OPINIONS NEEDED

baloun1

Awards
Here is my daily diet and routine let me know what you think:
STATS
Height-6'0"
Weight-163 Lbs
Age- 20 years old

NOTE: I am trying to just cut a couple pounds off as I have un-wanted fat around the lower stomach and pectoral area, this diet I have been following seems to be working good but I believe it could be better. I appreciate your comments and suggestions, thank you.

DIET
6:45AM- Vitamins- Fish oil, multi vitamin, 1 Shift metabolism booster
7AM- 1 protein shake w/ water(27 grams)(Dymatize Elite XT), 1 banana
9:45-10AM- 1 handful of almonds
12:30PM- (20-25 grams) of steak or chicken, 1 cup of brown rice, broccoli/ 1 protein shake w/ water(27 grams)(Dymatize Elite XT)/ 1 Shift metabolism booster
3:00 PM- 1 handful of cashews
6:30PM- (20-25 grams) of steak or chicken, 1 cup of brown rice, veggie of choice
9PM- 1 scoop of (Optimum Nutrition) Casein

WORKOUT SUPPLEMENT ROUTINE
note: will workout around 4/4:30 or 7 depending how day goes.
30 minutes before ~ 1 scoop NO Explode, 1 scoop of Creatine monohydrate
Directly after workout ~ 1 scoop of Dymatize Elite XT protein, 1 scoop of Creatine monohydrate

Sean1332

Sean1332

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Do you know what your TDEE is?

Do you count your calories?

How many grams of creatine is in one scoop of yours? I ask because there's no need for more than 3-5 grams and timing is irrelevant (you mentioned pre & post so that's why I bring it up)

What do you do for training? Don't list "Chest Monday, Back Tuesay ect" What do you actually do?

At 6' 160lbs, I say screw your little bit of belly fat and just start adding some muscle into your life.

polackpl

polackpl

Awards
Here is my daily diet and routine let me know what you think:
STATS
Height-6'0"
Weight-163 Lbs
Age- 20 years old

NOTE: I am trying to just cut a couple pounds off as I have un-wanted fat around the lower stomach and pectoral area, this diet I have been following seems to be working good but I believe it could be better. I appreciate your comments and suggestions, thank you.

DIET
6:45AM- Vitamins- Fish oil, multi vitamin, 1 Shift metabolism booster
7AM- 1 protein shake w/ water(27 grams)(Dymatize Elite XT), 1 banana
9:45-10AM- 1 handful of almonds
12:30PM- (20-25 grams) of steak or chicken, 1 cup of brown rice, broccoli/ 1 protein shake w/ water(27 grams)(Dymatize Elite XT)/ 1 Shift metabolism booster
3:00 PM- 1 handful of cashews
6:30PM- (20-25 grams) of steak or chicken, 1 cup of brown rice, veggie of choice
9PM- 1 scoop of (Optimum Nutrition) Casein

WORKOUT SUPPLEMENT ROUTINE
note: will workout around 4/4:30 or 7 depending how day goes.
30 minutes before ~ 1 scoop NO Explode, 1 scoop of Creatine monohydrate
Directly after workout ~ 1 scoop of Dymatize Elite XT protein, 1 scoop of Creatine monohydrate
You're pretty skinny. I recommend building muscle and cutting fat at the same time instead of purely cutting and eating little
If you're 6 foot and 163 lbs you're pretty skinny I'm guessing.
In the mornings you should have some carbs, you just woke up from an 8 hour fast.
Throw a scool of oatmeal in with your vitamins. Eating vitamins and fish oil on an empty stomach isn't too good on your body - you want something that can absorb it
Looks good to me - if you're lifting heavy I would add something to those cashews

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
I agree with what was said above. Give us some more information on what kind of training routine you're doing, and I would also suggest to look to gain some muscle before you get focused on losing fat. 6' at 160 is light! And as far as your diet goes, it looks pretty clean, but I would definitely add in some sort of pre workout meal an hour or two before you train. You eat some cashews at three and then it looks like your next meal is post workout? I would suggest moving the rice or any starchy carbs to pre or post workout to try to maximize muscle growth.

And also in agreement with above, you need to calculate your TDEE. Don't just guess how many calories you might need. Do the number crunching and see if you're lining up with what a person your size should be eating. And give us some more details on your training routine. And it'd be nice to know how long you've been training for.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
At 6' 160lbs, I say screw your little bit of belly fat and just start adding some muscle into your life.

This
Can almost guarentee its from a lack of muscle mass on your frame hence the little pouch or skinny fat look.

http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/muscle-gain/general-philosophies-of-muscle-mass-gain.html
http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/muscle-gain/macronutrient-intake-for-mass-gains-qa.html
http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/muscle-gain/training-frequency-for-mass-gains.html
http://www.bodyrecomposition.com/muscle-gain/cardio-and-mass-gains.html

Philosophies, Macro intake, training , and cardio articles for you to understand and help set up what you need to do before moving forward towards more supplements or advanced workout routines.