Losing fat and Building Muscle at the same time ?

1. Registered User
    Stats
    5'6"  234 lbs.
    Answers

Losing fat and Building Muscle at the same time ?

Is it possible to lose body fat while building muscle ? How do you do it ?

2. Registered User
    Stats
    5'11"  160 lbs.
    Answers

Eat at maintenance, lift heavy, and throw in a little cardio now and then. Assuming you don't have a ton of lifting experience, I'm sure you'll see great results,
  3. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  160 lbs.
    Answers

Depends on how long you've been training for. Noobs can do it. Vets might with good genetics or aas/phs.

The only diet that will rip the fat off and help you gain some muscle is UD 2.0.
    •   

4. Registered User
    Stats
    5'1"  121 lbs.
    Answers

As a female this was something I started doing when I was trying to lose weight. I wanted it all at once and brought my calories below maintenance and lifted heavy. I'm sort of still doing that. I do quite a bit of cardio unless it's a leg day, after my workouts. Lately it has been mostly HIIT to cut down on time. The trick is sticking with it. The body fat will come off slower and the muscle will build slower. Ideally one would choose between the two, but it can be done.
  5. Registered User
    Answers

do hard.take a supplement
  6. Registered User
    Stats
    6'3"  225 lbs.
    Answers

If you're new to lifting I would suggest eating above maintenance so that you can fully take advantage of the potential you have when you begin lifting. When I started in highschool I dropped my BF a couple of points in a month while maintaining a high calorie diet. What I wouldn't give to be able to do that now.
  7. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  170 lbs.
    Answers

Its doable and varies from person to person on which is best. Usually a combination of Carb cycling with a higher fat intake in AM. Keep carbs before and after workout. Many find a combination of heavy and explosive lift mixed with HIIT training do the trick. Stay away from long drawn out steady state cardio...too catibolic at times. Also shirt rest times between sets....look up recomp workouts. Coach Poliquin has a few.
  8. Registered User
    Stats
    6'5"  241 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Jrpowerlifter View Post
    Is it possible to lose body fat while building muscle ? How do you do it ?
    With calorie, carb and fat diet manipulation, periodization, and the right supplementation it is very possible but very difficult. Almost anal on the nutritional side.

However....I feel for people who wish to do this ....they must do 1 to 3 successful Cutts and bulks. Only to get to know their body.

I also feel for 98% of people are better off with the standard cycling of bulk and cut. Better progress.
    Representative of Chaos and Pain, LLC
    https://www.facebook.com/ChaosAndPain Like us on facebook!
    http://www.chaosandpain.com/
  9. Registered User
    Stats
    6'0"  195 lbs.
    Answers

I'm a fan of carb back-loading for this. Eat ultra-low carb (less than 30 g) during the day, with moderate (healthy) fats and protein. Train around 5 pm or so, then eat til I go to bed, carbs included. Keeps you burning fat all through the day while still allowing you to refill glycogen stores for the following days workout and meeting your macro req's for adding mass.
  10. Registered User
    Stats
    5'9"  160 lbs.
    Answers

Quote Originally Posted by JackBox View Post
    I'm a fan of carb back-loading for this. Eat ultra-low carb (less than 30 g) during the day, with moderate (healthy) fats and protein. Train around 5 pm or so, then eat til I go to bed, carbs included. Keeps you burning fat all through the day while still allowing you to refill glycogen stores for the following days workout and meeting your macro req's for adding mass.
    It'll only take you so far. Plus your workouts should be depletion-oriented and full body to make the most of glut4 in skeletal muscle.

Kiefer is an idiot and his book is idiotic, vague and based off two studies. You're much better off reading Lyle McDonald's work.
  11. Registered User
    Stats
    5'10"  201 lbs.
    Answers

I prefer body opus but UD2 is a great option.
    OP I recommend eating at maint and adding some thing similar to IFNs thermoxyn, its has a lot of good stuff that will aid in recomping your body.
    of course there are a lot of options avaible but thermoxyn has a lot to offer including forskolin
    FINAFLEX forum rep
    visit our website at finaflex.com
  12. Registered User
    Stats
    5'6"  170 lbs.
    Answers

Maybe, but it's not going to be the most efficient way to reach the same endpoint.
    Antaeus Labs Rep
  13. Registered User
    Stats
    6'1"  215 lbs.
    Answers

Easier to do one or the other. Though, over a long period of time IMO it can be acheived.
    1st you need to know your body well enough to know how much to eat just to maintain a level of body fat your a happy with and muscle. Than I would eat 100-200 over that to start with.
    2nd you will want to incorporate either LISS fasted cardio, or HIIT after your workouts. I prefer HIIT due to time and I find I get a hell of a leg burn out feeling as I only do it on leg days.
    3rd you will need the right supplementation. Whey Protein, a good thermo you can cycle on and off of like thermoxyn, creatine, beta-alanine ect..
    4th you will have to be anal about watching your body, taking progress pictures, and measurements to make sure you are on the right track. Once you feel you are on the right track, than you dont need to be as anal.
    iForce Nutrition Anabolics Minion Member
    iTrain. iCompete. iDominate
    iForce Nutrition -www.iForceNutrition.com
  •   

Similar Forum Threads

1. how to burn fat and gain lean muscle at the same time
    By tony224 in forum Natural Bodybuilding
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 02-11-2013, 12:09 PM
  2. Replies: 13
    Last Post: 04-03-2010, 10:41 AM
  3. You will Hate me and Love me at the same time!
    By Guest in forum Nutraplanet
    Replies: 155
    Last Post: 05-30-2009, 02:43 AM
  4. Gaba and Dostinex (Cabergoline) at the same time??
    By hardestgainer in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 11-12-2006, 12:28 AM