Bulking during the Holidays is such a wonderful thing.

QUADMONSTER

QUADMONSTER

Banned
Awards
Looking forward to Thanksgiving and eating everything in sight. Last year I was cutting at this time so I couldn't enjoy the holiday as much as I wanted to. This year I am bulking at the right time so I will enjoy lots of Turkey, mashed potatoes, and sweet potatoes with the marshmallows on top. Cranberries are delicious too.

What do you guys enjoy on Thanksgiving?

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Pumpkin pie and apple pie thats for sure! I'm also a big stuffing fan! And of course i gotta get my protein in so i load up on tons of turkey and sleep like a baby.

QUADMONSTER

QUADMONSTER

Banned
Awards
I now understand a big reason why people bulk during the winter.

QUADMONSTER

QUADMONSTER

Banned
Awards
Pumpkin pie and apple pie thats for sure! I'm also a big stuffing fan! And of course i gotta get my protein in so i load up on tons of turkey and sleep like a baby.
Oh yeah Pumpkin Pie for sure. Im going to make a Sweet Potato Pie for Thanksgiving also. I am a huge stuffing fan as well.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Oh yeah Pumpkin Pie for sure. Im going to make a Sweet Potato Pie for Thanksgiving also. I am a huge stuffing fan as well.
Sweet potato pie that sounds good! I've never had it before! ha. I'll have to look that one up and try to make it.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Whatever i make because i am the chef, and for christmas :)

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
I'm trying a new approach to dieting/training now. Cut in the winter, lean bulk in the spring/summer. I'm usually out and about enjoying myself FAR more in the summer, so this only makes sense! Plus I don't really believe in all-out bulking anymore. It's completely possible to put on lean mass while staying lean.

I still plan to indulge on Thanksgiving and Christmas. They'll be my refeed/carb-up days haha

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I'm trying a new approach to dieting/training now. Cut in the winter, lean bulk in the spring/summer. I'm usually out and about enjoying myself FAR more in the summer, so this only makes sense! Plus I don't really believe in all-out bulking anymore. It's completely possible to put on lean mass while staying lean.

I still plan to indulge on Thanksgiving and Christmas. They'll be my refeed/carb-up days haha
Anyone who passes 2 days out of the 365 days and thinks you cannot enjoy a food or two does not understand moderation, and must collect paychecks of counting macros.

Everyone should utilize those 2 days as enjoying a meal or two with their family and friends and moving forward.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Anyone who passes 2 days out of the 365 days and thinks you cannot enjoy a food or two does not understand moderation, and must collect paychecks of counting macros.

Everyone should utilize those 2 days as enjoying a meal or two with their family and friends and moving forward.
Completely agree. I enjoy food far more than just on holidays, even during a cut (recomp), during any part of the year or training phase. It's only an issue when it becomes a daily habit and moderation is tossed aside.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote

agreed! If you dont give yourself those days of enjoying food your missing out. Not eatting healthy on holidays is not going to kill you or smash your gains in one day. haha

NickNackPW

NickNackPW

Awards
Thanksgiving through the New Year, definitely the best (and most fun) time to bulk. HO HO HO