Chicken breast

Abraham67

Abraham67

Awards
What's the most chicken breast you boys have pounded down in one sitting?

Goliath1

Goliath1

Banned
Awards
Lol idk

But I just smashed 2 chicken kabobs with green peppers and 2 steaks, maybe 20oz total and a Plain Bratwurst to, no bun..

With a desert of cycle assist lol

Abraham67

Abraham67

Awards
Lol idk But I just smashed 2 chicken kabobs with green peppers and 2 steaks, maybe 20oz total and a Plain Bratwurst to, no bun.. With a desert of cycle assist lol
Awesome lol! My freezer broke and had about 2.5lbs of chicken that needed cooking up, just smashed it all haha!

smshannon001

smshannon001

Awards
  • Established
I don't have the appetite for that much anymore.
I remember after a football game in high school I would dominate any restaurant!

Currently I could probably only pound 16 oz right now if I didn't have any carbs with it. Would have to throw salsa on it or something though

goodvibes

goodvibes

Awards
  • Established
Lol idk

But I just smashed 2 chicken kabobs with green peppers and 2 steaks, maybe 20oz total and a Plain Bratwurst to, no bun..

With a desert of cycle assist lol
Damn I just had 2 chicken kabobs myself w/ a cup of hummus, salad and some basmati rice. Other than kabobs I prefer dark meat.

I eat approx 3-4 thighs per meal

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I don't eat plain chicken any more lol

Stir frys, sammiches, pastas

Abraham67

Abraham67

Awards
Really? My dinner everynight is Brussels sprouts, brocoli and plain chicken breast cooked on a George Foreman!!

I don't often eat 2.5lbs worth! It was just my freezer broke and I didn't wonna waste it :)

I do agree that dark meat tastes better!

jaycuda

jaycuda

Awards
  • Established
Really? My dinner everynight is Brussels sprouts, brocoli and plain chicken breast cooked on a George Foreman!! I don't often eat 2.5lbs worth! It was just my freezer broke and I didn't wonna waste it :) I do agree that dark meat tastes better!
Foreman grills made my life so much easier

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I see the foreman grill for a slow cooker. Set and do what you need to do

jp_x_type

jp_x_type

Awards
  • Established
I eat just under 3lb (raw weight) breast and 2 drumsticks (without skin and ultra-cleaned) every day in one sitting (I only eat once daily).

I could easily chunk down much more though...

Thta's like over 300g of protein and 1500kcals from the chicken alone, but it really doesn't feel that much at all for me. Chicken is one of the only two things I eat (the other being tons of veg... about 500kcals worth) as a lot of other foods cause trouble to my digestive system.
Seeing great gains though and single digit BF figures....

SChasEE

SChasEE

Awards
I never really tested my limit. The most I ever ate of straight chicken breast in one sitting was 24oz. Not to say I didn't have room for more though haha.

TKC432

TKC432

Awards
  • Established
Never tested my limit in chicken breasts but I have on occasion been known to eat a whole roasted chicken ..... Great post workout meal after a grueling Deadlift session ;)

pyrobatt

pyrobatt

Awards
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • Established
Lime and salsa marinade chicken? 2lbs. That's a **** ton of protein though...

TKC432

TKC432

Awards
  • Established
I would love me a couple thick cut new york steaks right about now ;) Price of beef has gone through the roof in my area so I have been eating more chicken. Been going with boneless/skinless chicken thighs. More flavor and a little cheaper. Costco has 6.5lb bags for $15

jp_x_type

jp_x_type

Awards
  • Established
The fat around the bones makes the aroma and taste of the chicken drumsticks/legs very inviting. It doesn't even taste or seem like meat coming from the same animal. But at the end of the day you either eat to hit your targets or eat to enjoy the food. I'm an animal in this sense as I eat what I need and not necessarily what I enjoy eating. Although I always try to cook my food better to bring out the best of it without toppings and unnecessary nutrients (fat) for my marco goals. After a while eating this clean even water will start tasting delicious...

T-Bone

T-Bone

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The fat around the bones makes the aroma and taste of the chicken drumsticks/legs very inviting. It doesn't even taste or seem like meat coming from the same animal. .
What the hell?. Where are you getting your meat?. Did it fall off the back of the truck?. Maybe your suited better as a vegan.

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Was never a fan of the skin on meat, I will take it off and add extra oil/butter into the meal lol

McCrew530

McCrew530

Awards
Your meat is only as good as the rub you put on it. I have always said that.

jp_x_type

jp_x_type

Awards
  • Established
What the hell?. Where are you getting your meat?. Did it fall off the back of the truck?. Maybe your suited better as a vegan.
hell no! lol
I was just comparing the leg meat with the breast meat. Different taste

Dulce

Dulce

Awards
Was never a fan of the skin on meat,
o_O that's like not enjoying the bbq sauce that drenches ribs! Blasphemy!

um... I have a 8 oz limit on chicken in one sitting. yuck. I can barely force down 4 oz. I hate chicken breast, however I am a lazy cook, so it is a necessary evil.

If we are talking fried chicken... this is an entirely different story haha

TKC432

TKC432

Awards
  • Established
Lately I've been buying the 10lb bag of boneless - skinless chicken thighs from Costco. They're cheaper than breasts .... still hit the protein macro's and taste a lot better than breasts. If you've been living off of chicken breasts for as long as I have its worth it just to get a little more taste. YES ... they are a bit higher in fat but it still fits within my macro's for each day so its working for me. ;)

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Lately I've been buying the 10lb bag of boneless - skinless chicken thighs from Costco. They're cheaper than breasts .... still hit the protein macro's and taste a lot better than breasts. If you've been living off of chicken breasts for as long as I have its worth it just to get a little more taste. YES ... they are a bit higher in fat but it still fits within my macro's for each day so its working for me. ;)
Nothing wrong with boneless skinless thighs, I think the fat content is only 2-3 grams more a serving. Plus, they are much more flavorful. I picked some organic ones up for 1.49/lb last week. I only got those because they were marked down since the sell by date was the next day.

mj40069

Awards
Yeah thighs all the way, I recently converted and the flavor & price is a bonus.

jp_x_type

jp_x_type

Awards
  • Established
Thighs & drums are delicious and so are turkey legs (the huge 2.2lbs ones ar DIRT CHEAP here) but personally 1 or two chicken drumsticks doesn't do it for me as they have so very little meat when you remove the bone and skin, so I'd need at least 12 chicken drums or two 2.2lbs turkey legs to satisfy me LOL. And that would skyrocket the fat content which wouldn't help on a cut.

But for bulking they are great and can help those who low carb as well, they supply a good amount of fat when eaten in decent amounts.

The trick with breasts is to know how to cook them to avoid drying them up from the inside. And having a great sauce to go with them. I'm always on the lookout fo ideas on low calorie sauces to spice up the taste of the breasts so if anyone has any tips or recipes they might wanna share...

buff.girl

buff.girl

Awards
I used to have a whole chicken in one sitting pretty often actually. Would take me longer to pick the fat and skin off than to eat all the chicken. :)

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thighs & drums are delicious and so are turkey legs (the huge 2.2lbs ones ar DIRT CHEAP here) but personally 1 or two chicken drumsticks doesn't do it for me as they have so very little meat when you remove the bone and skin, so I'd need at least 12 chicken drums or two 2.2lbs turkey legs to satisfy me LOL. And that would skyrocket the fat content which wouldn't help on a cut.

But for bulking they are great and can help those who low carb as well, they supply a good amount of fat when eaten in decent amounts.

The trick with breasts is to know how to cook them to avoid drying them up from the inside. And having a great sauce to go with them. I'm always on the lookout fo ideas on low calorie sauces to spice up the taste of the breasts so if anyone has any tips or recipes they might wanna share...
Always cook my chicken breast in slow cooker crew checking in.