Eating the same meals everyday

Abraham67

Abraham67

Awards
Does anyone else do this? I honnestly really enjoy it and have been eating the same meals every day for over a year. Expect for a cheat meal once a week ?

Consists of breakfast

Breakfast:
1& half cup of oatmeal mixed with peanut butter and Nutella
Snack: protein shake
Lunch:whole tub of greek yogurt
After workout: double scoop protein shake
Dinner: 10oz chicken breast, brocoli, Brussels sprouts
Snack: can of tuna
Before bed: casein protein shake

Just wondering if anyone else eats like this? I actually enjoy eating the same foods, so don't drill me for that

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
Yep... same foods everyday... no need to track cals, after a while you memorize them

Abraham67

Abraham67

Awards
Yep... same foods everyday... no need to track cals, after a while you memorize them
so true! A lot of my friends don't understand it and think it's wierd. So it's nice to someone else do the same!

TKC432

TKC432

Awards
  • Established
Same here. Perhaps a little more variety but generally hit the same meals over a 2 day period ..... so week after week after week after week of the same thing. Haven't really had any issues with getting bored or tired of it ..... still tastes good and still getting the appropriate macro's. Some folks need more variety I suppose but IMO its all how you look at why you are eating ..... are you eating for taste and enjoyment first? or are you eating for fuel ? To me food is fuel for to help me get closer to my goals. When I find what works I tend to stick with it.

C

chaser103

Awards
How has eating the same food over a year? Did you lose weight? How many calories are you eating per day?

liftandeat

liftandeat

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Sounds depressing. But cheers for the commitment guys

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Does not look like a whole lot of calories and lacks a lot of fat and carbs... do you normally have a low intake?

W

warrior737

Awards
I could never eat like this. I have tried in the past but never works out., Not enough meat for me. I actually will do a shake after my work out and maybe 1.5 hrs before (If Im gonna go hard). But that is usually it. I definitely eat a ton of **** but my body burns it off ok too. If I ate like that I would feel deprived my man. I like to indulge to say the least. My diet needs substance. Shakes and soft food like that leave me feeling empty. They don't fill me up at all.

goodvibes

goodvibes

Awards
  • Established
To answer the question I can eat similar foods almost everyday and actually enjoy it. On the weekends I do mix it up not because I'm bored but because I go out a lot. It's great if you dnt get sick of eating the same food everyday, keeps everything much simpler to track!

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I eat similar foods, but not the same daily. The oonly thing that stays the same is protein sources and sometimes fats. Carbon sources vary daily for me, except veggies and fruits. I get what's on sale.

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
I usually eat a pound of whatever I cook that morning... when I was eating 1.5g of pro via whole foods I couldnt afford the food cost

Abraham67

Abraham67

Awards
How has eating the same food over a year? Did you lose weight? How many calories are you eating per day?
Here are the results of eating the same foods for over a year. It's close to 1 yr 6 months to be honnest

image-1410446338.jpg

I am roughly eating 2400 cals a day!
Still enjoying it and I don't really plan on stopping!

Jayk57

Jayk57

Awards
I pretty much eat the same thing everyday too. I have a piece of fruit with my lunch and that's about the only thing that actually changes besides for cheat meals

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
During the weekdays I'm 99% the same foods. Weekends I have more time so I can be more creative but frankly I like what I eat. It's been years without change so ya stuck with what you like if it works.

Oscar

Oscar

Awards
  • Established
I pretty much eat the same thing everyday it works for me with my limited budget and helps keep my blood sugar under control

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Here's the kicker, you may look good, which if that's the goal more power to you but it's certainly not the most healthy way to eat. Eating a varied diet is the best way to assure adequate nutrition and prevent imbalances.

I understand this is largely a bodybuilding forum but you can still eat healthy and lift and get results. After a year of the same thing, you should probably switch it up a little

Abraham67

Abraham67

Awards
Here's the kicker, you may look good, which if that's the goal more power to you but it's certainly not the most healthy way to eat. Eating a varied diet is the best way to assure adequate nutrition and prevent imbalances. I understand this is largely a bodybuilding forum but you can still eat healthy and lift and get results. After a year of the same thing, you should probably switch it up a little
What is the reasoning behind this? I'm not being a douche just interested. As once it enters your body food is all the same either carbs protein or fat

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
What is the reasoning behind this? I'm not being a douche just interested. As once it enters your body food is all the same either carbs protein or fat
eating the same foods will limit your vitamin/mineral's you ingest. If you only eat 5-6 foods you are not getting the full benefits of the foods you are not eating
Eating a wider variety of foods and more diverse foods and different food groups = more vitamins/minerals and will not cause mineral deficiencies that you may get from sheltering yourself to X or Y Foods.

That is why eating the same thing everyday is not always the best idea, sure it can work based off calories, but your limiting yourself to lots of vitamins/minerals that you could be eating with your calories.

goodvibes

goodvibes

Awards
  • Established
Amino acid, mineral, vitamin profile, etc. If you eat so much though there should be little concern. Not to mention mostly everyone here takes multis and just a huge array of food varieties even if it's almost identical everyday.

Abraham67

Abraham67

Awards
Amino acid, mineral, vitamin profile, etc. If you eat so much though there should be little concern. Not to mention mostly everyone here takes multis and just a huge array of food varieties even if it's almost identical everyday.
Ya I take a multi, amino acids, and have a cheat meal once a week?

Abraham67

Abraham67

Awards
It's Also so much easier on my grocery budget being in college

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Ya I take a multi, amino acids, and have a cheat meal once a week?
No.. your missing the point.

look at your diet

You eat nothing but chicken, tuna, protein, broccoli, bruseel sprouts, greek yogurt, nutella, and peanut butter.
you eat 8 things. The amount of variet you get as far as micronutrients is very little with your sources you utilize
Even if you are bulking the amounts you eat still does not make you liable to get things yo ucould get from getting more dairy in your diet, getting different carb sources like sweet potatoes (more vitamin A/K/E), different forms of fruits which hold tons of anit-oxidents and various forms of vitamins/minerals

taking a multi does not make you virtually much better or hit all those required levels. even anyone who eats a very vast diet will never achieve all those levels of micronutrients vitamins/minerals.

goodvibes

goodvibes

Awards
  • Established
No.. your missing the point.

look at your diet

You eat nothing but chicken, tuna, protein, broccoli, bruseel sprouts, greek yogurt, nutella, and peanut butter.
you eat 8 things. The amount of variet you get as far as micronutrients is very little with your sources you utilize
Even if you are bulking the amounts you eat still does not make you liable to get things yo ucould get from getting more dairy in your diet, getting different carb sources like sweet potatoes (more vitamin A/K/E), different forms of fruits which hold tons of anit-oxidents and various forms of vitamins/minerals

taking a multi does not make you virtually much better or hit all those required levels. even anyone who eats a very vast diet will never achieve all those levels of micronutrients vitamins/minerals.
You're right but we cnt hit all of our micronutrients and that's why we take multis. Don't get me wrong I'm all for variety, it makes eating fun. I just tend to listen to my body and eat what my body craves.

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Micronutrients

Also, micronutrients are absorbed better when they are supplied via intact food vs supplements.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
You're right but we cnt hit all of our micronutrients and that's why we take multis. Don't get me wrong I'm all for variety, it makes eating fun. I just tend to listen to my body and eat what my body craves.
Craving 6 foods is not always a healthy thing. lol.

goodvibes

goodvibes

Awards
  • Established
It's Also so much easier on my grocery budget being in college
I can totally relate to that. When I was in college money was tight so I had to be creative to get my complete calorie intake. If I can suggest, throw in some more fruits on there. Good luck w/ college bud!

Abraham67

Abraham67

Awards
Haha alright I agree with you guys about micronutrients, but I honnestly feel like I'm in the best shape of my life. I might start to experiment a little, but as I said money is very tight

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Haha alright I agree with you guys about micronutrients, but I honnestly feel like I'm in the best shape of my life. I might start to experiment a little, but as I said money is very tight
Produce is cheap bro! We've all been there on a budget, I get it but it's as easy as picking up the sale items at the grocery store. Plus, I can almost guarantee you have a Trader Joe's around since they usually congregate near schools. Their produce is crazy cheap

damn shame

damn shame

Awards
Amazing transformation, if I can get anywhere near as lean as you I will be the happiest man alive. I have posted my diet here as i am looking to loose a lot more BF but not sure if I am doing it right?

Not sure if I could eat exactly the same thing every day. I do like to have some variety in my meals.

highlander31

highlander31

Awards
  • Established
looking healthy and being healthy at the cellular level are 2 totally different things. I completely agree with the Solution on this one. When you aren't prepping for a contest, you should mix things up, even if it isnt every day or every week. This avoids creating intolerance to foods and changes micronutrient intake. Also, get out of the mindset that carbs are carbs, fat is fat, etc. because it is wayy more complicated than that.

Awesome job though on the discipline my dude youre looking good and made a lifestyle change for the better.

highlander31

highlander31

Awards
  • Established
^ and with being on a budget, it is even easier to mix things up by buying foods that are in season or on super sale that week.

Ristonian

Ristonian

Awards
Does anyone else do this? I honnestly really enjoy it and have been eating the same meals every day for over a year. Expect for a cheat meal once a week ? Consists of breakfast Breakfast: 1& half cup of oatmeal mixed with peanut butter and Nutella Snack: protein shake Lunch:whole tub of greek yogurt After workout: double scoop protein shake Dinner: 10oz chicken breast, brocoli, Brussels sprouts Snack: can of tuna Before bed: casein protein shake Just wondering if anyone else eats like this? I actually enjoy eating the same foods, so don't drill me for that
There is nothing wrong with this. Just don't forget your multi.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I have eaten the same breakfast almost everyday for 30 years!!

Dma378

Dma378

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I eat pretty much the same thing every day week in and week out for breakfast, lunch, and snacks. I have a family so obviously I get variety for dinner 4-5 nights a week. Aside from dinner I eat:

Oatmeal
Bran Flakes
Bananas
Grapes
Granola Bars
Tuna
Chicken
Ground Beef
Ground Turkey
Brown Rice
Broccoli
Carrots
Sweet Potatoes
Eggs
Cheese
Mixed Nuts and Peanut Butter

So 16 items religiously. Enough variety to get a wide variety of nutrients I think. Trying to dial in the macros on a daily basis with mix and matching these items is the new hobby. I have seen greater results in the last 6 months since I started doing this than I did in 10 years of eating whatever. I also came down from borderline obesity. Nothing on my list is expensive. Buy less of 1 thing to buy more of another. It's all the same essentially.

K

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Variety is great, but whatever, that is a great transformation and you should be proud. Now you are here and can expand out your palate a bit and see how it works.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
I like variety but am 100% fine with eating the same

Usually I will keep the same types of meal but just vary the type of meat/veggies/spices included

Omelettes:
Beef/chicken/ham/bacon
+
Red peppers/onions/jalapenos/banana peppers/mushrooms
+
Cajun/mrs dash/black pepper/hot sauce/salsa/cheese

one food, hundreds of options so I never get bored.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Really for me its whether i want a different type of seasoning each week on my chicken. haha. but other than switching maybe a different seasoning or different green veggy i eat pretty much the same stuff day in and day out week to week.

S

simran

Awards
My husband also eating same diet everyday. He has very muscular body. You can also carry with the same diet process if you want a good muscular physics.

Docmattic

Docmattic

Awards
  • Established
Just throw in other veggies with the meals! Cucumber, Baby spinach, zucchini are all easy to throw in. I also like barley grass for a good boost in nutrients.

I eat nearly the same things each day. It works well for me and made comp prep fairly easy when i did it. I didn't have to track my calories. I just came up with the meal plan (I worked out the calories the first time) and ate the same thing every day. I re-adjusted every few weeks. It worked great.