Alternatives to soda

Kickstart7

Kickstart7

Awards
I love myself some coca cola, dr pepper, Mountain Dew, you name it I love it! I've cut it out since I'm on cycle but I want to know if you guys have found any good alternatives to these! I'm sure some of you love these as much as me and I'm curious what's out there!

braskibra

braskibra

Awards
Carbonated flavored water, not joking at all.

PumpHouse

PumpHouse

Awards
What part are you trying to avoid?

I drink mostly iced tea since cutting out soda.

Kickstart7

Kickstart7

Awards
Thanks guys! Just trying avoid sugar and some of the preservative chemicals. I like sugar free monster! And carbonated flavored waters good but idk how good or bad these are!

braskibra

braskibra

Awards
Thanks guys! Just trying avoid sugar and some of the preservative chemicals. I like sugar free monster! And carbonated flavored waters good but idk how good or bad these are!
No cals brotha

Abe Lincoln

Abe Lincoln

Awards
  • Established
Rockstar has this zero calories blue raspberry drink that is amazinggggg... I'd replace with my blood if I could.. And some methyl tren as well haha :D

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Get your own carbonation machine and flavor with calorie free stuff. They make cheap ones now for like $15

Abe Lincoln

Abe Lincoln

Awards
  • Established
Get your own carbonation machine and flavor with calorie free stuff. They make cheap ones now for like $15
Actually been curious about those machines.. Just sounds funky to make your own, but kind of cool

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Actually been curious about those machines.. Just sounds funky to make your own, but kind of cool
I dont even like soda so I haven't tried them but I have a buddy who's kid wanted one and they love it. They've used it to make some sweet mixed drinks before too.

gokix811

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Diet soda. They even have some sweetened with Stevia, if you can find them. Also, Powerade Zero, and MIO flavored water.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I like Water & Coffee

Abe Lincoln

Abe Lincoln

Awards
  • Established
Ooh, and green tea as well is amazing :) monster has tea drinks now, they have about 20 calories in them, I find it worth it

blaykeryan

blaykeryan

Awards
Diet soda. They even have some sweetened with Stevia, if you can find them. Also, Powerade Zero, and MIO flavored water.
MIO is awesome..so many flavors...I drink bottle of those a day ha...I drink coke zero everyday...I haven't noticed any negative changes in body composition but I'm not anal like some of these guys because I don't compete ha

Billy R

Billy R

Awards
I drink mainly unsweetened iced tea and water with a little lemon juice in it......

01tj

Awards
I've heard that carbonated beverages slow down the absorption of nutrients. Has anyone else heard that?

Abe Lincoln

Abe Lincoln

Awards
  • Established
Never heard of that.. I know when I drink something carbonated I feel fuller longer..

01tj

Awards
Never heard of that.. I know when I drink something carbonated I feel fuller longer..
I pretty much drink water, coffee, preworkouts and occasionally milk but if I want something different I'll drink Diet Rite. I wish I could remember the guys name but there was a nutritionist at the arnold classic years ago that did a blood test on site and he talked about my nutrition. I know he said that carbonation does some bad stuff

Abe Lincoln

Abe Lincoln

Awards
  • Established
I barely have anything carbonated.. Milk and water are my main liquids. A diet soda on occasion.

CallItKarma

CallItKarma

Awards
Here's what I would do:

My first option would to be make my own soda...(I already do)

You can be ghetto about it too, you don't need to invest in some machine unless you really want to.

I simply purchase carbonated water (jarritos mineral water) and then I add in my own flavoring. Personally, I don't mind the sugar or calories, but I know there are some calorie free flavorings that you could try.

Lately I've been doing vanilla blueberry...it's slammin!

My second option, would be to just get rid of carbonated beverages and go towards tea. Iced tea is refreshing, you have tons of options as far as what to make it from. I'm currently using chaga, reishi and chamomile. You can add lemon/lime to taste, and if you really need a sweetener with no calories, try stevia with it.

There's also agua frescas, which can rack up the calories pretty quick if you aren't careful. But look into Jamaica (hibiscus) and tamarindo (tamarind) those two are delicious, and can be made relatively low-calorie/calorie free.

My final option, would be to find a nice tasting BCAA to sip on when you're thirsty.

JackBox

JackBox

Awards
I gave up soda a while back and used tea (no sugar or anything added) as a replacement, especially green tea. takes a while not having the sweetness, but it tastes pretty good and it's good for you. and of course, black coffee in the earlier half of the day is always good for the caffeine.

Kickstart7

Kickstart7

Awards
Not a about the calories or carbs, I just don't feel it's healthy. The amount of lifting and cardio I do is above normal but idk if it can compensate.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I use to be a really big soda drinker but i started lifting and eatting right and then i subsituted amino acids for my soda and drank a soda with my cheat meal. ha

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Green tea fo sho

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I stopped drinking sodas a long time ago (13 years) and now I drink lemon water all day long. I use to squirt the mio into my water.