IIFYM

Jaydot123

Awards
Was just wondering if anyone knows of any coaches online that use the IIFYM approach towards dieting... And for those who are not familiar it's flexible dieting. I've been using the macro approach for about a year and have got great results...but just wanted to know if anyone knew someone who helps with adjusting macros and making necessary changes in my numbers when needed... Any feedback is appreciated, thanks.

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Isn't IIFYM macro dieting also (If It Fits Your Macros)?

Jaydot123

Awards
Isn't IIFYM macro dieting also (If It Fits Your Macros)?
Yes, that's what it stands for. It's been around for a while but it's concept is pretty much the same as "flexible dieting"

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yes, that's what it stands for. It's been around for a while but it's concept is pretty much the same as "flexible dieting"
Boss Body (dot net?) coach (I think he's mattys4) uses IIFYM.

JudoJosh

JudoJosh

Pro Virili Parte
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
3dmj

Brad_88

Awards
Peter Fitschen of Fitbody and Physique LLC, my girl just started working with him for a show. He counts macros vs. meal plans to allow for a flexible dieting approach. I'm really excited to see how she likes it and learn from it myself! I've always been eating the same thing every day out of laziness I think and I really want to see how it works. I know Layne Norton has deferred clients to him when he has a long waiting list so right there has to mean something in my eyes. You can search Fitbody and Physique LLC on FB if you want to contact him.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Was just wondering if anyone knows of any coaches online that use the IIFYM approach towards dieting... And for those who are not familiar it's flexible dieting. I've been using the macro approach for about a year and have got great results...but just wanted to know if anyone knew someone who helps with adjusting macros and making necessary changes in my numbers when needed... Any feedback is appreciated, thanks.
Every coach does
Anything you eat Fits your macros.
period.
Regardless if its chicken a potato or a poptart. It still adds up and calculates your macros. So every coach does
People think IIFYM is eating extreme and not eating anything sensible. You are dumb if you dont meet fiber, protein and fat needs (as layne always does stress)
i suggest watching this video:

[video=youtube;G6H2edyPLU8]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6H2edyPLU8[/video]

Jason theobald
3dmj (Berto, Eric and Brad loomis)
Tommy Jeffers (IFPA Pro)
Layne Norton
Paul Rivelia (NGA PRO)
Kyle Hunt
RJ Perkins (IFPA PRO)
Brian Whiteacre (WNBF Pro)
Kurt Weidner (WNBF Pro)

just a few off the top of my head.

JoeRich

Awards
[video=youtube;voNYxCsnV58]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=voNYxCsnV58&feature=c4-overview&list=UUjCdu33b6Qi2M6Elk-sezmA[/video]

Jaydot123

Awards
Every coach does Anything you eat Fits your macros. period. Regardless if its chicken a potato or a poptart. It still adds up and calculates your macros. So every coach does People think IIFYM is eating extreme and not eating anything sensible. You are dumb if you dont meet fiber, protein and fat needs (as layne always does stress) i suggest watching this video: YouTube Link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G6H2edyPLU8 Jason theobald 3dmj (Berto, Eric and Brad loomis) Tommy Jeffers (IFPA Pro) Layne Norton Paul Rivelia (NGA PRO) Kyle Hunt RJ Perkins (IFPA PRO) Brian Whiteacre (WNBF Pro) Kurt Weidner (WNBF Pro) just a few off the top of my head.

Thanks for the reply, also I understand that coaches use that, but I guess to clarify more I don't want a coach whose going to write a meal by meal plan ya know? I've done that and wasn't very successful, but with macro approach I've created way healthier eatin habits... I try to get 25-30 grams of fiber a day... And then kind of full in the test with the basics, 15% of my diet will consist of **** like pop tarts... Random cereals ya know. But I just need a coach who can overlook my progress because whenever I try to do it myself I panic and make Unnessesary changes in my numbers:( all in all I just think someone else tracking my progress might be a better thing!

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Thanks for the reply, also I understand that coaches use that, but I guess to clarify more I don't want a coach whose going to write a meal by meal plan ya know? I've done that and wasn't very successful, but with macro approach I've created way healthier eatin habits... I try to get 25-30 grams of fiber a day... And then kind of full in the test with the basics, 15% of my diet will consist of **** like pop tarts... Random cereals ya know. But I just need a coach who can overlook my progress because whenever I try to do it myself I panic and make Unnessesary changes in my numbers:( all in all I just think someone else tracking my progress might be a better thing!
Re-read my list
i would contact Jason Theobald, been with him for 5 years one of the best decisions i have ever made.

keithgeiling

keithgeiling

Awards
  • Established
So I have been contemplating getting a coach but maybe I'm crazy because I'm not in any contest prep or anything. I just want a little guidance and info about some nutrition and training? I obviously see the list of guys I just don't know if any are better for just a little more basic approach,(if there is such a thing). I guess if anybody could take the time to pm me and give me a way to contact any coaches. I googled a few names and just didn't know if they were more into contest prep than anything else?? Thanks in advance!

m82000

Awards
So I have been contemplating getting a coach but maybe I'm crazy because I'm not in any contest prep or anything. I just want a little guidance and info about some nutrition and training? I obviously see the list of guys I just don't know if any are better for just a little more basic approach,(if there is such a thing). I guess if anybody could take the time to pm me and give me a way to contact any coaches. I googled a few names and just didn't know if they were more into contest prep than anything else?? Thanks in advance!
PM'd

Battossi

Awards
I believe many coaches use flexible dieting. I also believe they don't allow you to eat just junk. 80 20 good bad ratio maybe.

At contest prep I would however opt out of flexible dieting due to performance at the tail end. Believe it or not bro eating does facilitate optimum performance.

m82000

Awards
I believe many coaches use flexible dieting. I also believe they don't allow you to eat just junk. 80 20 good bad ratio maybe.

At contest prep I would however opt out of flexible dieting due to performance at the tail end. Believe it or not bro eating does facilitate optimum performance.
There has to me a MASSIVE percent of so called bro foods anyway! You could live off pop tarts for your carb intake. Fat would be way over. Also you need protein, you have to still eat lean meats, rice, potatoes else you would never meet your macros.

Personally I use IIFYM but I don't use it every day, I like feeling full but if I crave something I'll fit it in :). 90/10 normally for me.

Jaydot123

Awards
There has to me a MASSIVE percent of so called bro foods anyway! You could live off pop tarts for your carb intake. Fat would be way over. Also you need protein, you have to still eat lean meats, rice, potatoes else you would never meet your macros. Personally I use IIFYM but I don't use it every day, I like feeling full but if I crave something I'll fit it in :). 90/10 normally for me.
I think there is plenty other options besides rice and potatoes. I do not think you "need" them to reach your numbers. Not disagreeing just my opinion I guess, but as far as lean meats you deff need some or protein numbers won't be reached lol. But as far as fitting something I crave in I mean I usually try to make sure I get enough fiber in my day so that right there almost forces you to more clean foods... Beans/kale/spinach/ anything else that's high in fiber. And when I know I have met enough fiber for the day that's when I will fill in more "friendly foods" this is all just how I do it though, weigh ins have been very consistent though which is awesome. Haven't experienced like crazy fluctuations or anything. Appreciate all the responses fellas!