Critique my recomp diet...

BornFighter

Awards
Starting a Helladrol/Dermacrine cycle here in a couple days and just ironing out a few details in my diet. I'm 23 6'3" 202 about 19% bf, this is going to be a recomp cycle to lose some body fat and add some size. Diet is as fallows. Let me know what you think or throw your opinions out there!

3300 cals
300g protein
300g carbs
88g fats

Meal 1
2 whole eggs
3 egg whites
25g shake
1 cup oats (no calorie sweeteners) OR 4 slices Ezekiel bread/wheat bread OR 1 ½ cup kasha go lean

Meal 2
5oz chicken breast no skin boiled with water and spices or grilled…
10oz sweet potato or yams OR 2 cups brown rice weighed cooked

Meal 3
4oz ground turkey breast
10oz red kidney beans or black beans (about 60g carbs)

Meal 4
5oz chicken breast (weight is cooked.. boiled or grilled)
10oz sweet potato OR 2 cups brown rice weighed cooked or 10oz red potato/purple potato/blue potato
½ tablespoon olive oil for cooking

Meal 5 post workout
40g whey
1 whole white bagel

Meal 6
6oz London broil (round steak) again.. very little to no oil.. ¼ tablespoon olive oil. other options here are casein shakes (40g) or cottage cheese (2 cups) or nonfat greek yogurt (2 cups) or 95/5 and leaner ground beef 6oz or roast beef same weight

BornFighter

Awards
Also if it matters, I'm doing a 5 day split with cardio on all training days.

PuZo

Awards
  • Established
300g protein? I'd maybe cut it down a tad and give some more to fats.

As far as your food choices go, it seems fine, some variety might be nice but it's really up to you.

BornFighter

Awards
300g protein? I'd maybe cut it down a tad and give some more to fats.

As far as your food choices go, it seems fine, some variety might be nice but it's really up to you.
Thanks for the advice, I went 1.5g/lb I could cut that back and do 1.25/lb which would be 250g? Think thats good? I was also a little worried that my carbs were a little too high for a recomp at 300g?

I know its a pretty bland diet but I'm super strict on myself and never stray from it. Some days I might do some addition and subtraction to it as long as I stay within the parameters.

PuZo

Awards
  • Established
Thanks for the advice, I went 1.5g/lb I could cut that back and do 1.25/lb which would be 250g? Think thats good? I was also a little worried that my carbs were a little too high for a recomp at 300g?

I know its a pretty bland diet but I'm super strict on myself and never stray from it. Some days I might do some addition and subtraction to it as long as I stay within the parameters.
The protein calculations should be for LBM, so 202 lbs at 19% will give you around 163lbs. 1.5 times that is around 240g so that would be more than enough.

BornFighter

Awards
The protein calculations should be for LBM, so 202 lbs at 19% will give you around 163lbs. 1.5 times that is around 240g so that would be more than enough.
Ah, I got it. Thanks for clearing that up, I'll shoot for 240 then I'll just cut down my protein shakes from 40g to 25g and cut my brown rice in meal 2 from 2 cups to just 1.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Recomping really won't come down to your food choices, just how much over maintenance you are. Do you know your TDEE?

BornFighter

Awards
Recomping really won't come down to your food choices, just how much over maintenance you are. Do you know your TDEE?
I know it wont come down to food choices, its all about macros and shiz. TDEE is about 2800/2900 BMR is 1890.

jaycuda

jaycuda

Awards
  • Established
I'd drop the carbs to 220 ish(especially on your two days off) and up the fats. I like to keep my protein high.

BornFighter

Awards
I'd drop the carbs to 220 ish(especially on your two days off) and up the fats. I like to keep my protein high.
Okay so I got my protein down to 220g easily, carbs I can cut out 1 cup of brown rice and 5oz red potatoes and that should get it down to about 220/230. would that be a good split or should i add alittle more protein?

jaycuda

jaycuda

Awards
  • Established
Okay so I got my protein down to 220g easily, carbs I can cut out 1 cup of brown rice and 5oz red potatoes and that should get it down to about 220/230. would that be a good split or should i add alittle more protein?
Should be good there, if you still feel hungry up the protein