Can't sleep well without sex or masturbation

JeremyNG25

JeremyNG25

Awards
  • Established
Anyone else have this problem? Day 1 without it I'm fine but day 2 and 3 I start getting very edgy and find it impossible to get too sleep. I'm trying to figure out why this is. It's almost to the point I feel like I could go days without sleeping

Ristonian

Ristonian

Awards
Stop lusting and it will go away. Don't give in on day 2 and 3. The devil is just putting pressure on you. Get over the hill and shed off the shame. Step up.

Piston Honda

Piston Honda

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Stop lusting and it will go away. Don't give in on day 2 and 3. The devil is just putting pressure on you. Get over the hill and shed off the shame. Step up.
"Just say no"...always works...

Taper down your tallywhacking lol. Think physiologically. Orgasms create a huge release of endorphins, serotonin, dopamine, etc. You're addicted to the "high" from the release of these things. This might explain your somewhat compulsive need to masturbate and your difficulty in sleeping according to a normal pattern.

P

ProfHotTub

Awards
This is actually a common problem. You just created a habit that adds to your sleep ritual. For some it's having a night light, fan/tv on, reading a book, etc. Just get through a couple nights realizing you don't need it to fall asleep and it will pass.

JeremyNG25

JeremyNG25

Awards
  • Established
Ok so I understand cutting out the masturbation but what about the sex? Isn't that ok to do daily? I thought it was good for your health.

Gutterpump

Gutterpump

Banned
Awards
  • Established
Nothing wrong with daily sex man. If you can get it daily, why complain about that?

I mean, if I have a girl sleeping next to me, and we didn't have sex, then I can't sleep either - and I can see how this is a problem.

I'm pretty much the same way at night though. And it has nothing to do with being lustful or the devil.. lol at that comment. It just makes it easier to sleep. Daytime masturbation sessions are more about lust / habit / addiction to endorphins, etc than anything else.

In all honesty though, if you want to be able to sleep without masturbating, you need to practice relaxation techniques and how to clear the mind, and have better sleep hygiene.

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Not sure what the problem is? Are you worried about carple tunnel or jacker"s cramp?

Unless you are doing it in weird situations or something, who cares, throw one over the thumb and go to bed!

Oscar

Oscar

Awards
  • Established
Thought everyone cranked one out when sex wasn't an option.

reps4jesus

reps4jesus

Awards
Have sex

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Not sure what the problem is? Are you worried about carple tunnel or jacker"s cramp? Unless you are doing it in weird situations or something, who cares, throw one over the thumb and go to bed!

Omg!!!! Jacker's cramp!!!! Hahahahahahaahahahah

Girls are the same. We can't fall asleep without it and it gives us a great energy boost in the am.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I always sleep better after sex !!

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
OP hasn't responded for a while. I assume he went blind and can't see screen. lmao

Blergs

Blergs

Awards
  • Established
Ok so I understand cutting out the masturbation but what about the sex? Isn't that ok to do daily? I thought it was good for your health.
I think both are IMO....

H

hailey

Awards
There's nothing wrong with using masturbation as a way to fall asleep; be it when you're 14 or 24. As someone else has pointed out, be aware that it doesn't become a habit you find hard to break out of doing. The subconscious mind is very powerful, and will use whatever we feed it from your thoughts and feelings and beliefs to create your reality.

So if you have the idea - for example - that an energy drink will give you a buzz and boost your health, it'll do just that. However, as tests have shown, so does fake drinks when people are told they are energy drinks. In other words, your beliefs create your reality. IF you feel you cannot sleep without masturbating first, it becomes like a drug; you always have to have that hit in order to function. Instead of just pleasuring yourself for fun, then relaxing your mind, and going to sleep at ease. Waking refreshed in the morning or tired has to do with your body renewing itself overnight, healing, repairing and the myriad of other chores it does whilst you sleep. Not a w*ank session.