IIFYM

  1. New Member
    Jaydot123's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    28
    Rep Power
    24
    Level
    5
    Lv. Percent
    27.44%

    IIFYM


    Was just wondering if anyone knows of any coaches online that use the IIFYM approach towards dieting... And for those who are not familiar it's flexible dieting. I've been using the macro approach for about a year and have got great results...but just wanted to know if anyone knew someone who helps with adjusting macros and making necessary changes in my numbers when needed... Any feedback is appreciated, thanks.

  2. Elite Member
    RegisterJr's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  197 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    7,804
    Rep Power
    3442462
    Level
    83
    Lv. Percent
    0.3%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

    Isn't IIFYM macro dieting also (If It Fits Your Macros)?
    FINAFLEX REP
    Visit our website atFINAFLEX.com


  3. New Member
    Jaydot123's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    28
    Rep Power
    24
    Level
    5
    Lv. Percent
    27.44%

    Quote Originally Posted by RegisterJr View Post
    Isn't IIFYM macro dieting also (If It Fits Your Macros)?
    Yes, that's what it stands for. It's been around for a while but it's concept is pretty much the same as "flexible dieting"
    •   
       

  4. Elite Member
    RegisterJr's Avatar
    Stats
    5'10"  197 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    7,804
    Rep Power
    3442462
    Level
    83
    Lv. Percent
    0.3%
    Achievements Activity AuthorityActivity ProActivity VeteranPosting ProPosting Authority

    Quote Originally Posted by Jaydot123 View Post
    Yes, that's what it stands for. It's been around for a while but it's concept is pretty much the same as "flexible dieting"
    Boss Body (dot net?) coach (I think he's @mattys4) uses IIFYM.
    FINAFLEX REP
    Visit our website atFINAFLEX.com


  5. Pro Virili Parte
    JudoJosh's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Age
    29
    Posts
    8,927
    Rep Power
    2534643
    Level
    79
    Lv. Percent
    93.07%
    Achievements Activity VeteranActivity ProActivity AuthorityPosting ProPosting Authority

    3dmj
    "The only good is knowledge and the only evil is ignorance." - Socrates
  6. New Member
    Brad_88's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  240 lbs.
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Posts
    2
    Rep Power
    13
    Level
    1
    Lv. Percent
    35%

    Peter Fitschen of Fitbody and Physique LLC, my girl just started working with him for a show. He counts macros vs. meal plans to allow for a flexible dieting approach. I'm really excited to see how she likes it and learn from it myself! I've always been eating the same thing every day out of laziness I think and I really want to see how it works. I know Layne Norton has deferred clients to him when he has a long waiting list so right there has to mean something in my eyes. You can search Fitbody and Physique LLC on FB if you want to contact him.
  7. Enhanced Body Formulations
    EBF Inc's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2012
    Posts
    4,637
    Rep Power
    1594941
    Level
    67
    Lv. Percent
    1.05%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by RegisterJr View Post

    Boss Body (dot net?) coach (I think he's @mattys4) uses IIFYM.
    Yes @mattys4 does great work with every one.
    Enhanced Body Formulations Product Educator

    For any questions on our products that need a quick response, please email me directly
    EnhancedBodyFormulations@gmail .com
  8. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    The Solution's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  175 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    9,990
    Rep Power
    6908064
    Level
    97
    Lv. Percent
    98.22%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Jaydot123 View Post
    Was just wondering if anyone knows of any coaches online that use the IIFYM approach towards dieting... And for those who are not familiar it's flexible dieting. I've been using the macro approach for about a year and have got great results...but just wanted to know if anyone knew someone who helps with adjusting macros and making necessary changes in my numbers when needed... Any feedback is appreciated, thanks.
    Every coach does
    Anything you eat Fits your macros.
    period.
    Regardless if its chicken a potato or a poptart. It still adds up and calculates your macros. So every coach does
    People think IIFYM is eating extreme and not eating anything sensible. You are dumb if you dont meet fiber, protein and fat needs (as layne always does stress)
    i suggest watching this video:



    Jason theobald
    3dmj (Berto, Eric and Brad loomis)
    Tommy Jeffers (IFPA Pro)
    Layne Norton
    Paul Rivelia (NGA PRO)
    Kyle Hunt
    RJ Perkins (IFPA PRO)
    Brian Whiteacre (WNBF Pro)
    Kurt Weidner (WNBF Pro)

    just a few off the top of my head.
    Team Inov8 Elite Performance
  9. New Member
    JoeRich's Avatar
    Stats
    5'8"  156 lbs.
    Join Date
    Jun 2013
    Posts
    139
    Rep Power
    156
    Level
    10
    Lv. Percent
    74.95%

  10. New Member
    Jaydot123's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    28
    Rep Power
    24
    Level
    5
    Lv. Percent
    27.44%

    Quote Originally Posted by The Solution View Post
    Every coach does Anything you eat Fits your macros. period. Regardless if its chicken a potato or a poptart. It still adds up and calculates your macros. So every coach does People think IIFYM is eating extreme and not eating anything sensible. You are dumb if you dont meet fiber, protein and fat needs (as layne always does stress) i suggest watching this video: YouTube Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6H2edyPLU8 Jason theobald 3dmj (Berto, Eric and Brad loomis) Tommy Jeffers (IFPA Pro) Layne Norton Paul Rivelia (NGA PRO) Kyle Hunt RJ Perkins (IFPA PRO) Brian Whiteacre (WNBF Pro) Kurt Weidner (WNBF Pro) just a few off the top of my head.

    Thanks for the reply, also I understand that coaches use that, but I guess to clarify more I don't want a coach whose going to write a meal by meal plan ya know? I've done that and wasn't very successful, but with macro approach I've created way healthier eatin habits... I try to get 25-30 grams of fiber a day... And then kind of full in the test with the basics, 15% of my diet will consist of **** like pop tarts... Random cereals ya know. But I just need a coach who can overlook my progress because whenever I try to do it myself I panic and make Unnessesary changes in my numbers all in all I just think someone else tracking my progress might be a better thing!
  11. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    The Solution's Avatar
    Stats
    5'7"  175 lbs.
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Posts
    9,990
    Rep Power
    6908064
    Level
    97
    Lv. Percent
    98.22%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

    Quote Originally Posted by Jaydot123 View Post
    Thanks for the reply, also I understand that coaches use that, but I guess to clarify more I don't want a coach whose going to write a meal by meal plan ya know? I've done that and wasn't very successful, but with macro approach I've created way healthier eatin habits... I try to get 25-30 grams of fiber a day... And then kind of full in the test with the basics, 15% of my diet will consist of **** like pop tarts... Random cereals ya know. But I just need a coach who can overlook my progress because whenever I try to do it myself I panic and make Unnessesary changes in my numbers all in all I just think someone else tracking my progress might be a better thing!
    Re-read my list
    i would contact Jason Theobald, been with him for 5 years one of the best decisions i have ever made.
    Team Inov8 Elite Performance
  12. New Member
    Jaydot123's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    28
    Rep Power
    24
    Level
    5
    Lv. Percent
    27.44%

    Quote Originally Posted by The Solution View Post
    Re-read my list i would contact Jason Theobald, been with him for 5 years one of the best decisions i have ever made.
    Thank you, I will look into it for sure!
  13. New Member
    m82000's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    22
    Rep Power
    20
    Level
    8
    Lv. Percent
    1.68%

    Kevin lisak is my coach
  14. New Member
    keithgeiling's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    155
    Rep Power
    14585
    Level
    12
    Lv. Percent
    20.07%

    So I have been contemplating getting a coach but maybe I'm crazy because I'm not in any contest prep or anything. I just want a little guidance and info about some nutrition and training? I obviously see the list of guys I just don't know if any are better for just a little more basic approach,(if there is such a thing). I guess if anybody could take the time to pm me and give me a way to contact any coaches. I googled a few names and just didn't know if they were more into contest prep than anything else?? Thanks in advance!
  15. New Member
    m82000's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    22
    Rep Power
    20
    Level
    8
    Lv. Percent
    1.68%

    Quote Originally Posted by keithgeiling View Post
    So I have been contemplating getting a coach but maybe I'm crazy because I'm not in any contest prep or anything. I just want a little guidance and info about some nutrition and training? I obviously see the list of guys I just don't know if any are better for just a little more basic approach,(if there is such a thing). I guess if anybody could take the time to pm me and give me a way to contact any coaches. I googled a few names and just didn't know if they were more into contest prep than anything else?? Thanks in advance!
    PM'd
  16. New Member
    Battossi's Avatar
    Stats
    6'4"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    321
    Rep Power
    52882
    Level
    17
    Lv. Percent
    87.97%

    Quote Originally Posted by Jaydot123 View Post
    Was just wondering if anyone knows of any coaches online that use the IIFYM approach towards dieting... And for those who are not familiar it's flexible dieting. I've been using the macro approach for about a year and have got great results...but just wanted to know if anyone knew someone who helps with adjusting macros and making necessary changes in my numbers when needed... Any feedback is appreciated, thanks.
    I believe many coaches use flexible dieting. I also believe they don't allow you to eat just junk. 80 20 good bad ratio maybe.

    At contest prep I would however opt out of flexible dieting due to performance at the tail end. Believe it or not bro eating does facilitate optimum performance.
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCSorVT0FgTFF5lkfC3tAbiw Gaming Channel!
    https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqomKXTPU3qhVPNeQHQab5g fitness channel!
  17. New Member
    m82000's Avatar
    Stats
    5'11"  190 lbs.
    Join Date
    Feb 2014
    Posts
    22
    Rep Power
    20
    Level
    8
    Lv. Percent
    1.68%

    Quote Originally Posted by Battossi View Post
    I believe many coaches use flexible dieting. I also believe they don't allow you to eat just junk. 80 20 good bad ratio maybe.

    At contest prep I would however opt out of flexible dieting due to performance at the tail end. Believe it or not bro eating does facilitate optimum performance.
    There has to me a MASSIVE percent of so called bro foods anyway! You could live off pop tarts for your carb intake. Fat would be way over. Also you need protein, you have to still eat lean meats, rice, potatoes else you would never meet your macros.

    Personally I use IIFYM but I don't use it every day, I like feeling full but if I crave something I'll fit it in . 90/10 normally for me.
  18. New Member
    Jaydot123's Avatar
    Stats
    6'2"  215 lbs.
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    28
    Rep Power
    24
    Level
    5
    Lv. Percent
    27.44%

    Quote Originally Posted by m82000 View Post
    There has to me a MASSIVE percent of so called bro foods anyway! You could live off pop tarts for your carb intake. Fat would be way over. Also you need protein, you have to still eat lean meats, rice, potatoes else you would never meet your macros. Personally I use IIFYM but I don't use it every day, I like feeling full but if I crave something I'll fit it in . 90/10 normally for me.
    I think there is plenty other options besides rice and potatoes. I do not think you "need" them to reach your numbers. Not disagreeing just my opinion I guess, but as far as lean meats you deff need some or protein numbers won't be reached lol. But as far as fitting something I crave in I mean I usually try to make sure I get enough fiber in my day so that right there almost forces you to more clean foods... Beans/kale/spinach/ anything else that's high in fiber. And when I know I have met enough fiber for the day that's when I will fill in more "friendly foods" this is all just how I do it though, weigh ins have been very consistent though which is awesome. Haven't experienced like crazy fluctuations or anything. Appreciate all the responses fellas!
  

  
 

Similar Forum Threads

  1. IIFYM ? Share your results
    By Hondaman722 in forum Training Forum
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 03-08-2014, 03:08 PM
  2. 200 p 300 c 60 f IIFYM
    By JoeRich in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 10-04-2013, 06:59 PM
  3. My IIFYM PEAK WEEK
    By JoeRich in forum Weight Loss
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 09-14-2013, 04:35 PM
  4. IIFYM validated
    By JudoJosh in forum Advanced Discussion
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-30-2012, 12:07 AM
  5. if it fits your macros (IIFYM)
    By rza in forum Nutrition / Health
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 06-28-2011, 12:48 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Log in
Log in