cutting diet

EatMoar

EatMoar

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
hey guys so just a quick question here is what i have planned to cut, i always get confused while cutting and have no idea why. i plan to start eating at maintenance calories for 1 week and every week after that i will drop 100 kcals until i reach where i want.

so im 5 foot 8, 197lbs, around 12ish bf, so my TDEE is between 2700 and 2900 so im starting at 2800 for my starting point. so im going to cut at 2600/2500 kCals so it will take me 3 weeks to get there. the reason for this is so i can get used to dieting down again.

carbs only morning, pre, post workout and no carbs after 6 pm, just veggies. obviously a clean diet.

my macros for now:

100-130g of fats
130-150g carbs
250g of protein

My body handles fats really well and also about 200-300 kCal from fat will be MCT oil. i plan on doing this until my fat loss stalls and then i will carb cycle.

carb cycling: 2 low 1 high carb days

low carb 80-120g
high carb 250-300g

thats pretty much it, can anyone give me some input or just an ok? i always feel like i mess up on my cuts and i want to preserve as much mass aspossible but doing this naturally i know that it will be almost impossible not to lose some muscle.

drinkyboy

Awards
  • Established
I'm no guru by any means, but if looks nice to me. I always slowly drop cals and whatnot. Only thing I ask is for you to keep us posted on your progress.

EatMoar

EatMoar

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I'm no guru by any means, but if looks nice to me. I always slowly drop cals and whatnot. Only thing I ask is for you to keep us posted on your progress.
Sure. And thanks. I always kind of tip toe on my cuts. They always come out good though, I just wanted to make sure.

MavGoose

MavGoose

Awards
Looks solid to me especially with cutting cals slowly. I always like my biggest carb meal before bed but that's just me. I'm also cutting right now so in for results... How lean you tryin to get?

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
My cutting diet consists of scissor casserole, razor blade soup, and swiss army knife salads

EatMoar

EatMoar

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Looks solid to me especially with cutting cals slowly. I always like my biggest carb meal before bed but that's just me. I'm also cutting right now so in for results... How lean you tryin to get?
I'm looking to get single digit body fat. 7-8% , it's something I've never done before. Last summer I was 9/10% so I want to try to get lower. I may throw in leancut/stano to get a light hormone combo going to get that last few percentage points.

MavGoose

MavGoose

Awards
Right on man, my goal as well. That combo sounds nice would help out some with muscle preservation. Best of luck!

EatMoar

EatMoar

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Right on man, my goal as well. That combo sounds nice would help out some with muscle preservation. Best of luck!
thanks man. i think im going to diet down until mid april/start of may and then start it then or maybe earlier. it depends how much weight i shed naturally. but thanks bud, best of luck to you to!

PuZo

Awards
  • Established
Solid macro numbers, good to see your fat is up.

EatMoar

EatMoar

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
If anyone wanted an update my macros have been perfect and I've never cut with this many carbs (120-150) and I think it's because now that I have more lean body mass than before my body can handle these carbs a lot better.

I'm actually feeling tighter and I'm at 2800 kcal which isn't that low yet.

So I'm still shocked I'm losing water /glycogen / fat at te amount of carbs I've been eating. Usually, my last cut when I was 175lbs (now 195) I could only eat 50-80g of carbs or else I'd hold water. Amazing how metabolism can change.