Fiber in corn?

pudgypower

Awards
Im trying to up my fiber, I have acid reflux disease and fiber works the best for it at least for me. I started eating a lot more corn for the carbs and because I thought it would be high in fiber. When I looked at the package though it says there only 1.5 grams per cup, how? If the majority of it comes out whole if you know what I mean. Could they only be counting soluble fiber.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Corn is a grain and most, if not all, grains are not going to be primarily fiber. If you're not digesting it well, then cut it out of the diet. Corn is amongst the most genetically engineered crops out there.

pudgypower

Awards
Corn is a grain and most, if not all, grains are not going to be primarily fiber. If you're not digesting it well, then cut it out of the diet. Corn is amongst the most genetically engineered crops out there.
I'm digesting it fine, I'm just wondering if anyone can tell me the fiber content of corn. I've seen online where it has said upwards of 12 grams per cup and then I've also seen 1 g per cup.

jonson789

Awards
Hi...!
Corn is very beneficial for health one normal size of corn provides 10% of our daily needs of dietary fiber.And this help in controlling many disease and may lower heart disease .

veaderko

veaderko

Awards
I would bet that unless your eating organic grown corn you are probably ingesting a lot of things that are not going to help control diseases.

As far as fiber goes, go by the package that you are using. If you want to up your fiber intake, use greens like spinach and broccoli or buy a non-flavored powder.

When I do a keto style diet, I add it to my IFN Protean Ice Cream or Muffins.

pudgypower

Awards
I would bet that unless your eating organic grown corn you are probably ingesting a lot of things that are not going to help control diseases. As far as fiber goes, go by the package that you are using. If you want to up your fiber intake, use greens like spinach and broccoli or buy a non-flavored powder. When I do a keto style diet, I add it to my IFN Protean Ice Cream or Muffins.
Yeah I already take a fiber drink, and get in a lot of green veg too. Tried doing stuff like bugler wheat because it's so high in fiber but just tastes so bad to me lol.

veaderko

veaderko

Awards
Yeah I already take a fiber drink, and get in a lot of green veg too. Tried doing stuff like bugler wheat because it's so high in fiber but just tastes so bad to me lol.
How much fiber a day are you getting? To much can be bad.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
If you want to increase fiber, eat more green veggies

JXiiXViii

JXiiXViii

Awards
  • Established
If you want to increase fiber, eat more green veggies
This ^^

Eating corn for fiber is like eating spinach for it's protein content.

Fruits, vegetables, and greens will provide you with plenty of fiber and are way healthier for you than corn anyway.

pudgypower

Awards
I already get most of my fiber through green veg, that's not what I was asking. What I was asking is if anyone can give me an accurate amount of fiber for corn.

JXiiXViii

JXiiXViii

Awards
  • Established
I already get most of my fiber through green veg, that's not what I was asking. What I was asking is if anyone can give me an accurate amount of fiber for corn.
Try this: hxxp://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/vegetables-and-vegetable-products/2416/2 (cant post links yet so just change the hxxp to http)

Looks like 1 cup is only about 5 grams of fiber.

pudgypower

Awards
Try this: hxxp://nutritiondata.self.com/facts/vegetables-and-vegetable-products/2416/2 (cant post links yet so just change the hxxp to http) Looks like 1 cup is only about 5 grams of fiber.
Thanks!!!