For the sake of Science!

Tagger

Tagger

Awards
I am going to try something out.

I am going to do one 100g, 125g, or 150g protein shake in the morning.

And then eat what ever I want (under my maintenance of course) and still see what I can do (only shooting for about 8%)

CT3

CT3

Awards
  • Established
What do you mean "still see what you can do"?

Tagger

Tagger

Awards
What do you mean "still see what you can do"?
Sorry,

Going to see how muscular I can get and shed fat.

Everyone debates getting protein from Shakes versus Food...

So I'll try the protein route and see what the fuark happens.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
What I would do is first, maintain your weight and record calorie intake and well as macronutrient intake. Then I will maintain the same diet but replace half my protein calories with portein powder. So if I was eating 220g protein from chicken I would then eat 110g protein from chicken and get 110g from whey. Or you can just do 220g from whey. The most important thing to to maintain everything else such as food intake, workout intensity, etc

Tagger

Tagger

Awards
What I would do is first, maintain your weight and record calorie intake and well as macronutrient intake. Then I will maintain the same diet but replace half my protein calories with portein powder. So if I was eating 220g protein from chicken I would then eat 110g protein from chicken and get 110g from whey. Or you can just do 220g from whey. The most important thing to to maintain everything else such as food intake, workout intensity, etc
Oh yah, of course! Will be taking a IIFYM approach because I have to leave for the Military for 3 months soon.

It's going to be a ****ed up, non note worthy experiment. Lol.

Young Gotti

Young Gotti

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
i believe a few years back i read mr kleen say he replaced a good portion of his protein with powder for awhile and noticed zero difference in phsyqiue

Tagger

Tagger

Awards
i believe a few years back i read mr kleen say he replaced a good portion of his protein with powder for awhile and noticed zero difference in phsyqiue
Great. I am thinking I will see the same results.

Going for 150g of protein per shake and will run it during my -300 cut.

:D

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Great. I am thinking I will see the same results. Going for 150g of protein per shake and will run it during my -300 cut. :D
I would still split the shake up into several shakes through the day as opposed to one huge one. I cant imagine the bloat from a 150 g protein shake

Tagger

Tagger

Awards
I would still split the shake up into several shakes through the day as opposed to one huge one. I cant imagine the bloat from a 150 g protein shake
I am about to feel it's wrath for lunch. I was thinking I'd start them in the morning and pound out a **** load of protein and then just eat meats and stuff the rest of the day.

Tagger

Tagger

Awards
I should also add, no milk will be involved cause milk makes me really gassy.

Tagger

Tagger

Awards
You and these GI problems.... Lol. Milk gives me the absolute most horrific has ever!
Yah it's weird how some things do and some things don't. I just took my protein shake. Will let you know how that portion goes down today lol.

Tagger

Tagger

Awards
The deed has been done (well about 3) hours ago.

Man I could go for a nap right now. I feel like me and wife need a bigger bed. I feel cramped on it and I can't sleep well.

Tagger

Tagger

Awards
Mother ****ing tired now guys... ****. Gotta get amped up for my gym workout.

HTGduck

HTGduck

Awards
  • Established
I've read from one or two articles that your body can only digest up to around 50 grams of protein per sitting. I don't know if that's factual or not though

JXiiXViii

JXiiXViii

Awards
  • Established
I've read from one or two articles that your body can only digest up to around 50 grams of protein per sitting. I don't know if that's factual or not though
It's not. That's a common myth (usually I hear people say it's around 30-35g or so though).

That's where the "you gotta eat 6-8 meals per day" crap comes from too.

Tagger

Tagger

Awards
It's not. That's a common myth (usually I hear people say it's around 30-35g or so though).

That's where the "you gotta eat 6-8 meals per day" crap comes from too.
Yah I thought the protein intake thing bunk.

Good to know for sure.

Thanks.

JXiiXViii

JXiiXViii

Awards
  • Established
Yah I thought the protein intake thing bunk.

Good to know for sure.

Thanks.
Yeah I think the only issue one might run into by consuming a giant serving of protein at once (especially if it were from shakes) is bloating.

The body is much more complex than that and isn't gonna be like "whoa now, you just gave me 75g of protein and even though I could totally use it to rebuild muscle tissue, organs, skin, hair, and nails, I'm only going to use 35g of it and **** out the rest."

If you look at the people who do intermittent fasting for example, a lot of them pound giant meals of 100g of protein and 200g of carbs at once when their feeding period starts and they are fine.

I occasionally do 100g protein meals myself where I'll get around 50g from half a pound of meat and the other 50 in a shake and my only issue is I feel full as **** for a while afterwards.

Tagger

Tagger

Awards
I have split my shakes into two. And they are significantly less now because I am in Mississippi for 3 weeks.