Meal Prep and Macro Question

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I am planning meal preps for me and my girlfriend, I am cutting and she is just trying to lose weight, she's not doing any weight lifting just running. I am afraid the grams of fat I came up for us might be too low. She is about 5'5" and weighs 125 pounds. Her macros are 1,791 calories, 150 grams protein, 166 grams carbs, and 51 grams fat. I am about 190 pounds and 6'1" my macros calculated to 2,211 calories, 217 grams protein, 180 grams carbs, and 61 grams fat. I am thinking of cutting both our carbs down and adding more fat, but keeping the calories the same. I lift weights 4 to 5 times a week and don't really do cardio. I can post each meal if it will help you guys.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Theybare fine. She orolly doesnt need that much protein but overall theyvare fine. Give them a try and adjust as you go.

EWolfe08

EWolfe08

Awards
I think what you have originally planed is fine. I typically get 40-60 grams of fat per day during maintenance or cutting phase.

Levyii

Levyii

Awards
  • Established
From a female's perspective she should be fine. I am 5'1 at 120lbs right now leaning down to 115. I lift 4x a week though. My macros have me at 1220 for the day and I try not to eat any carbs unless they come from vegetables but that's specific to me as I do really well on no grains or rice or anything like that. try what you have for two weeks and if there is no change in her, then adjust the numbers. Start maybe first by dropping 100-200 calories from what you have now. If all she is doing is cardio though, she might lose some muscle mass so the numbers on the scale will reflect that as well. Just something to keep in mind.