Low Testosterone at my weight?

Whiplashx2007

Awards
I never thought I of all people would have this issue, but it seems fate has a sense of humor.
I was close to starting my first PH ever(Helladrol), so I went in to get some blood work done to get a before/after numbers.
My blood work was great in all aspects and I had healthy levels all across the board, then my Testosterone results came back.

I had my blood work done in the afternoon about 4 P.m. and the results were:
260 ng/dl - Total
9.1 ng/dl - Free

Bench - 395(SO CLOSE!!!)
Deadlift - 625
Squat - 515

The doctor didn't take it serious, and these were his reasons:
I have a beard that would make grizzly Adams jealous
I had a lean bodyweight of 205(275 total)
I do not have erectile issues
I do not have low libido

Here is a little honesty on my part:
I get maybe 6 hours a sleep a night during the week(7 if i am lucky)
I have not taken a week off in a long time
I have a high BMI from my two year bulking session.(210 to 280 in two years)

A seasoned lifter friend of mine told me to not think about it so much and that everyone's body is different and can run on different amounts of hormones.
This has been bugging me, so I figured I would ask you guys what you think. Thanks ahead of time and I will answer any questions if there are any.

My main question is, do you think that I need to be worrying about this?

Montego1

Montego1

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Those numbers are pretty low......I would see an endocrine and see what my options are.

If you feel fine though then keep going buddy.

iparatroop

iparatroop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
At 4PM, your T level is going to be different than it is going to be at 9AM (lower in the afternoon). Even for 4PM, that's very low. Your level is below the lowest recommended level on any chart that I have seen. If you feel fine, you're probably fine and 260ng/dl may just be your normal/natural level. I wouldn't worry about it unless you started becoming symptomatic. I also probably wouldn't run a PH/DS cycle, were I in your shoes. With a T level that low, I'd be hesitant due to the fact that I wouldn't want to completely shut that off knowing that it may never come back. I guess you wouldn't be missing much though, haha.
P.S. Your doc's comment about your beard is ridiculous unless it was simply in jest.

Whiplashx2007

Awards
At 4PM, your T level is going to be different than it is going to be at 9AM (lower in the afternoon). Even for 4PM, that's very low. Your level is below the lowest recommended level on any chart that I have seen. If you feel fine, you're probably fine and 260ng/dl may just be your normal/natural level. I wouldn't worry about it unless you started becoming symptomatic. I also probably wouldn't run a PH/DS cycle, were I in your shoes. With a T level that low, I'd be hesitant due to the fact that I wouldn't want to completely shut that off knowing that it may never come back. I guess you wouldn't be missing much though, haha.
P.S. Your doc's comment about your beard is ridiculous unless it was simply in jest.
I am no longer going to be taking a PH. I am going to get my BMI down under 20(hoping for 15) and start getting some sleep. I have been neglecting those two for a long time and I didn't think it affected me that much, but apparently it does.

iparatroop

iparatroop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I am no longer going to be taking a PH. I am going to get my BMI down under 20(hoping for 15) and start getting some sleep. I have been neglecting those two for a long time and I didn't think it affected me that much, but apparently it does.
How is your vitamin D?

Whiplashx2007

Awards
I am actually unaware of that, but aside from a general vitamin. I am not taking any supplement for Vitamin D.
I just looked at my Multi-Vitamin and the stupid pill only has 700I.U. of vitamin D. SON OF A *****!!

iparatroop

iparatroop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I just looked at my Multi-Vitamin and the stupid pill only has 700I.U. of vitamin D. SON OF A *****!!
May not be a reason to fret. I only ask because my D was low and so was my T. Causation/correlation, I don't know but I've heard that they can be related. Did you have a full panel run when you had blood drawn or did you just get T tested? Curious to see what your other values look like.

Whiplashx2007

Awards
May not be a reason to fret. I only ask because my D was low and so was my T. Causation/correlation, I don't know but I've heard that they can be related. Did you have a full panel run when you had blood drawn or did you just get T tested? Curious to see what your other values look like.
I had nearly everything done, except the Vitamin D because I didn't think that had much relevance to me. Considering I am not taking a vitamin D supplement, I think it's worth a shot.

PuZo

Awards
  • Established
Does testosterone have a correlation with weight?

iparatroop

iparatroop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Does testosterone have a correlation with weight?
There are multiple studies that cite excess body fat as a cause for rapid decrease in testosterone production. Also, body fat contains the enzyme aromatase, which basically turns T into E. Vicious cycle.

Whiplashx2007

Awards
There are multiple studies that cite excess body fat as a cause for rapid decrease in testosterone production. Also, body fat contains the enzyme aromatase, which basically turns T into E. Vicious cycle.
That is correct. My BMI is rather high due to injuries/family issues for the past two years, so that accounts for a decent drop i am sure. Also the fact I am a software engineer by occupation and I am not outside very much. I walk to the car to go to/from work, and the same goes for hitting the gym. Some days I see < 20 min of total sunlight. Which would cause my Vitamin D problem(which I am 90% certain I have) and lower Test levels. I am 25 years old, by the way. My BMI is probably somewhere around the 30 area, but i never worried about it because you can still see my upper 4 abdominal muscles.

iparatroop

iparatroop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Judging by your post count, I'm assuming that you don't have a log. I'd suggest starting one, with an eating plan posted so people on here can help you with the BMI reduction or whatever else you need. I know it may seem tedious, but every little bit can help. At 25, you're very young to have your T level that far in the dumps.
What was your E2 level if you don't mind sharing?

Whiplashx2007

Awards
Judging by your post count, I'm assuming that you don't have a log. I'd suggest starting one, with an eating plan posted so people on here can help you with the BMI reduction or whatever else you need. I know it may seem tedious, but every little bit can help. At 25, you're very young to have your T level that far in the dumps.
What was your E2 level if you don't mind sharing?
I don't honestly know that, and I wouldn't mind sharing if I did.
I have another test for the 30th in the morning this time. They told me to be sure to get rest this time. I hope it is better.

Drumstick42

Awards
I've had similar problems. I'm 18, I've always struggled with fatigue, and lately my libido has been low (at least, compared to other guys my age). I've had three blood tests done over the past year, all of them were between 270-350ng/DL for total test (they never gave me the free test numbers). From what I've read, those numbers aren't good, but they're in the normal range.

To be honest I don't know if it's a problem or not, but I'm still trying to raise it. I've been lifting for two years, started obese and I've been cutting most of the time. I still have 5-10% BF to get rid of before I could consider myself lean. I'm hoping that losing that last bit will boost my levels a little bit.

Clearly I'm not really qualified to give out advice on the subject, but it sounds like you're doing mostly everything right. As has been said it might simply be a little low because of excess BF, low vitamin D, not enough sleep, ect. It doesn't sound serious, and I wouldn't worry about it too much.

Also, this might seem elementary, but are you getting enough fat in your diet? Since you've been bulking for the past two years, I doubt that's much of an issue, but it's something to consider.