RecompMan

RecompMan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Had a ****ing breakdown today

Got a food scale. It's awesome

That's not the problem

It weighs food and if you plug in specific numbers for the food your eating it'll give macros and calories which is fine, if my app "lose it!" Didn't have conflicting macros

It's called "cuissential nutritional food scale"

How accurate do you think it is?

I legit had a mental breakdown. I have horrible OCD. I couldn't figure out what to do

Somebody?

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
Try weighing something like chicken breast and compare it to the packaging macros....

RecompMan

RecompMan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Try weighing something like chicken breast and compare it to the packaging macros....
Yea I'm going to have to do that with packaged food. But the list of foods they give are weird. There wasn't a value for plain chicken breast cooked

But I feel like weighing my carbs would be pretty accurate of using a gram scale ect

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
I get frustrated too... I get conflicting macros on the same foods

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Had a ****ing breakdown today Got a food scale. It's awesome That's not the problem It weighs food and if you plug in specific numbers for the food your eating it'll give macros and calories which is fine, if my app "lose it!" Didn't have conflicting macros It's called "cuissential nutritional food scale" How accurate do you think it is? I legit had a mental breakdown. I have horrible OCD. I couldn't figure out what to do Somebody?
Man I've seen your progress recently and I'm thinking you have a pretty good idea of what your doing and what works for you. Just follow your macros on your app man, I'm sure there are conflicting macros for the same food in your app as well. Just follow the app you've been using to get to where you are now. Just use the scale for what it is, a scale.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I get frustrated too... I get conflicting macros on the same foods
This is a pain in the ass for me too. Sometimes ill scan a food package in MFP and itll be different than whats on the package. It is kind of a pain in the ass. But like most other things, consistency of use is probably the most important factor.

smoker145

This what you do.. Powerlift. Eat a phuckton and then some more. You'll make it man Edit: jk mang. How accurate is this scale of yours when you compare it to the package?

RecompMan

RecompMan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
This what you do.. Powerlift. Eat a phuckton and then some more. You'll make it man Edit: jk mang. How accurate is this scale of yours when you compare it to the package?
I'll have to figure that out

Magdalena

Magdalena

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Had a ****ing breakdown today Got a food scale. It's awesome That's not the problem It weighs food and if you plug in specific numbers for the food your eating it'll give macros and calories which is fine, if my app "lose it!" Didn't have conflicting macros It's called "cuissential nutritional food scale" How accurate do you think it is? I legit had a mental breakdown. I have horrible OCD. I couldn't figure out what to do Somebody?
This scale is great.. U do have codes, but once u get used to it , it's fantastic !

image-4239035463.jpg

Is your similar?

RecompMan

RecompMan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Very different lol

Mines purple/pink/red. And i duno hard to explain.

I am just going to use it for foods not in my app

Today I did potatoes and weighed it by carbs n found baked potato in my app in "cups" so I just matched carb amount

Magdalena

Magdalena

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ha ha, that's good .. I know what u mean.. Like 30g of carbs( potato) is 1 cup, lol.. Before i got used to my scale, I had a cheat sheet, attached to each one of my diet plans.. Lol....
Good luck :)

scherbs

scherbs

Awards
  • Established
If you are freaking out because of "scale discrepancies", perhaps the scale is a tool you might not want to use. I appreciate the need to measure to stay w/in a meal plan, but obsessing over minutiae is not at all healthy.
Someone whose OCD is causing their scale to lead to a "breakdown" is equivalent to a recovered alcoholic seeking a profession as a bartender. Do-able, but certainly not advisable.

RecompMan

RecompMan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
If you are freaking out because of "scale discrepancies", perhaps the scale is a tool you might not want to use. I appreciate the need to measure to stay w/in a meal plan, but obsessing over minutiae is not at all healthy.
Someone whose OCD is causing their scale to lead to a "breakdown" is equivalent to a recovered alcoholic seeking a profession as a bartender. Do-able, but certainly not advisable.
I agree.

I do the best I can. It's an issue I've had since childhood problems. Gotten much better.

I mean there were other things that led to it. But I am just going to use it for the things I can't find in my app which has made it better

warbird01

warbird01

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Weight your food then google the macros if you don't know them. I usually compare a few sites because sometimes sites have macros that are wrong

RecompMan

RecompMan

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Weight your food then google the macros if you don't know them. I usually compare a few sites because sometimes sites have macros that are wrong
I use my lose it app. I've been using it for 3 years. I think if I add another means to see macros I'll end up pulling out my hair haha