Reverse Dieting --> Layne Norton V-Log

1. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    Stats
    5'7"  175 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    73.28%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

Reverse Dieting --> Layne Norton V-Log

Reverse Dieting.
    Great Listen/Watch from Layne Norton:

BioLayne Video Log 24 - Reverse Dieting - YouTube

Team Inov8 Elite Performance

2. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  235 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    38.35%

Awesome video to watch!
    Makes me think back to high school wrestling and constantly having my weight spike after weekend wrestling tournaments when I would gain 5-6lbs by the next day.

I wonder how adding certain things like Forskolin, Oleuropein, DCP 2.0 at the end of a cut would help or continuously taking them after the cut could help or hurt with rebound.
  3. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    Stats
    5'7"  175 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    73.28%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityActivity VeteranActivity RoyaltyPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by McBurly View Post
    Awesome video to watch!
    Makes me think back to high school wrestling and constantly having my weight spike after weekend wrestling tournaments when I would gain 5-6lbs by the next day.

I wonder how adding certain things like Forskolin, Oleuropein, DCP 2.0 at the end of a cut would help or continuously taking them after the cut could help or hurt with rebound.
    biolayne@Yahoo.com

his email addy.
    •   

4. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    93.1%

I've been scouring the internet looking at reverse dieting. I have to say it seems to have worked for me, at least I think. I went from consuming 2000 calories the beginning of january to 3000 by the end of january and am currently going back down as he pointed out to slowly decrease your calories. I am unsure of whether my stable weight while increasing the calories came from the lackluster increase in carbohydrates over fat. I have been following a paleo-esque diet where most of my calories came from fat (50-60%). I was wondering if proper dieting (Norton's method) and reverse dieting had more to do with carbohydrate intake than fat. Is it possible or necessary on a paleo diet to play with carbohydrate and fat intake when adjusting calories or is losing fat (dieting) and maintaining weight (goal of reverse dieting) really tied to the amount of carbohydrates you consume? Does increasing fat consumption in lieu of carbs have the same effect?
  5. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    Stats
    5'7"  175 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    73.28%

Layne is not an advocate of a paleo diet at all, so he would not really support it.
    The total net surplus of kcal's you consume will dictate gain, or deficit willl dictate loss. If you are meeting protein/fat/fiber minimums that is primarily your goal first and foremost.
  6. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    93.1%

I know he's not an advocate but was trying to adapt this concept to the diet. I've been aiming for about a little over 1g of protein per pound of lean body mass and 50-60% of my calories from fat. That usually leaves about 15% of calories from carbohydrates. I'm just wondering if his view of increased muscle glycogen storage capacity from consuming a massive amount of carbohydrates and then lowering them during the diet is that beneficial in the long run (or makes the muscles look more filled out). If that is the major component whether I should raise my carbohydrate consumption within the diet or will the fat be sufficient to replacing carbs in that respect? I usually get about 1/3-1/2 my carbohydrates from fiber.
  7. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    Stats
    5'7"  175 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    73.28%

Depends on the person and how they respond.
    You should still keep fiber to 30-40g a day, going higher is not better, it can actually lead to backing up your intestines and also a lot of map-absorption from your food sources, and can cause blockage/cramping from too much fiber.
  8. New Member
    Stats
    5'8"  205 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    93.1%

Hmmm thanks Ill keep that in mind. I remember reading that studies have theorized that our preagricultural ancestors could've gone as high as 100g of fiber. I've eaten up to about 60g on some days. Perhaps I'm putting too much emphasis on it. Thanks for all the info.
  9. AnabolicMinds Site Rep
    Stats
    5'7"  175 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    73.28%

Quote Originally Posted by l0rdcha0s View Post
    Hmmm thanks Ill keep that in mind. I remember reading that studies have theorized that our preagricultural ancestors could've gone as high as 100g of fiber. I've eaten up to about 60g on some days. Perhaps I'm putting too much emphasis on it. Thanks for all the info.
    Very bad idea, i would suggest reading more MODERN research, layne norton has some good articles/vlogs regarding it. More is not better, it has a lot of bad side effects over prolonged periods of time
  10. Enhanced Body Formulations
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    1.04%
    Achievements Activity ProActivity AuthorityPosting Pro

Quote Originally Posted by The Solution View Post

Very bad idea, i would suggest reading more MODERN research, layne norton has some good articles/vlogs regarding it. More is not better, it has a lot of bad side effects over prolonged periods of time
    I personally feel high carb moderate protein and a lowish fat intake is best for reverse dietig

When I noticed my body composition changing from hitting the 400s for carb intake. I dropped it and added more protein. Was the additional protein necessary? No. But my decision in balancing out calories with increase in protein and decrease in carbs was because I feel good on a reverse diet with my fat at 20-25% total Intake.

Also i take into consideration the following

De novo lipogensis
    Macro timing

Fat (in excess after meeting caloric needs) is already in storage form. Just body doesn't need to do too much with it for it to be stored

Carbs contribute little to de novo lipogensis. So this is why I also carb backload

I hit all my fat requirements and some protein and carbs around my workout. Wait until dinner time and I just have protein carbs

Seems to be the best way at least for me and a lot of the people I've worked with
    Enhanced Body Formulations Product Educator

For any questions on our products that need a quick response, please email me directly
    EnhancedBodyFormulations@gmail .com
  11. New Member
    Stats
    6'2"  195 lbs.
    Level
    Lv. Percent
    7.83%

this is a great video. very good info

Similar Forum Threads

1. Featured in Layne Norton's 'Inside the Life of a Natural Pro'
    By Sporto in forum Bodybuilding Contest Preperation
    Replies: 24