Worlds fastest metabolism: gift or curse?

Nis1

Nis1

Awards
I used to be very over weight but I lost the lbs and worked very hard to put some muscle on. I worked out nearly every day for 8 months and focused on diet a lot. I haven't been able to work out much for the last couple weeks as my schedule has been crazy but I swear i still have to eat constantly. I have a never ending hunger, no matter how much I eat, I'm hungry a half hour or an hour later. I'm cursing it right now but I'm thinking it will be great once I can get on the weights again. Anyone else have this issue? Is it just that I have a faster metabolism now or is there more that goes into it?

nicksox15

nicksox15

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Were you eating as much when you were working out consistently? I find the same thing, if I take a week off I'll still be just as hungry as when I'm pushing myself in the gym. All about managing those cravings!

Nis1

Nis1

Awards
Yeah, I was eating 4 big meals a day, baked potatoes, chicken breast, broccoli mostly, with the occasional big spoonful of reduced fat peanut butter to tide me over between meals. I've started taking Alphamine again in hopes of suppressing the hunger but it's not working either.

nicksox15

nicksox15

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Well get back in the gym and eat away :) If you can't though, it's a will power thing. Stay positive and you'll get past it.

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I used to be very over weight but I lost the lbs and worked very hard to put some muscle on. I worked out nearly every day for 8 months and focused on diet a lot. I haven't been able to work out much for the last couple weeks as my schedule has been crazy but I swear i still have to eat constantly. I have a never ending hunger, no matter how much I eat, I'm hungry a half hour or an hour later. I'm cursing it right now but I'm thinking it will be great once I can get on the weights again. Anyone else have this issue? Is it just that I have a faster metabolism now or is there more that goes into it?
Just because your psychologically "hungry" doesn't necessarily mean your metabolism is fast. Appetite is purely psychological, i seriously doubt you are in a physiological state of hunger.

Nis1

Nis1

Awards
I eat everything in sight and I am not losing or gaining weight. So I'm psychologically burning off all the calories I take in?

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I eat everything in sight and I am not losing or gaining weight. So I'm psychologically burning off all the calories I take in?
Where in your original post did you mention anything about losing or gaining weight? All you said was "im always hungry." Please, correct me if I'm wrong.

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Have you actually counted your calories. I know many people who claim to "always eat big" but when they lay their diet, it actually isnt that much

theOCdude

theOCdude

Awards
I say u are onto something alright...

iparatroop

iparatroop

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Have you actually counted your calories. I know many people who claim to "always eat big" but when they lay their diet, it actually isnt that much
^^^^this. I'm not doubting that you are "eating big", for you, but it doesn't necessarily mean that you're consuming an excessive amount of calories.