Critque my diet

soul0wner

soul0wner

Awards
  • Established
I was suggested to make a thread for my diet so people could check it over and give me some advice. I'm 5'8" 165 lbs currently cutting, but may move over to a clean bulk if I am chosen for a log. I'm eating 2,300 calories at the moment. 224C/165P/82F macros. And my lifting looks like this.. Chest/triceps - Back/Biceps - Shoulders - Legs. I throw in some HIIT cardio 2-3 times a week, around 20-30 minutes each session.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Nothing really to critique
are you losing weight?
are you maintaining strength?
Your meeting fat and protein minimums, are you getting adequate fiber
are you recovering well?
how is your mood/energy?

These are more important than seeing numbers and a routine which tells us nothing about your "Progress" and what to "Critique"
if your getting tired, and losing some muscle you may need to scale back cardio and frequency/volume to compensate for your caloric deficit, if your not losing then you need to lower your deficit or resort to more carido as a form of burning kcals.

soul0wner

soul0wner

Awards
  • Established
Nothing really to critique are you losing weight? are you maintaining strength? Your meeting fat and protein minimums, are you getting adequate fiber are you recovering well? how is your mood/energy? These are more important than seeing numbers and a routine which tells us nothing about your "Progress" and what to "Critique" if your getting tired, and losing some muscle you may need to scale back cardio and frequency/volume to compensate for your caloric deficit, if your not losing then you need to lower your deficit or resort to more carido as a form of burning kcals.
I didn't know what else to title this. I applied for a log and these guys told me to throw a thread up in case I won the log, he was going to help with my diet.

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I didn't know what else to title this. I applied for a log and these guys told me to throw a thread up in case I won the log, he was going to help with my diet.
I saw that post. I think he meant a seperate, unrelated thread. It seems that if you wanted diet advice, to post a thread to talk about it...like you just did.

If you get selected to log the product, then you should create a the supplement log in the supplement review section.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
What he's saying though is you haven't told us much about your actual diet... How many meals, when, when do you lift, what exactly are you eating, etc. gotta have some more details before we can even ask more questions

soul0wner

soul0wner

Awards
  • Established
I saw that post. I think he meant a seperate, unrelated thread. It seems that if you wanted diet advice, to post a thread to talk about it...like you just did. If you get selected to log the product, then you should create a the supplement log in the supplement review section.
I know that, he asked about a clean bulk and I said if he would help me set up a clean bulk diet and then said make the thread. I'll probably end up deleting this.

soul0wner

soul0wner

Awards
  • Established
What he's saying though is you haven't told us much about your actual diet... How many meals, when, when do you lift, what exactly are you eating, etc. gotta have some more details before we can even ask more questions
I usually do IF as I work at 5 am, usually eat after I lift which is around 3pm daily. Lean ground beef, chicken breast, whey protein are my main protein sources. My fats usually consist of natural peanut butter, cheese, almonds. And my carb sources are usually cereal and whole grain bread. Not the greatest I know. My energy levels have been pretty good. But I just recently started eating 2,300 calories. I was eating maintenance for a few days just because. I'm going to eat 2,300 until I noticed a stall in my weight loss progress.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I usually do IF as I work at 5 am, usually eat after I lift which is around 3pm daily. Lean ground beef, chicken breast, whey protein are my main protein sources. My fats usually consist of natural peanut butter, cheese, almonds. And my carb sources are usually cereal and whole grain bread. Not the greatest I know. My energy levels have been pretty good. But I just recently started eating 2,300 calories. I was eating maintenance for a few days just because. I'm going to eat 2,300 until I noticed a stall in my weight loss progress.
That's a pretty solid looking diet. You could try changing the carbs up a bit but if you're losing weight then you don't really need to until something stalls. Have you been losing anything and how long have you been trying?

soul0wner

soul0wner

Awards
  • Established
That's a pretty solid looking diet. You could try changing the carbs up a bit but if you're losing weight then you don't really need to until something stalls. Have you been losing anything and how long have you been trying?
I have lost about 6 or 7 pounds, had a few days where I ate whatever I wanted and didn't really care. Getting back on that grind and starting out with those calories. Will adjust accordingly. Thanks for the input.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
T Anabolics 27
D Anabolics 4
L Nutrition / Health 5
D Weight Loss 3
H Weight Loss 6