Advice on my diet

Rush8780

Rush8780

Awards
As of today I am in route coming home from a 9 month deployment to afghan. My wife and family will be there to greet me when I get home. I have been dieting pretty hard since I have been deployed and was wondering people's opinions on taking a week off from diet to "relax" and enjoy myself with my family. I'm not talking about binging all day everyday but having those foods with my family and relaxing.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Congrats for coming home and thank you for your service. Yes, take a break from your diet. We only live once, use this time to enjoy it with your friends and family. Food can bring people together at the table to share stories and experiences. If you're concerned, just make smart choices, but do not limit yourself.

Rush8780

Rush8780

Awards
Thanks for the comment brother just don't want 7 months to go down the drain in a weeks time. But I need a break mentally and physically.

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
all I can offer beyond what any said, is you might want to continue to take your supplements so you don't lose ground on that front.
also recent data suggests that if you lower carb intake when returning to a regular diet, it may help you keep the fat off. of course after 7 months of dieting
a week of regular eating will recharge your metablolism and probably help you lose weight even faster once you return to the diet the following week.

Rush8780

Rush8780

Awards
Yeah I had thought about that cuz my metabolism is bottomed out. Already got my diet planned out. Basically carbs will be at body weight maybe slightly lower then on non training day remove a carb source. Then have 1 cheat meal a week. I need it man I'm burnt