Bulking with limits/stomach problems

KeevKK

Awards
Hey guys
I am new at this site and actually found it by a link on google when I was looking for some ideas for gaining with stomach problems.

Anyway I have some stomach problems. I get very bloated from grains such as rice and wheat. I really want to bulk up and gain muscles but I find it very difficult since I also want to feel good at the same time. Beside that I need an insane amount of calories for my bodyweight. I have no i dea why. Everything has been checked and the doctor and nothing seems to be wrong with me. And I dont have any problems eating a lot of food. Some years ago I found it difficult but now the problem is more the uncomfortable bloating and gas which stops me.

My stats right now are:
20 years old
Around 70 kgs
183cm
I guess around 10% bodyfat. I am what you call an ectomorph.

But I have a very strict diet. I know how to calculate my food and I now consume around 4000 calories a day and I dont get any significant amount of weight. Even though I dont eat that many grains I still manage to eat around 500grams og carbs. The sources are oats, bananas, milk, cereal, and a very little amount of rice. I eat a lot of fat since my stomach cant handle all these carbs. My fat sources are avocado, egg, coconut oil and butter. My fat intake is around 200grams. And my protein intake is the same as my body weight in pounds + some more. I am trying to increase my calories at the moment which is the reason I cant say the exact amount of macros. But I do get atleast 4000 calories a day.

So I do eat a little paleoish with all the fat but again not really.

So my question is if any of you have any experience with succeding in bodybuilding despite different limits because of stomach problems? And if any of you have succeded to gain on a paleo diet?
The thing that also concerns me is all these calories I have to eat. I try to do as little activity as possible. I workout for an hour 4 times a week which I wouldnt not believe to be much. I guess I will just have to continue upping my calories as I am already doing.
But I would like to hear your opinions and views :) And if you think I have let anything out please just tell me to write it.

KeevKK

wray98

wray98

Awards
Hey man,

I would start adding potatoes if possible! Oatmeal for some reason doesn't sit well in my stomach now, I eat rice and potatoes for most of my carb sources now. I will add fruits in there too in the morning and mid afternoon. Usually an apple and banana, occasionally berries post workout for something sweet and rewarding. If you are getting 4000 calories a day you should be gaining some weight, that is not guaranteed though. I would take a look at your training from my guess, what type of program do you do? Are you training intense or are you just going through the movements? Eating that many calories and training intensely 4 times a week should help you put on mass/weight. Sounds like you are doing fine with the fats and you are eating the right fats. What type of protein sources are you eating? Red meat is the best type of protein while trying to bulk in my opinion and if you are not a red meat eater, either become one or look into eating high fat fish instead (salmon).

Spaniard

Spaniard

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Like Wray said if you're having a hard time consuming those specific foods I would avoid them and look into other options. Potatoes would be a great place to start along with possibly some quinoa or legumes. There are a ton of different types of potatoes as well like sweet, red, fingerlings and so on. You could also look into different types of rice such as wild and jasmine

And I hear ya on the calorie intake but not to worry you're young and a fast metabolism is healthy at your age. Now if you start losing a ton of weight out of nowhere there might be reason for concern lol but until then enjoy it while you can and eat a little ice cream every now and then for the rest of us ;)

mj40069

Awards
Potatoes, Bananas, Grits, Cream of Rice/Wheat maybe.

HomeWorkouts

Awards
You also may be eating to much protein. Try reducing to 0.8 grams per pound of bodyweight.