Meal Prep For 2-Day Plane Trip

1 More Repp

1 More Repp

Awards
Hi all,

I'm doing some traveling this week and have a few questions about what to bring while traveling.

I'll be flying in Thursday morning and returning Friday night so I will need 2 entire days worth of meals. Have you ever had problems getting them on a flight? It will only be 2 hours so they won't spoil, but I don't want them to get confiscated by security. Here's what I was thinking for meals (same each day).

Breakfast:
10oz. FF Greek Yogurt (167)
2/3c. Almond Milk Unsweetened (20)
60g. Bob's Red Mill Steel Cut Oats (210)

Lunch
6oz. Chicken (180)
2c. Path of Life Quinoa and Kale With Garlic, Olive Oil, and Sea Salt (Frozen) (300)
180g. Green Beans (60)

Post-workout
1 Scoop Costco Whey (140)
Quest Bar Chocolate PB (160)

Dinner
6oz. Chicken (180)
6oz. Carbmaster Yogurt (60)
250g. Sweet Potato (225)
200g. Asparagus (40)

Snack
1 Scoop Costco Whey (140)
1 Slice Ezekiel Sesame (80)
.5tbsp. Natural PB (45)
Carbmaster Yogurt (60)

Totals
2,087 calories
243g carbs
42g fat
229g protein

Any input on easier meals to prep or the best way to travel would be appreciated!

Thanks

1 More Repp

1 More Repp

Awards
Meal Prep.JPG

No replies but here's the finished product minus breakfast

hewhoisripped

hewhoisripped

Awards
  • Established
Be careful. Gelly stuff counts as liquid = nono on plane. Yogurt for example isn't getting through. One good option is to prep perishables for the first couple hours, then go with non-perishables. You can rely on ketchup and mustard to be available on the plane or in the airport (where you may even get bbq and ****).

veaderko

veaderko

Awards
The crappy thing is a lot of food isnt allowed on a plane. I got a lot of things taken from me when I was traveling. One thing they didnt take was any of my powders and whole protein and carb sources. I took Mass Gainz like crazy to make sure I was gettign what I needed while flying. I know powders are not as good as food, but it works.

hewhoisripped

hewhoisripped

Awards
  • Established
The crappy thing is a lot of food isnt allowed on a plane. I got a lot of things taken from me when I was traveling. One thing they didnt take was any of my powders and whole protein and carb sources. I took Mass Gainz like crazy to make sure I was gettign what I needed while flying. I know powders are not as good as food, but it works.
Yeah anything wet is iffy. I've gotten through with chicken breasts, cold cuts, cheese, but YMMV

1 More Repp

1 More Repp

Awards
Got through just fine and the trip went well! Thanks for the replies. Only thing I had trouble with was my gelly ice bags on the way through security when they were no longer frozen.