Carb control

Kylifter07

Kylifter07

Awards
IM looking to cut some carbs. What are some meals/ foods that are low carb?

harbonah

harbonah

Awards
  • Established
Grilled chicken and broccoli? But honestly if you are asking this you would probably be better off reading about and finding your macros. If you eat with in your macros you will loose fat.
:eek:

pyrobatt

pyrobatt

Awards
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • Established
First I ask why? Do you know how much is too much for your body? Do you know what carbs do?
Second I will say if you're over 140 lbs then 100 to 150g is still low carb.

I can however give you examples. Grilled chicken veggie stir fry*olive oil*
Beef stir fry
Eggs with veggies.

Veggies with a light tomato sauce pared with grilled chicken and home made meatballs*pork and beef mix*

Seared talipia with shrimp and some reconstituted lemon juice and some red hot hot sauce and a little red wine vinegar.

Boiled eggs

Celery and peanut butter,eggs with olive oil,

steak cooked in coconut oil with some sugar free raspberry vinaigrette.

Kylifter07

Kylifter07

Awards
Thanks for the advice. I'm trying to lean out a little bit a but lose much weight. I weigh 170 pounds. The only place I hold much fat is lower abs. My weight can vary four to five pounds a day, I guess because I hold a lot of water. Just want a lean dryer look over all.

rhoadx

Awards
  • Established
if you want to lower carbs but still be able to enjoy your favorite foods there are just alternatives you can make. for example if you like pasta use spaghetti squash instead of pasta spaghetti noodles, there is also a website you could look at called miracle noodles (they al fiber and very low carb and calorie) also you can make many things like fake rice or mash potatoes using cauliflower (just google those recipies)

pyrobatt

pyrobatt

Awards
  • RockStar
  • RockStar
  • Established
Thanks for the advice. I'm trying to lean out a little bit a but lose much weight. I weigh 170 pounds. The only place I hold much fat is lower abs. My weight can vary four to five pounds a day, I guess because I hold a lot of water. Just want a lean dryer look over all.
Don't weigh yourself everyday. Weigh once a week. If you're not losing then adjust

Beau

Beau

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Open a free account with myfitnesspal.com and it will help you track macros.

Focus on "net carbs" meaning total carbs - fiber.

Stay away from processed carbs.

Doing that alone, I've lost 19 lbs since August.

lbmuscle

Awards
If you're serious about cutting carbs, you could look into the CKD diet. It ain't necessarily easy, but it's certainly low-carb and provides weight-loss.

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I will second the CKD approach. but it is a little daunting at first until you get the basics down.
I like to eat a lot of bacon and burger with eggs and cheese while dieting in ketosis. I also take a ton of fish oil and coconut oils.
if you are truly low/no carbin it you will want to watch what pre work out drinks u are using some are laden with sugars or aspartame which can boot you out of ketosis.
after a week in keto I will carb up for 48 hrs. keepin track of the kinds of carbs and the timing of them for that duration.

fishoil_sm.png

iparatroop

iparatroop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
170lbs...
How many calories are you consuming a day and where are they coming from? You say you want to cut carbs, but are you sure that's where you need to cut from in order to lose your unwanted weight? If you vary in weight, four to five pounds, and you're weighing yourself under the same conditions, at the same time, chances are that your diet is very inconsistent. Maybe you can post what your daily eating plan looks like so others can dissect it?