BodyOpus diet

RockyRambo

Awards
I am trying to follow the BodyOpus diet to the 'T' but have some questions about the glycogen supercompensation phase-

Meals 1-4
It is asked to 'drink' 2gm of carbs per kg of lbm of liquid simple sugars or glucose polymers per meal.
Meals 5-8
It is asked to 'drink' 1.5gm of carbs per kg of lbm of liquid carbs and solid high GI carbs

Then it also says that you shouldn't use fructose or sucrose at all..
Recomp starts with high GI liquid carbs and progresses to solid low GI carbs as the hours tick by..

What I want to ask is what are liquid simple sugars or glucose polymers per meal which don't have fructose/ sucrose? I mean what foods is he referring to when he says liquid simple sugars/ glucose polymers/ low GI carbs /high GI liquid carbs. for example, if I say, an orange juice is a liquid simple sugar but wouldn't it have fructose in it? I am confused here !!

GD67

GD67

Awards
I have Dan's book too and have followed The BodyOpus section for many weeks at a time but that was back in 1997/ 98. IIRC I used a Twinlab powder that was a carb drink which had a high percentage of Glucose Polymers as the carb source. I printed out meal logs and would wake up through the night on Friday and Saturday for that serious carb-up. I had very good results but I was insanely strict with it. I had fun. Good luck.

RockyRambo

Awards
I have Dan's book too and have followed The BodyOpus section for many weeks at a time but that was back in 1997/ 98. IIRC I used a Twinlab powder that was a carb drink which had a high percentage of Glucose Polymers as the carb source. I printed out meal logs and would wake up through the night on Friday and Saturday for that serious carb-up. I had very good results but I was insanely strict with it. I had fun. Good luck.
Thanks a lot for the reply...However, some more questions on this :)..

1. Powdered Dextrose - I researched and found that "glucolin glucose" (a product found in singapore) has 99.3% dextrose monohydrate and i can mix it with whey for the first three meals of the supercompensation..So this becomes a high GI liquid carb up and I should take it immediately after my depletion workout?

2. For the next carb-ups, I should move towards dairy (milk, yoghurt) and oats and then to solid starches - potatoes, pasta, vegetables, rice, etc. and finally when I am ending the carb-up day, again towards dairy and oats/muesli? This last part will help to descent into Ketosis?

3. no fructose and sucrose would mean what foods to exclude - fruits & table sugar?

4. If I prefer to workout in thr morning on Friday as well (depeltion workout) and choose a 60 hr supercompensation window after I end workout which will end on Sunday evening.. (here I won't be waking up to eat or may be for some meals), will that be optimal?

5. If I don't use a GDA (can't find one in Singapore easily) and do some aerobics for a faster descent into ketosis, will that be fine?

6. if my carbs are < 50 gm, is it fine for ketosis? (have counted every trace amount in the foods)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Weight Loss 6
crazyfool405 Weight Loss 3
IGF-1/GH 0
Weight Loss 6
Weight Loss 3