Starting a Gluten Free Diet (Log)

SeanRussell00

Awards
Whats up,

I am starting up a gluten free diet. Not because I hate gluten, but because I love the high fat diet and gluten doesn't exist in that diet so may as well track the effects of losing gluten.

Here to track how I feel throughout not eating any gluten, to see if it does have effects. Withdrawals, etc. Difficulties - Pro's vs Con's.

Start Tomorrow.

This thread is mainly for me to keep a log, but if it helps anyone else then cool. Please do not grill me or lecture me about gluten. Any other tips and diet info is highly appreciated.

Just want to track progress.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
A few words of warning, be prepared for the trolls, detractors, & scientific illiterate parroting their favorite gurus position to be here.

Good luck.

SeanRussell00

Awards
Thanks for the heads up Josh, haha.

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I'm in to hear your experience! I did it in the past for health reasons.

SeanRussell00

Awards
**** man - Is that new?!

I missed the latest ep, and I have never seen that one. I thought I have seen all of them! haha

Well played.

Abe Lincoln

Abe Lincoln

Awards
  • Established
**** man - Is that new?! I missed the latest ep, and I have never seen that one. I thought I have seen all of them! haha Well played.
It is a new episode, last Wednesday it was on and a new one this Wednesday soon. Pretty much it is about a bunch of people eating gluten and their dicks proceed to fly off lol.

SeanRussell00

Awards
Well I know what I'm doing tonight..

SeanRussell00

Awards
Day 1:

I bought a book of amazon: The gluten free diet plan. Should get here this week.

Breakfast: 3 Eggs, black beans, whole avocado

Can not complain about this. It was delicious.

Lunch: Gluten free granola with vanilla almond milk

Dinner: Lentil Soup

So far so good. Not missing bread. Too early to report anything else.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
How did the granola taste in comparison to the stuff with gluten?

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Day 1:

I bought a book of amazon: The gluten free diet plan. Should get here this week.

Breakfast: 3 Eggs, black beans, whole avocado

Can not complain about this. It was delicious.

Lunch: Gluten free granola with vanilla almond milk

Dinner: Lentil Soup

So far so good. Not missing bread. Too early to report anything else.
Total calories?

SeanRussell00

Awards
I don't do calories man.

I'm not trying to get jacked or need to lose weight. I just eat what I want, which is usually healthy organic clean food. I never have a problem with weight.

SeanRussell00

Awards
That south park episode was actually spot on. Those guys never cease to amaze me. There show is ridiculous at times but their message always hits it on the head in ways no one else can.

SeanRussell00

Awards
I also want to ass that I am not going hardcore, "I can't go near anything with Gluten" on this. If I had to eat something with gluten or go hungry I would.

I just find pastries and packs and all that **** so weak. Before doing this I hardly ever ate anything like that anyway. Just a lot of steak, eggs, cheese, nuts, avocado and the occasional cereal or dessert. But I want to get off it naturally, meaning I don't want to want it but not be able to have it. Hard to explain but I am not depriving myself here essentially. That **** is crap, and when I eat good I can eat as much as I want all day and never gain a pound. When I start eating its of breads and cereals the pounds come right back.

Abe Lincoln

Abe Lincoln

Awards
  • Established
That south park episode was actually spot on. Those guys never cease to amaze me. There show is ridiculous at times but their message always hits it on the head in ways no one else can.
Yeah, it seems every few years people start to flip out about something bad in our food, sometimes it is spot on like trans fat is bad for you, but than there was that time where people were saying high protein diets cause cancer. Is gluten evil? Idk. People seem to be living longer and longer while still eating it, but all to their own.

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I don't do calories man. I'm not trying to get jacked or need to lose weight. I just eat what I want, which is usually healthy organic clean food. I never have a problem with weight.
LMAO with this "I don't do calories man"! Being healthy and looking your best is all about exercise AND calories (diet). There are plenty of high carb and high fat "organic" food as well. Without macro goals there is no sense to your original question.

SeanRussell00

Awards
Lol. I don't count calories.

Relax

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
I dont track cals either

SeanRussell00

Awards
Sorry I have been neglecting this thread, going to update soon.

SeanRussell00

Awards
Been about 2 weeks gluten free.

Gotta say I did feel sluggish for the first 1.5 weeks. I don't know if it was down to a withdrawal or what.

I feel good now. Definitely better than I did before energy wise. I think it is easier to eat this way. I have lost a few pounds naturally and I have noticed an increase in stamina when doing cardio.

Just eating eggs, black beans & avocado for breakfast. Chicken salad, or some other type of salad for lunch. Meat and sweet potato and veggies for dinner. Snacking on nuts. More to come in a few weeks.

QuinoaSucks

QuinoaSucks

Awards
I had to stop eating gluten out of medical necessity. That **** was burning out the insides of my intestines until very little was being absorbed.

Withing 4 weeks after completely eliminating gluten I had gained ~20 pounds and was in the best shape I had been in for years.

Anyway, learn to love rice, quinoa(f*** quinoa by the way), beans, meats, veggies and nuts.