my doctor told me not to drink protein shakes??!

Page 1 of 3 123 Last
  1. my doctor told me not to drink protein shakes??!


    So i went to the doctor today and since i got high blood pressure(its not that high though)she asked me what my nutrition was like, i told her im bulking and i take protein shakes three times a day and she told me to only drink one and eat more food and told me to stop taking creatine because i could get a heart attack.my question is.. js all of this really true??


  2. No.

    Get a more intelligent doctor.

    In fact I think most of the research on creatine and hearts is positive and not negative. Not to mention you already have creatine in your body and get it from some foods.

    Still, get a more intelligent doctor.
    EvoMuse Products Rep

    PM me with any questions!
    •   
       


  3. Quote Originally Posted by Markos4 View Post
    So i went to the doctor today and since i got high blood pressure(its not that high though)she asked me what my nutrition was like, i told her im bulking and i take protein shakes three times a day and she told me to only drink one and eat more food and told me to stop taking creatine because i could get a heart attack.my question is.. js all of this really true??
    I'm beginning to think your a troll. The doctor is probably telling you this because you're 17.
    Online community manager/lead rep of Chaos and Pain,LLC and Fundamental Nutrition.Check us out!chaosandpain.com fnsupps.com Follow me on instagram:@pyrobatt

  4. Quote Originally Posted by pyrobatt View Post

    I'm beginning to think your a troll. The doctor is probably telling you this because you're 17.
    Yep. If you're for real, let's get your doctors name so we can do a little research on him/her. I love it when doctors give diet and supplement advice.

  5. Quote Originally Posted by Matthersby View Post

    Yep. If you're for real, let's get your doctors name so we can do a little research on him/her. I love it when doctors give diet and supplement advice.
    He may not be lying. It has happened to me. Especially with the...idk..protien scare?
    Online community manager/lead rep of Chaos and Pain,LLC and Fundamental Nutrition.Check us out!chaosandpain.com fnsupps.com Follow me on instagram:@pyrobatt
    •   
       

  6. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    Driven2lift's Avatar

    Some doctors dont have a problem with supplemental protein but with not knowing the additives in the blend.

    Bring in the label and ask why it should be avoided.
    PEScience Representative; Use the code Driven for 30% off at pescience.com
    Lockout Supplements representative; Use the code anabolic05 at lockoutsupplements.com

  7. Oh I forgot about you. You are training to become Mr. Olympia. Bro, there's a small possibility that on this path you've chosen, doctors may tell you that some unhealthy decisions are being made on your part. Just a heads up.

  8. Quote Originally Posted by Driven2lift View Post
    Some doctors dont have a problem with supplemental protein but with not knowing the additives in the blend.

    Bring in the label and ask why it should be avoided.
    Im not a troll guys,and i asked her why and she said that it has some contaminants in it and the only one that is regulated by a 3rd party law are muscle milk and iso pure and she also said that i could get a hearg attack becaise of those contaminants and fhat creatine and protein make the kidneys work too hard and that might be the reason why i have high blood pressure

  9. Quote Originally Posted by Matthersby View Post
    Oh I forgot about you. You are training to become Mr. Olympia. Bro, there's a small possibility that on this path you've chosen, doctors may tell you that some unhealthy decisions are being made on your part. Just a heads up.
    And yea. I know that bro, but i didn't know they would even say something bad about whey protein

  10. Quote Originally Posted by Markos4 View Post

    And yea. I know that bro, but i didn't know they would even say something bad about whey protein
    No. I would already be looking for a new doctor in your case. But that's my answer for everything.

  11. You don't have to worry about heart attacks and kidney/liver problems until you've been on gear for a decade or so. Not in your teens from protein and creatine.

  12. As long as you are active, drink enough water, and are generally healthy, you are fine.
    iForce Nutrition Representative
    iTrain. iCompete. iDominate…iForce!
    www.iforcenutrition.com

  13. Quote Originally Posted by PuZo View Post
    As long as you are active, drink enough water, and are generally healthy, you are fine.
    Yea i told her i drink alot of water and she said something might be wrong with my kidneys cuz i been having high blood pressure for the last 4 months already but they just called me from the clinic after checking my blood and they said my kidneys are okay so idk what shes going to say next time i see her.lol

  14. Quote Originally Posted by Markos4 View Post
    So i went to the doctor today and since i got high blood pressure(its not that high though)she asked me what my nutrition was like, i told her im bulking and i take protein shakes three times a day and she told me to only drink one and eat more food and told me to stop taking creatine because i could get a heart attack.my question is.. js all of this really true??
    Before we bash the 'intelligence' of the OP's doctor, we might pause to recognize that there is a kernel of good advice there.
    Leaving aside the unnecessary creatine-phobia, the advice that a 17yr old limit themselves to one shake a day and to eat real food is hardly ridiculous.

  15. Quote Originally Posted by scherbs View Post

    Before we bash the 'intelligence' of the OP's doctor, we might pause to recognize that there is a kernel of good advice there.
    Leaving aside the unnecessary creatine-phobia, the advice that a 17yr old limit themselves to one shake a day and to eat real food is hardly ridiculous.
    Yea i guess. Btw guys why do y'all think my blood pressure is high??

  16. Quote Originally Posted by Markos4 View Post
    Yea but guess. Btw guys why do y'all think my blood pressure is high??
    I'll bite, what is your BP young one?

  17. Quote Originally Posted by kenpoengineer View Post
    I'll bite, what is your BP young one?
    135/68 she said im suppose to be under 120.

  18. Quote Originally Posted by Markos4 View Post
    135/68 she said im suppose to be under 120.
    Check this out:
    http://www.nhlbi.nih.gov/guidelines/.../child_tbl.htm

  19. you most certainly will grow wings and a tail if you don't listen
    Serious Nutrition Solutions

  20. Quote Originally Posted by GeekPoop View Post
    you most certainly will grow wings and a tail if you don't listen
    What are u tryna say bro?

  21. Quote Originally Posted by Markos4 View Post
    What are u tryna say bro?
    you BP is probably high because you're bulking too fast
    Serious Nutrition Solutions

  22. Quote Originally Posted by GeekPoop View Post
    you BP is probably high because you're bulking too fast
    I don't think i am..lol

  23. I dont trust any doctor that their solution is to disagree with anything that has been proven to be safe. Along with any doctor that their cure comes from a company that makes money off of people being sick.
    iForce Nutrition Anabolics Minion Member
    iTrain. iCompete. iDominate
    iForce Nutrition -www.iForceNutrition.com

  24. Quote Originally Posted by veaderko View Post
    I dont trust any doctor that their solution is to disagree with anything that has been proven to be safe. Along with any doctor that their cure comes from a company that makes money off of people being sick.
    Not to pick a fight, but supplement companies make their money off of people believing they 'need' their products to achieve their fitness goals. Not really all that different

  25. Quote Originally Posted by scherbs View Post

    Not to pick a fight, but supplement companies make their money off of people believing they 'need' their products to achieve their fitness goals. Not really all that different
    But the question is: do supplements really have side effects?? I dont think they do like my doctor says that my kidneys might be malfunctioning because of protein shakes.

  26. My doctor told me the same.. But none of these doctors (I'm assuming your doc is a family practitioner) know anything about powdered protein.

    I did have a few proteins in my urine that made my doc tell me to stop taking them.
    The bottom line is if taken responsibly powdered protein is an amazing supplement. But of course real food is always better.

  27. Quote Originally Posted by liftandeat View Post
    My doctor told me the same.. But none of these doctors (I'm assuming your doc is a family practitioner) know anything about powdered protein.

    I did have a few proteins in my urine that made my doc tell me to stop taking them.
    The bottom line is if taken responsibly powdered protein is an amazing supplement. But of course real food is always better.
    Exactly! I completely agree with you, my urines color seems healthy so im good i guess and yea she is a family doctor. Also guys ive been taking arginine and my bp still the same after taking 7 grams every day for like 3 weeks already.idk why

  28. I cant . I just can't anymore. You guys are broskifying my mind. I. Must. Go. Away. Now.

  29. Quote Originally Posted by Matthersby View Post
    I cant . I just can't anymore. You guys are broskifying my mind. I. Must. Go. Away. Now.
    what do you think?

  30. Quote Originally Posted by Matthersby View Post
    I cant . I just can't anymore. You guys are broskifying my mind. I. Must. Go. Away. Now.
    Why?haha im just looking for help and i read arginine lowers ur bp, so i thought it'd be good for me and for the pumps.lol
  •   

      
     

Similar Forum Threads

  1. What are the best ready to drink protein drinks?
    By chlorella in forum Supplements
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 10-31-2008, 03:00 PM
  2. more reasons NOT to drink milk
    By knox in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 34
    Last Post: 07-05-2007, 06:34 AM
  3. Will my doctor rat me out?
    By happydog48 in forum Anabolics
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 04-07-2007, 02:45 PM
  4. why not to drink
    By ICantRunFast in forum General Chat
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-05-2007, 10:19 PM
  5. My wife told me I should take steroids.
    By T-Bar in forum General Chat
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 09-21-2003, 10:35 PM
Log in
Log in