Training with infection

DJDEANER

Awards
Hey everyone, I just have a quick question for you guys. I got some pretty mean blisters on my foot, one of the blisters have popped aswell the buble skin has been torn off so now its just an open sore. It has gotten infected. I have now given it a really good clean and put some polysporin on it. My question is can I still workout even with this problem?? Will my body not be in a good state to heal from the workout if im fighting infection at the same time?? I just dont want to make things worse. The main reason i ask is cause i just got off cycle and am on pct but am trying to keep training at a high level to keep my gains.

Thanks in advance.
Dean

TheMovement

TheMovement

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I don't think training and increases circulation while the infection is still within your system. Surprised you didn't ask your doctor as this is a better ? for the professional, but IMO your body is already quite stressed from internal factors, adding to the mix will only make you weaker and more susceptible to further infection or other things floating around.

IMO I would wait a few days and leave a message for the Doc, the weekend wont kill ya, where if that was to spread it DEF could.

JXiiXViii

JXiiXViii

Awards
  • Established
I know this thread is like a week old, but I would say to just pay attention to how you feel. Is the infection making you feel sick and sluggish? Then take a break. If you feel fine physically, try a training session and see how it goes.