Nutrition and Eating Basics - Part 1

Page 2 of 3 First 123 Last

1. So is there truly a thing as eating clean or eating dirty if it all comes down to calories in & out?

2. great thread brother!
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
    [email protected] ons.com
    •   

3. Quote Originally Posted by jgntyce View Post
    great thread brother!
    I agree with that 100%. Great job!
    Hi-Tech Pharmaceuticals Representative✯Use code MARK30 to save 30% on All Hi-Tech Pharma Companies: APS Nutrition, ALRIndustries, LG Sciences, Formutech Nutrition, Iforce Nutrition (MARK25), Innovative Labs

4. Quote Originally Posted by TxAggie View Post
    So is there truly a thing as eating clean or eating dirty if it all comes down to calories in & out?
    That depends on who you ask... In my opinion, the general rule of thumb is to eat a variety of foods to eat "clean" including vegetables and dare i say, fruits as well. The body recognizes macronutrients - fat, protein and carbs not whether you are eating ice cream or a cheeseburger. What it ultimately comes down to is the difference in calorie load in the foods we consume. The main goal and key should be a diet properly moderated with nutrient dense foods and your occasional calorie dense foods as well to maintain sanity.
    The Physique Biochemist
    Biochemistry Major
    Your Physique AND Credentials Should Back Up Your Position

5. That's why this forum is so amazing, you can find all kind of precious informations about your health without even asking. Really a very helpful post, loved it.
    •   

6. Quote Originally Posted by TxAggie View Post
    So is there truly a thing as eating clean or eating dirty if it all comes down to calories in & out?
    If I had to categorize foods, I would go by nutrient density. That doesn't mean the less nutrient dense foods should be avoided, just shouldn't make up a significent amount of your daily food intake.
    PESCIENCE.COM

"The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance." - Socrates

7. Probably need to really look at the full breakdown. Type of fats. Type of carbs i.e. refined sugars etc. And then there is the whole metabolic rate that our own body breaks down the nutrients. A young active guy can get away with eating ice cream and cheeseburgers but the older he gets usually the fatter he will get if he continues to eat that way. As mentioned earlier you should look at the macros of the foods you eat and what you cook them in(olive oil, butter, vegetable oil, etc) it all adds to the total.
    FINAFLEX REP
    Visit our website at finaflex.com
    http://anabolicminds.com/forum/workout-logs/255232-turff49-quest-success.html#post4620379

8. Subbed

9. Quote Originally Posted by turff49 View Post
    Probably need to really look at the full breakdown. Type of fats. Type of carbs i.e. refined sugars etc. And then there is the whole metabolic rate that our own body breaks down the nutrients. A young active guy can get away with eating ice cream and cheeseburgers but the older he gets usually the fatter he will get if he continues to eat that way. As mentioned earlier you should look at the macros of the foods you eat and what you cook them in(olive oil, butter, vegetable oil, etc) it all adds to the total.
    Part 2 will delve into that, it's been a long time coming. I'm finishing up finals but will get one up for sure within the next few weeks before I start online,

10. What an awesome post. I somehow missed this before!

11. Quote Originally Posted by Misfit28 View Post
    What an awesome post. I somehow missed this before!
    Thanks man! Revising a few more paragraphs and two will be out
    The Physique Biochemist
    Biochemistry Major

12. Quote Originally Posted by Misfit28 View Post
    What an awesome post. I somehow missed this before!
    Also, I got your PM about education and will get back to you as soon as they're backup! Just been crazy busy, didn't forget about you!
    The Physique Biochemist
    Biochemistry Major

13. Awesome post. Just getting the wife into nutrition and this helps me explain things way better. Thank you

Btw does anyone have the link to the follow on article for this?

14. Awesome article/post! I hear these questions all the time and you simplified it very well. Very easy to read and understand.
    Joshua Yeary, President & C.E.O.
    **use "yeary20" for 20% off your order**
    Enhanced Body Formulations: enhancedbodyformulations.com

15. Good post and easy to read. Very informative! Thank you

16. I have a question, not sure iam in the right place . Ok so , today was a rest day but i ate my normal amounts of foods . I heard somewhere that what i ate today will effect how well my lifts go tomorrow. Fact or fiction and why?

17. Fiction, unless you believe it.

18. Quote Originally Posted by bighulksmash View Post
    I have a question, not sure iam in the right place . Ok so , today was a rest day but i ate my normal amounts of foods . I heard somewhere that what i ate today will effect how well my lifts go tomorrow. Fact or fiction and why?
    i have found personally that what i eat effects me 2 days later...for example i will look leaner and no bloat at all if i eat clean. this is just me. dunno if its mental or physical but its what i have noticed about my body.

19. Quote Originally Posted by bighulksmash View Post
    I have a question, not sure iam in the right place . Ok so , today was a rest day but i ate my normal amounts of foods . I heard somewhere that what i ate today will effect how well my lifts go tomorrow. Fact or fiction and why?
    Everything is pretty dynamic meaning each component of training and seeing results is dependent upon having everything - diet, training, rest - in order. If you train the day before - your diet matters, if you train that day - your diet matters, the day after is no different, as you are recovering from previous training sessions. Water intake also plays a large role in your training sessions as well
    The Physique Biochemist
    Biochemistry Major

20. Quote Originally Posted by Spaniard View Post
    Everything is pretty dynamic meaning each component of training and seeing results is dependent upon having everything - diet, training, rest - in order. If you train the day before your diet matters, if you train that day, your diet matters, the day after is no different. Water intake also plays a large role in your training sessions as well
    Thanks i never understood why people would say that its independently focused day by day . Id much rather follow a plan on a daily basis and not worry about it . If i eat good and train hard and sleep well , i should get huge

21. Great Post Really very informative.....

22. Quote Originally Posted by bighulksmash View Post
    Thanks i never understood why people would say that its independently focused day by day . Id much rather follow a plan on a daily basis and not worry about it . If i eat good and train hard and sleep well , i should get huge
    A lot of people focus on the really minute details that really make very very very little difference in the real world vs a clinical setting. Don't get caught up in the bull ****. I think I started posting here and a few other boards about 6 years ago and ended getting sucked into the forum OCD syndrome.

If you want results, real world results and want to be able to actually look good lift weights, eat, and sleep and avoid obsessing over the minor details. Adding mass is easy, looking great is easy, not stage ready but walking around with your shirt off and feeling great is EASY. Don't over complicate it.
    The Physique Biochemist
    Biochemistry Major

23. Quote Originally Posted by Spaniard View Post
    A lot of people focus on the really minute details that really make very very very little difference in the real world vs a clinical setting. Don't get caught up in the bull ****. I think I started posting here and a few other boards about 6 years ago and ended getting sucked into the forum OCD syndrome.

If you want results, real world results and want to be able to actually look good lift weights, eat, and sleep and avoid obsessing over the minor details. Adding mass is easy, looking great is easy, not stage ready but walking around with your shirt off and feeling great is EASY. Don't over complicate it.
    Thats probably the single best piece of advice I've ever received! THANKS!!

24. 🏻

25. Quote Originally Posted by Spaniard View Post

This! All most people need to do is a minor cut back in carbs and some additional cardio. Sometimes cals can stay the same, just hammer out 25min of HIIT at some point in the day
    Serious Nutrition Solutions Representative
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. Back to the Basics: Part 3 Roles of Protein and Protein Metabolism
    By Dwight Schrute in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-26-2004, 05:28 AM
  2. Back to the Basics: Part 2 Protein Digestion and Synthesis
    By Dwight Schrute in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 08-14-2004, 03:00 PM
  3. Back to the Basics: Part 2 Protein Digestion and Synthesis