AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm just trying to figure out my macros for my upcoming aggressive mini cut for 4-6 weeks. I do not want to drop my carbs unless I really need to. Right now, I'm at 157 pounds. Does protein intake need to be at 1.5g/lb? If I go that route and keep my carbs the same, my fats will be way too low. Could one get away with 1.25 or 1.35g/lb to help hold onto lean mass? I know that protein is a little more important at a deficit than surplus, but I do not want to limit my fat intake to the point of being too low.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I'm just trying to figure out my macros for my upcoming aggressive mini cut for 4-6 weeks. I do not want to drop my carbs unless I really need to. Right now, I'm at 157 pounds. Does protein intake need to be at 1.5g/lb? If I go that route and keep my carbs the same, my fats will be way too low. Could one get away with 1.25 or 1.35g/lb to help hold onto lean mass? I know that protein is a little more important at a deficit than surplus, but I do not want to limit my fat intake to the point of being too low.
If your 157.. then 175-200g will be more than enough. no reason to jump to 1.5 because your "Cutting" meeting protein/fat/fiber minimums are more important than X or Y as far as general recommendations go. Keep your carbs high and continue to utilize them as much as possible. Toss in a refeed/cheat two-three times in the 4/6 weeks and you should be fine to drop an easy 4-5 pounds.

Dont negate your fat intake ever, very important, even tohugh its a short cut you wont relaly reap and health negatives in such a short span of time.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
If your 157.. then 175-200g will be more than enough. no reason to jump to 1.5 because your "Cutting" meeting protein/fat/fiber minimums are more important than X or Y as far as general recommendations go. Keep your carbs high and continue to utilize them as much as possible. Toss in a refeed/cheat two-three times in the 4/6 weeks and you should be fine to drop an easy 4-5 pounds.

Dont negate your fat intake ever, very important, even tohugh its a short cut you wont relaly reap and health negatives in such a short span of time.
Thanks Bob, that's what I figured. Don't think I'll need a refeed since I carb cycle. Right now on my high carb days, two a week, I have 337 grams carbs. That should get me through this mini cut.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
And i agree 100%. Dont stress the minor 4-6 week stance, if it was something like 10-16 weeks maybe a different story.

mj40069

Awards
I would start at 1.5 gram per pound, but if you wanted to keep your carbs up you should be able to drop that to 1 to 1.25. I used to always get 1.5 on my cuts but lately I have been down to 1 gram per pound and I have been able to eat more carbs & fat to keep my energy levels up while reducing BF.