Boiled Eggs

  1. New Member
    Sketch2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    295
    Rep Power
    141926
    Level
    23
    Lv. Percent
    4.1%

    Boiled Eggs


    I get in a 6 egg white omlette every morning. But I"m trying to get in some egg whites before bed. Its a hassle to scramble some up so I boiled a bunch and eat the whites. I know ingesting raw egg whites isn't good as you don't get the full protein content in addition to other things. Is boiling the egg just like scrambling it? Its cooked so it should contain the full content of protein, etc.....

    Just want to make sure....

    Also, any thoughts on a egg white to yolk ratio?

    I'm cutting out yolks because i feel like i get a little bloat when i eat them.

    Sketch
    Mentally Unstable - Divided Mind

  2. Senior Member
    HokiePride's Avatar
    Stats
    6'5"  347 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1,172
    Rep Power
    417750
    Level
    36
    Lv. Percent
    67.46%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Try egg whites by muscle egg.com you can drink their egg whites and flavored. About to put in another order today.
    Sponsored Logs
    {Division 1, Licogenix, Formula-X} (Courtesy JD and Athletix)
    {Amino1} (Courtesy JPMiller and MusclePharm)
  3. New Member
    Sketch2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    295
    Rep Power
    141926
    Level
    23
    Lv. Percent
    4.1%

    Expensive though. I've visited their site.
    Mentally Unstable - Divided Mind
    •   
       

  4. Senior Member
    AntM1564's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  150 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,918
    Rep Power
    1680544
    Level
    56
    Lv. Percent
    48.17%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Just cook them anyway you like. It does not make a difference, it is just preference.
    Performax Labs Product Specialist
    Like Us On Facebook:
    https://www.facebook.com/PmaxLabs
  5. New Member
    Sketch2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    295
    Rep Power
    141926
    Level
    23
    Lv. Percent
    4.1%

    Figured as much. Thanks
    Mentally Unstable - Divided Mind
  6. New Member
    JXiiXViii's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    67
    Rep Power
    29809
    Level
    10
    Lv. Percent
    94.68%

    When you say you get bloat from eating the whole egg, are you sure its the egg and not something you're eating with it?

    Eating the whole egg is way better for you than eating just the whites since the yolk is where all the nutrition is.
  7. New Member
    Sketch2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    295
    Rep Power
    141926
    Level
    23
    Lv. Percent
    4.1%

    Thanks.
    No I'm just eating the egg when boiled. When i scramble eggs its usually just the whites.

    When you say the nutrition is all in the yolks it brings me back to my two prong question above.

    I've heard people say a good ratio is something like five egg whites to one yolk as you don't want to eat many yolks.

    I don't particularly like including them but what are your thoughts on this

    Sketch
    Mentally Unstable - Divided Mind
  8. Senior Member
    Tagger's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Age
    24
    Posts
    2,966
    Rep Power
    1447240
    Level
    62
    Lv. Percent
    70.68%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Sketch2000 View Post
    I get in a 6 egg white omlette every morning. But I"m trying to get in some egg whites before bed. Its a hassle to scramble some up so I boiled a bunch and eat the whites. I know ingesting raw egg whites isn't good as you don't get the full protein content in addition to other things. Is boiling the egg just like scrambling it? Its cooked so it should contain the full content of protein, etc.....

    Just want to make sure....

    Also, any thoughts on a egg white to yolk ratio?

    I'm cutting out yolks because i feel like i get a little bloat when i eat them.

    Sketch
    Dont eat a lot of the yolks because they are bad on the cholesterol.
    Orbit Nutrition Representative!
    Follow Tagger On YouTube! - http://goo.gl/lAvXUX
    Tagger's THE1 Log - http://goo.gl/kR1jRm
  9. Elite Member
    Driven2lift's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"   lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Age
    24
    Posts
    5,615
    Rep Power
    5486148
    Level
    86
    Lv. Percent
    95.91%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by Tagger View Post
    Dont eat a lot of the yolks because they are bad on the cholesterol.
    ...
    Have you not read about this since the 90's lol

    Dietary cholesterol does not directly effect our cholesterol, in fact whole eggs seem to be beneficial.
    Athletix Representative
    Orbit Nutrition Representative;
    Use the code SOCIAL for 10% off your order at Orbit!
  10. Senior Member
    Tagger's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Age
    24
    Posts
    2,966
    Rep Power
    1447240
    Level
    62
    Lv. Percent
    70.68%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Driven2lift View Post
    ...
    Have you not read about this since the 90's lol

    Dietary cholesterol does not directly effect our cholesterol, in fact whole eggs seem to be beneficial.
    Nope its been a while haha. Will research how foods don't effect our cholesterol.

    Edit..

    OP. Just eat a bunch of eggs anyway you want.
    Orbit Nutrition Representative!
    Follow Tagger On YouTube! - http://goo.gl/lAvXUX
    Tagger's THE1 Log - http://goo.gl/kR1jRm
  11. New Member
    JXiiXViii's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    67
    Rep Power
    29809
    Level
    10
    Lv. Percent
    94.68%

    Quote Originally Posted by Sketch2000 View Post
    Thanks.
    No I'm just eating the egg when boiled. When i scramble eggs its usually just the whites.

    When you say the nutrition is all in the yolks it brings me back to my two prong question above.

    I've heard people say a good ratio is something like five egg whites to one yolk as you don't want to eat many yolks.

    I don't particularly like including them but what are your thoughts on this

    Sketch
    I'm not sure why anyone would recommend a "ratio" of any kind for whites to yolks. Makes no sense to me.

    People still believe that extremely outdated misconception that the yolks are for some reason "bad for you" due to the cholesterol and fat, but that is so far from the truth.

    Dietary cholesterol is beneficial for us to consume, as is fat from the right sources. Eggs are an awesome source of healthy fats and cholesterol, not to mention vitamins, minerals, and other nutrients like choline that you can't get in many other places.

    All of those nutrients are found in the yolks, not the whites. The whites are just protein and that's about it.

    Plus, the yolk is conveniently where all the flavor is.

    Eating just the whites is such a waste of food and nutrition.

    Quote Originally Posted by Tagger View Post
    Dont eat a lot of the yolks because they are bad on the cholesterol.
    What is this, the 80s? That statement has no validity.

    Here are a handful of studies I suggest anyone should read that still think egg yolks are bad for you or that dietary cholesterol is bad for you:

    Whole egg consumption improves lipoprotein profil... [Metabolism. 2013] - PubMed - NCBI

    Angiotensin I Converting Enzyme Inhibitory Peptides from Simulated in Vitro Gastrointestinal Digestion of Cooked Eggs - Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry (ACS Publications)

    Egg consumption and endothelial function: a randomized controlled crossover trial

    Consumption of One Egg Per Day Increases Serum Lutein and Zeaxanthin Concentrations in Older Adults without Altering Serum Lipid and Lipoprotein Cholesterol Concentrations

    Eggs distinctly modulate plasma carotenoid an... [J Nutr Biochem. 2010] - PubMed - NCBI

    Dietary cholesterol provided by eggs and plasma lipoproteins... : Current Opinion in Clinical Nutrition & Metabolic Care

    Egg consumption and risk of coronary heart disease and stroke: dose-response meta-analysis of prospective cohort studies | BMJ

    International Journal of Obesity - Abstract of article: Egg breakfast enhances weight loss
  12. Senior Member
    AntM1564's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  150 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    1,918
    Rep Power
    1680544
    Level
    56
    Lv. Percent
    48.17%
    Achievements Activity ProPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Sketch2000 View Post
    Thanks.
    No I'm just eating the egg when boiled. When i scramble eggs its usually just the whites.

    When you say the nutrition is all in the yolks it brings me back to my two prong question above.

    I've heard people say a good ratio is something like five egg whites to one yolk as you don't want to eat many yolks.

    I don't particularly like including them but what are your thoughts on this

    Sketch
    There is no set ratio. The ratio depends on how much fat intake you want in that meal or have left in the day if it is your last meal.
    Performax Labs Product Specialist
    Like Us On Facebook:
    https://www.facebook.com/PmaxLabs
  13. New Member
    Sketch2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    295
    Rep Power
    141926
    Level
    23
    Lv. Percent
    4.1%

    Thanks. Great info.
    Mentally Unstable - Divided Mind
  14. New Member
    lorenzmiller's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  56 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    7
    Rep Power
    10
    Level
    2
    Lv. Percent
    40.33%

    boiled egg is valuable for us. but access is bad
  15. Professional Member
    bean5er's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  208 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Age
    33
    Posts
    4,732
    Rep Power
    3997523
    Level
    79
    Lv. Percent
    2.63%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Tagger View Post
    Dont eat a lot of the yolks because they are bad on the cholesterol.
    Quote Originally Posted by JXiiXViii View Post
    I'm not sure why anyone would recommend a "ratio" of any kind for whites to yolks. Makes no sense to me.

    People still believe that extremely outdated misconception that the yolks are for some reason "bad for you" due to the cholesterol and fat, but that is so far from the truth.

    Dietary cholesterol is beneficial for us to consume, as is fat from the right sources. Eggs are an awesome source of healthy fats and cholesterol, not to mention vitamins, minerals, and other nutrients like choline that you can't get in many other places.

    All of those nutrients are found in the yolks, not the whites. The whites are just protein and that's about it.

    Plus, the yolk is conveniently where all the flavor is.

    Eating just the whites is such a waste of food and nutrition.



    What is this, the 80s? That statement has no validity.

    Here are a handful of studies I suggest anyone should read that still think egg yolks are bad for you or that dietary cholesterol is bad for you:

    Whole egg consumption improves lipoprotein profil... [Metabolism. 2013] - PubMed - NCBI

    Angiotensin I Converting Enzyme Inhibitory Peptides from Simulated in Vitro Gastrointestinal Digestion of Cooked Eggs - Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry (ACS Publications)

    Egg consumption and endothelial function: a randomized controlled crossover trial

    Consumption of One Egg Per Day Increases Serum Lutein and Zeaxanthin Concentrations in Older Adults without Altering Serum Lipid and Lipoprotein Cholesterol Concentrations

    Eggs distinctly modulate plasma carotenoid an... [J Nutr Biochem. 2010] - PubMed - NCBI

    Dietary cholesterol provided by eggs and plasma lipoproteins... : Current Opinion in Clinical Nutrition & Metabolic Care

    Egg consumption and risk of coronary heart disease and stroke: dose-response meta-analysis of prospective cohort studies | BMJ

    International Journal of Obesity - Abstract of article: Egg breakfast enhances weight loss
    This

    Like others have said the ratio is determined by your goals and macro ratios.
    Independent
  16. New Member
    Sketch2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    295
    Rep Power
    141926
    Level
    23
    Lv. Percent
    4.1%

    Agreed. It depends on moderation.
    I'm concerned that I'm eating too many tho...
    I'm eating about 4-6 for breakfast. 2-3 of those are whole eggs.
    Later i may have a few and one yolk. Then at night maybe 4 eggs (1-2) yolks. This isn't everyday but I'd say the average is about 6 a day with about 3 yolks (the rest are all whites). When i started i ate less yolks but are now eating more due to the taste. Too much?
    Mentally Unstable - Divided Mind
  17. New Member
    JXiiXViii's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    67
    Rep Power
    29809
    Level
    10
    Lv. Percent
    94.68%

    Quote Originally Posted by Sketch2000 View Post
    Agreed. It depends on moderation.
    I'm concerned that I'm eating too many tho...
    I'm eating about 4-6 for breakfast. 2-3 of those are whole eggs.
    Later i may have a few and one yolk. Then at night maybe 4 eggs (1-2) yolks. This isn't everyday but I'd say the average is about 6 a day with about 3 yolks (the rest are all whites). When i started i ate less yolks but are now eating more due to the taste. Too much?
    No, you're fine. Eggs are no different than any other food. As long as you're balancing everything out, you have nothing to worry about.
  18. New Member
    Sketch2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    295
    Rep Power
    141926
    Level
    23
    Lv. Percent
    4.1%

    Quote Originally Posted by JXiiXViii View Post

    No, you're fine. Eggs are no different than any other food. As long as you're balancing everything out, you have nothing to worry about.
    Thank you brother. Just had full labs done so if anything I'll see a change.

    Besides that just chicken breast with some carbs really. Occasional snack here and there. Usually fruit or granola.
    Mentally Unstable - Divided Mind
  19. New Member
    gdsingh02172's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    12
    Rep Power
    10
    Level
    2
    Lv. Percent
    90.33%

    eggs gave a energy.
  20. New Member
    Sketch2000's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    295
    Rep Power
    141926
    Level
    23
    Lv. Percent
    4.1%

    I've been cutting calories like crazy. Only eating boiled eggs, mostly whites, granola bars, and one large meal of chicken breast with sweet potatoes or whole grain soft tortillas. I've been having around 3-5 yolks per day. Mostly because there the most filing...probably been eating eggs like crazy and changed diet up a month and a half ago. Had labs done a few weeks back. Cholesterol perfect, kidney function fine...labs good
    Mentally Unstable - Divided Mind
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Are hard boiled eggs unhealthy?
    By healthychaser in forum Recipes
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 09-13-2014, 05:01 PM
  2. Hard Boiled, scrambled, egg white mix?
    By ceaston in forum Recipes
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-03-2012, 04:39 AM
  3. Hard boiled egges in a blender?
    By Harry Manback in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 10-24-2009, 11:05 PM
  4. boiled eggs
    By basspro in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 02-19-2008, 10:50 PM
  5. Prepping hard boiled eggs without the shell sticking....
    By good_guye28 in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 02-25-2004, 07:35 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in