would turn into a fat slob.

But a person who goes to the gym 4-5 times per week on average, well their body uses those extra calories to build new muscle tissue.

...protein is used to synthesize muscle tissue..excess calories promotes greater synthesis of tissue...weight training helps make sure that more of that is muscle and less is fat

That is very simplistic and it is far more complex

QUADMONSTER

QUADMONSTER

Banned
Awards
By breaking down the muscle through weight training, when it rebuilds itself it uses calories that would be stored as fat if a person was not lifting weights. The more time you spend in the gym, and the more you eat, the more you grow.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
By breaking down the muscle through weight training, when it rebuilds itself it uses calories that would be stored as fat if a person was not lifting weights. The more time you spend in the gym, and the more you eat, the more you grow.
Wellll not quite. More time in the gym does not equal greater results.

You may find it best to invest in a textbook

QUADMONSTER

QUADMONSTER

Banned
Awards
I understand rest as well is very important. You know what I was trying to say.

Piston Honda

Piston Honda

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Actually we can read your mind. This is what you're currently thinking:

image-1179218249.jpg

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
I meant staying in the gym for 6 hours does not necessarily mean greater gains over someone who programs smart for 60 minutes.

K

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Well Jiigzz, obviously he is much more dedicated than you. Why work smarter when you can work harder.

QUADMONSTER

QUADMONSTER

Banned
Awards
No Jiiggz knows what he is doing if that is him in his avatar. You guys have a wonderful day.

K

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
No, you have a wonderful day. We'll see you in 10 min in the next thread. :)

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Well Jiigzz, obviously he is much more dedicated than you. Why work smarter when you can work harder.
Haha too right ;)

No Jiiggz knows what he is doing if that is him in his avatar. You guys have a wonderful day.
My avi isn't me lol. I'm more of a performance coach than a BBer these days (agility, speed, power and strength).

heybeavis1

heybeavis1

Awards

Spending my childhood sitting my ass watching tv and eating cookies didn´t turn me on a fat slob. I´ve barely moved before birth for NINE friggin months for fck sakes !!
Calories is just a measure, and they´re all subjective. Eating equivalent to 1000 calories from pop-tarts related to the same amount on salmon will affect your body diferently, plain and simple. Maybe it´s time for you to see things "hormonal-wise" (the impact of different calorie intakes on your hormones).
They way you put sounds like a math formula and the body doesn´t work in such fashion.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Progressive exposure to various tensions resulting in an adaptation of increased muscle mass and cross-sectional area due to an increase in size of individual muscle fibers as a result of increased size and amount of contractile proteins. This entire process requires energy which we derive from food (calories)

T

ThaGerGuy3000

Awards
Calories go in, muscle comes out. You can't explain that.