Cheat meal??

  1. New Member
    Rush8780's Avatar
    Stats
    6'0"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Posts
    150
    Rep Power
    601
    Level
    13
    Lv. Percent
    48.36%

    Cheat meal??


    What's the best way to incorporate a cheat meal once a week on a maintenance plan? Just eat very low calorie on the day of your cheat meal and save all the calories for the meal that night?? I'm currently on a maintenance diet and I'm trying to figure out how to do this so my wife and I can actually go out and enjoy a meal on Saturday night

  2. Senior Member
    AntM1564's Avatar
    Stats
    5'9"  150 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    2,329
    Rep Power
    2657434
    Level
    65
    Lv. Percent
    31.41%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProPosting Pro

    If you;re going for this cheat meal every Saturday night and the rest of the week your diet is 100% on point, I would not worry about it. Have fun with your wife. A weekly cheat meal will not kill your results. Just make a smart decision on what you order. If you really want, you could do extra cardio that day or the next. If you know your macros, you could go to the restaurant's website and browse their menu, pick a meal, and fit it into your daily macros for the day.
    Performax Labs Product Specialist
    Like Us On Facebook:
    https://www.facebook.com/PmaxLabs
  3. Elite Member
    tyga tyga's Avatar
    Stats
    5'6"  155 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2010
    Posts
    7,446
    Rep Power
    3271958
    Level
    87
    Lv. Percent
    37.1%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

    In b4 @TheSolution rips this thread apart
    Myokem Athlete
    Psalms 62:1-62:2
    •   
       

  4. Pro Virili Parte
    JudoJosh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Age
    30
    Posts
    9,082
    Rep Power
    2849705
    Level
    81
    Lv. Percent
    72.69%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    Just go to dinner and enjoy yourself. that doesnt mean go crazy, but just eat. It isnt going to drastically hurt your progress. The rest of the day, leading up to the meal and after it, just diet like you normally would.
    "The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance." - Socrates
  5. Professional Member
    pyrobatt's Avatar
    Stats
    6'5"  241 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    3,487
    Rep Power
    1214966
    Level
    59
    Lv. Percent
    18.24%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Rush8780 View Post
    What's the best way to incorporate a cheat meal once a week on a maintenance plan? Just eat very low calorie on the day of your cheat meal and save all the calories for the meal that night?? I'm currently on a maintenance diet and I'm trying to figure out how to do this so my wife and I can actually go out and enjoy a meal on Saturday night
    honesty here....
    Are you competing? If so then concentrate on prep and stop using your wife as an excuse to deviate. Talk to your coach /adjust for prep.
    If not ....do it. Stop being anal. Happy wife happy life. Once a week wont make much of a difference .Also it seems to me "actually enjoy a meal" means you don't enjoy food now or you and your wife don't eat together and both you and your wife have a problem with this. If that's the issue then make adjustments. Go to a calorie /macro friendly restaurant.

    I also must say if bodybuilding is not a job for you then there's no reason for you to try and keep lean year round. It's a pain in the ass and it's repetitive. I feel when people do this it can hinder growth. Don't let society pressure you to be photo shop lean. "Curvy " guys need love too
    Representative of Chaos and Pain, LLC
    https://www.facebook.com/ChaosAndPain Like us on facebook!
    http://www.chaosandpain.com/
  6. Professional Member
    Tagger's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Age
    24
    Posts
    3,531
    Rep Power
    2127697
    Level
    69
    Lv. Percent
    86.39%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by pyrobatt View Post
    honesty here....
    Are you competing? If so then concentrate on prep and stop using your wife as an excuse to deviate. Talk to your coach /adjust for prep.
    If not ....do it. Stop being anal. Happy wife happy life. Once a week wont make much of a difference .Also it seems to me "actually enjoy a meal" means you don't enjoy food now or you and your wife don't eat together and both you and your wife have a problem with this. If that's the issue then make adjustments. Go to a calorie /macro friendly restaurant.

    I also must say if bodybuilding is not a job for you then there's no reason for you to try and keep lean year round. It's a pain in the ass and it's repetitive. I feel when people do this it can hinder growth. Don't let society pressure you to be photo shop lean. "Curvy " guys need love too
    This says it all haha.
    Orbit Nutrition Representative!
    Follow Tagger On YouTube! - http://goo.gl/lAvXUX
    Tagger's G8 Log - http://goo.gl/KCMtZ6
  7. New Member
    JXiiXViii's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Posts
    69
    Rep Power
    54933
    Level
    13
    Lv. Percent
    16.57%

    Yeah I wouldn't worry too much about it man. One "cheat meal" per week isn't going to hinder progress at all. Your body is much more complex than that.

    Also, you can still eat out and get food that's relatively healthy. For example, don't go to dinner at McDonalds and pound 5 Big Macs, a large fry, and a coke (obviously). Go to a nice steakhouse or a hibachi place and get steak, chicken, rice, potatoes, and vegetables. Tastes good and it's perfectly fine to eat.

    And I second what pyrobatt said..you used the words "actually enjoy a meal." Maybe you didn't mean it that way, but it sounds like you need to find some recipes and foods you can eat that are healthy but that you also enjoy. It makes sticking to a diet so much easier.

    I eat clean 95-98% of the time I'd say and I actually enjoy every meal, so to me it's not a "diet" at all. I'm just eating foods I like that happen to also be good for me.
  8. Professional Member
    Tagger's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  180 lbs.
    Join Date
    Apr 2014
    Age
    24
    Posts
    3,531
    Rep Power
    2127697
    Level
    69
    Lv. Percent
    86.39%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by JXiiXViii View Post
    Yeah I wouldn't worry too much about it man. One "cheat meal" per week isn't going to hinder progress at all. Your body is much more complex than that.

    Also, you can still eat out and get food that's relatively healthy. For example, don't go to dinner at McDonalds and pound 5 Big Macs, a large fry, and a coke (obviously). Go to a nice steakhouse or a hibachi place and get steak, chicken, rice, potatoes, and vegetables. Tastes good and it's perfectly fine to eat.

    And I second what pyrobatt said..you used the words "actually enjoy a meal." Maybe you didn't mean it that way, but it sounds like you need to find some recipes and foods you can eat that are healthy but that you also enjoy. It makes sticking to a diet so much easier.

    I eat clean 95-98% of the time I'd say and I actually enjoy every meal, so to me it's not a "diet" at all. I'm just eating foods I like that happen to also be good for me.
    Same here. I'm weird but I ****ing love chicken and rice. Sometimes I eat that **** 3 times a day.
    Orbit Nutrition Representative!
    Follow Tagger On YouTube! - http://goo.gl/lAvXUX
    Tagger's G8 Log - http://goo.gl/KCMtZ6
  9. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    The Solution's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  175 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    11,373
    Rep Power
    8129186
    Level
    103
    Lv. Percent
    42.29%
    Achievements Posting VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranActivity Royalty

    Quote Originally Posted by Rush8780 View Post
    What's the best way to incorporate a cheat meal once a week on a maintenance plan? Just eat very low calorie on the day of your cheat meal and save all the calories for the meal that night?? I'm currently on a maintenance diet and I'm trying to figure out how to do this so my wife and I can actually go out and enjoy a meal on Saturday night
    Replace 1 meal with Cheat meal
    Dont need to low carb anything, its a "Free/Cheat" Meal
    Eat sensible and dont stuff yourself silly. Moderation never hurt anyone.
    Team Inov8 Elite Performance
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. Cheat Meals...
    By SwoleT in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 67
    Last Post: 06-11-2010, 09:04 PM
  2. Best time for a big cheat meal?
    By Moyer in forum Bulking
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-24-2006, 02:02 PM
  3. Cheat meal - After Workout or no?
    By adrenalinaddict in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 05-26-2004, 11:19 PM
  4. Type 1 Diabetes and Cheat Meals
    By Rock Lee in forum IGF-1/GH
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 03-13-2004, 12:07 PM
  5. Favorite Cheat Meals/Unhealthy Foods
    By Biggs in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 01-12-2003, 10:18 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in