Digestive problems persisting

Zekdawg

Awards
So basically, suffering from Bloating (not really any gas) just discomfort, and constipation. Im having bowel movements but they are really lacking.

So little back story. Ive been bloating for quite some time. I've supplemented with fiber and probiotics. Im currently bulking and the amount of food probably accounts for some of it, but not this much. Its getting ridiculous. Ive been to medical and they referred me off base to get an ultrasound and everything is coming out fine. Im eating around 3200 calories a day with around 35-40g of fiber.

My whole weight lifting experience I've thought that my bulks were going badly because i would balloon up so ive never stuck to a plan for too long (6 months or so is the longest). Well last week i measured myself around 7-8 % bodyfat (just finished a cut) Now when i look in the mirror it looks like im 13-15%. Ive used cleanses and stool softeners. Not real sure what else i could do. Oh also i dont have celiacs and im not intolerant to dairy, aside from too much cheese ****ing me up. Very rarely do i cheat or eat "bad foods." I attempted to cut out carbonated drinks and that wasnt the problem because after about a month it was still happening. Anybody have a similar problem or heard of it? holistic or medical im open to anything.

Thanks

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards
Digestive enzymes
Lots of fluids
Possibly try Apple cider vinegar/Betaine HCl

Limit gas-producing produce
Try keeping sugars low, sucrose or fructose, and stick to cleaner complex carbs

EWolfe08

EWolfe08

Awards
What Driven suggested. I would also try different foods. For example oatmeal as your carb source, ONLY oatmeal, to test it. Then RICE another day, etc. Personally I don't get bloating unless I over eat and drink to an extreme, but I've heard of other competitors noticing it with certain foods, even thought they aren't allergic or anything that severe, some foods you may be more sensitive too. Try limiting your foods and try and nail down certain ones that work or don't work, for you.

And if it's that big of a problem CUT DOWN YOUR CALORIES, you don't need to be "bulking" to gain muscle mass, you can slightly increase food intake and get results without the fat gain and perhaps without the other issues that come with too much food (for your body).

Zekdawg

Awards
OK I'll give that a shot, I'm not just eating whatever. I'm pretty good about making sure I'm only above 10-15% over maintenance, but I do eat a wide array of foods so I'll try to do one thing one day another the other. That's sounds like a good method. Thank you!

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Or try dsades "purge" protocol

70g rough texture psyllium husk pre bed

First thing when you wake up
200mg caffeine (or 20-24oz coffee)
1 tab bronkaid
Evomuse gut health if you got it

This is SCRAPE your intestinal wall clean, you feel great after wards as well.

JXiiXViii

JXiiXViii

Awards
  • Established
Psyllium seems to work great for me as well. Start out at 1/2 tablespoon for a few days and then go up to 1 full tablespoon. I normally split the dose up, so maybe 1/2 in the morning and half at night before bed.

Try some probiotics too.

Also, even though you're not celiac or particularly allergic to any foods that you know of, it could very well still be something dietary.

I would try to cut out the top offenders and see if it improves. I'd start with gluten since that is the main offender out there. Even though only a small part of the population is celiac, I've read that up to 40% of us have gluten sensitivities that can manifest in a variety of different ways.

If you don't notice any improvement there, try dairy, then eggs, and so on.

Lastly, where is your 35-40g of fiber per day coming from? If you're counting things like bread and pasta, those aren't all that great of a source. I would aim for most fiber from fruits and vegetables.

Toff

Awards
  • Established
Look for the 50 billion, probiotics. They've really helped with my 'exit gas' that was becoming a right pain.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
AdelV Supplements 5
Bulking 13
rascal14 Supplements 6
rascal14 Supplements 0
GreenMachineX Supplements 10