Elbow pain relief?

spirall08

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
At the point of desperation.

What started off as just my right elbow has now become a problem in both. Seems like pretty bad tendonitis. Hurts me in the center (where the tricep and elbow meet) as well as the inner part of the elbow.

I've tried so many remedies, and the pain is still there.

-Rest: I've taken a month off, and on a couple of different occasions a week or two off
-Supps: Joint complex (Glucosamine, Chondhrotin, MSM), Fish Oils, and a toplical spray called Joint Force.
-I've tried icing it on a regular basis
-Switched the workout - Tried lightening the weights and sets when doing chest and tris to reduce the strain on my elbows.
-Tommie Copper - Purchased the elbow sleeve and wore it for a while

So I'm throwing this out as a hail mary to see if there's anything else - whether its a supp or what not, to see if someone has any thoughts or ideas for me to try.

Thanks in advance!

NattyForLife

NattyForLife

Awards
At the point of desperation. What started off as just my right elbow has now become a problem in both. Seems like pretty bad tendonitis. Hurts me in the center (where the tricep and elbow meet) as well as the inner part of the elbow. I've tried so many remedies, and the pain is still there. -Rest: I've taken a month off, and on a couple of different occasions a week or two off -Supps: Joint complex (Glucosamine, Chondhrotin, MSM), Fish Oils, and a toplical spray called Joint Force. -I've tried icing it on a regular basis -Switched the workout - Tried lightening the weights and sets when doing chest and tris to reduce the strain on my elbows. -Tommie Copper - Purchased the elbow sleeve and wore it for a while So I'm throwing this out as a hail mary to see if there's anything else - whether its a supp or what not, to see if someone has any thoughts or ideas for me to try. Thanks in advance!
You have pain when extending your wrist or flexing your wrist?

Sowarmas

Awards
hi,
I was having the same problem!! was resolved by acupuncture...nothing else...

SALAM

hewhoisripped

hewhoisripped

Awards
  • Established
Antaeus Achilles. Otherwise MRI

spirall08

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You have pain when extending your wrist or flexing your wrist?
If I had to pick, I'd say there's some pain when flexing my wrist inward.

If I extend my wrist (as in pulling the back of my hand upward), that doesn't cause any pain in the elbow at all.

spirall08

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
hi,
I was having the same problem!! was resolved by acupuncture...nothing else...

SALAM

Good to know. This could get expensive, but I'm reaching the point of desperation. How long were you going for sessions before feeling better?

Antaeus Achilles. Otherwise MRI
Thanks. Will look into this.

Also, anyone every hear of the joint supp called UC-II?
Been coming across it in some of my searches and wanted to get some feedback on it.

NattyForLife

NattyForLife

Awards
If I had to pick, I'd say there's some pain when flexing my wrist inward. If I extend my wrist (as in pulling the back of my hand upward), that doesn't cause any pain in the elbow at all.
You have a muscle imbalance! Quit doing wrist flexion exercises and start incorporating some wrist extension ex!

Edit: seems like you have golfers elbow (medical term is medial epicondylitis). Just google how to treat and your on your way to recovery.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
First, there's likely junk up in your upper back that needs to be broken up. Most elbow pain stems from adhesions in the traps and RC region. Second, start using a false grip whenever possible along with implementing some training with Fat Gripz or something similar.

veaderko

veaderko

Awards
First, there's likely junk up in your upper back that needs to be broken up. Most elbow pain stems from adhesions in the traps and RC region. Second, start using a false grip whenever possible along with implementing some training with Fat Gripz or something similar.
^^This!

I make regular appointments with my physical therapist.

I also use Fat Gripz, Fish Oil, and Joint Help. All of which over times helped because I refused to stop training.

spirall08

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
^^This!

I make regular appointments with my physical therapist.

I also use Fat Gripz, Fish Oil, and Joint Help. All of which over times helped because I refused to stop training.

How can I resolve this? Deep tissue massage?
I'll look more into the Fat Gripz. Does a wider grip reduce stress on the elbow? Obviously I'm assuming you wouldn't be able to lift as much.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
How can I resolve this? Deep tissue massage? I'll look more into the Fat Gripz. Does a wider grip reduce stress on the elbow? Obviously I'm assuming you wouldn't be able to lift as much.
Foam roller for starters. A massage helps in the short term, but you need upkeep. I don't think a wider grip will have any effect on the elbow.

NattyForLife

NattyForLife

Awards
How can I resolve this? Deep tissue massage? I'll look more into the Fat Gripz. Does a wider grip reduce stress on the elbow? Obviously I'm assuming you wouldn't be able to lift as much.
Bruh, you have medial epicondylitis! Common term is golfers elbow, its the opposite of tennis elbow! Google how to treat and go from there!

spirall08

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Bruh, you have medial epicondylitis! Common term is golfers elbow, its the opposite of tennis elbow! Google how to treat and go from there!
I will for sure man. In the meantime I wanna see if there are any supps or other things I can do (foam roller, massage, etc) to help expedite the process.

At the end of the day, just like veaderko stated, none of us want to have to 'stop training' for an extended period of time.

dkgreene88

dkgreene88

Awards
  • Established
Joint Help and a mint infused fish oil for joint pain. My elbow was dried out and creaking with every moment. Within 2 weeks it was back to normal!

kjetil1234

kjetil1234

Awards
Ok mate. Sounds familiar. What you want to do is stretch and triggerpointmassage your triceps (all three heads) and your forearm flexors, especially the medial side. This should definitely fix the problem if nothing is damaged. MSM and what you mentioned are also great products for cartilage health but won't fix inflammation due to tightness.

wasme

wasme

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
For the longest time, preacher curls aggravated my tennis elbow. Stopped doing them for about 6 months and it cleared up.

JackBox

JackBox

Awards
I suffered from the same thing for about 12 weeks. Tried resting, icing, etc. Finally someone recommended taking cissus quadrangular extract. I googled and found a supplement called Elbow Revive that has cissus and glucosamine/msm/chondroitin -- made especially for elbow tendonitis/tendonosis. After a bottle, which lasted about a month, I was back in the gym doing everything but tricep extensions and heavy presses. Definitely worth checking it out.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Injury / Rehab 3
CorpKiller Nutrition / Health 6
u_e_s_i Training Forum 11
bdavid Natural Bodybuilding 16
BRUstrong Supplements 10