Bloating and Constipation

Zekdawg

Awards
Quick history on my weightlifting experience. So i was 210 then lost 155 then jumped up to 170 when i started lifting weights. I've been hovering at 170-175 for awhile now and go back and forth between cutting and bulking when i feel like im gettign too fat. Which seemed to be alot quicker than others. Well now I've noticed that my puffyness and fatness could have been a result of the chronic bloating and constipation i have. Perhaps this has been going on for some time.

When i noticed it and put the pieces together i decided to do a colon cleanse and have been supplementing with fiber ever since. Initially it was amazingly successful, now the supplementation isn't netting the results it once did. Does anyone have an idea of what could cause this?

Thanks

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
How much fiber are you consuming? Probably the #1 cause.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
How much fiber are you consuming? Probably the #1 cause.
^ I agree with this. See where your fiber is at and increase until you're regular.

I used to have no issues no matter my fiber intake. Now I have to stay above 25g/day, although I prefer 35+.

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
OP, does this mean you are back to experiencing bloating and constipation? Bloating only? Does the bloating result in looking like you're pregnant at times?

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
If OP were to take in more fiber that would cause more bloating

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Excessive fiber causes gi distress , blockage and massive bloat

More fiber is not better most
People bulking get a lot through excessive kcals

Zekdawg

Awards
Well based on my fitness pal it was 18-20g average and I take fiber choice and a pro biotic so it's around 25-28 after supplementation. My gas has smaller terrible lately and I'm scared for everyone else if I take more fiber.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Well based on my fitness pal it was 18-20g average and I take fiber choice and a pro biotic so it's around 25-28 after supplementation. My gas has smaller terrible lately and I'm scared for everyone else if I take more fiber.
Thats still on the lower end
What are your major sources of food intake? You should aim for 35-40g of fiber a day.

Zekdawg

Awards
Wow 35-40, I thought I wasn't doing that bad. I'll up it and see how it goes. Thanks, I hope this alleviates the problem. It's been like this for a long time. Just thought it was normal. Would you recommend a water pill to get some of the excess water out or would that be counterproductive?

RecompMan

RecompMan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Wow 35-40, I thought I wasn't doing that bad. I'll up it and see how it goes. Thanks, I hope this alleviates the problem. It's been like this for a long time. Just thought it was normal. Would you recommend a water pill to get some of the excess water out or would that be counterproductive?
I personally say minimum 10% of your calories should be minimum number for fiber intake, no more then 15-20% depending on intake level

Give a list of foods you eat and how you generally feel after them

Better yet log it.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I personally say minimum 10% of your calories should be minimum number for fiber intake, no more then 15-20% depending on intake level

Better yet log it.
Bingo

Driven2lift

Driven2lift

AnabolicMinds Site Rep
Awards

Better yet log it.
I'm thinking you meant minimum 1%

2000 cal diet would be needing 200g fibre

I would explode!

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I find it very hard to NOT meet fiber minimum's
Eat a few servings of veggies a day
a piece or two of fruit
Toss in some potaoes, oats, pasta etc, and your easily there.

Zekdawg

Awards
Great, Normally if i was home i could. But the barracks i live in doesnt have storage for food like that. i have to resort to going to the galley or buying ready made stuff so i have to supplement in some way.