Ideal CARB TIMING?

MyKH3LL

MyKH3LL

Awards
Hi everyone,

I've finally taken the step to be more organised and made some bulk meals over the weekend, packaged up and put in the freezer.

MEAL ONE: 1 KG of Kangaroo mince with an organic chilli con carne mix, diced tomato, red kidney beans and organic sweet corn.

This got me 6 servings when divided evenly with 125 g organic brown rice... (from memory the entire serving size was 550 g)

MEAL TWO: 1.5 KG of chicken breast (seasoned with Cumin) just shy of 900 G of pineapple, 5 diced chillies, and multiple mixed colour peppers.

This got me 8 servings when again divided evenly with 125 g organic brown rice... (from memory the entire serving size was 400 - 450 g)

Now, since I'm sharing these with the missus, I get 7 total servings for the week, so that gets me 5 days of single serves, with two days I can double up. The other two days I will be eating a 185 g TUNA and large avocado (with roughly 1 TSP free range egg mayo and roughly 1 TBSP of Sweet chilli sauce)

So my question is, would the extra carb meals be better saved for the day leading up to my Lower body workouts on Monday and Thursday or the day after, to help growth and aid recovery and also leading to my Upper body workouts on Tuesday and Friday... Tuna and avocado will definitely be on Wednesday rest day as I believe the extra good fats will be most beneficial then? There will also be an omelette in there for good measure.

Breakfast is my usual smoothie > water, protein, banana, blueberries + raspberries, natural PB and MCT Oil with a little Wheatgerm or Flaxseed meal.

Post workout smoothie > almond or coconut milk, 1 cup of organic dry oats, protein, banana, blueberries + strawberries.

Dinner is usually 250 g Hoki fillets with steamed vegetables and either another small serving of rice or sweet potato for my post workout carbs.

I also try and hit up some cottage cheese or casein protein before bed, depending on how full I feel from dinner (sometimes I eat quite late)

Appreciate everyone's thoughts and opinions on my nutrition. I'm trying to build as much muscle as possible while at the very least, maintaining my current BF % although ideally, as we're approaching the Aussie summer I want to drop the numbers a bit too.

Quick training overview;

Monday - Thursday: Lower body
Tuesday - Friday: Upper body
Wednesday - Weekends: REST.

45 min sessions. High intensity! > rest is 1 min on average.
3 - 4 sets of 12/15/20 reps depending on the exercise/targeted muscle group.
Focusing on primarily compounds with a few isolation scattered in there.
Cardio is minimal tbh, I'm usually pretty spent after resistance training...

Thanks!

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
It wont matter, the key thing is you are getting in your food and calories to support your goal, how you divy them is personal preference, some train better with no carbs in them and backload their carbs. Some train early and with the big load the night before or backloading carbs it fuels morning training sessions. Some like to have their carbs just around training, some like to spread them out.

The best thing to do is experiment and find what is "Optimal" for you.

MyKH3LL

MyKH3LL

Awards
It wont matter, the key thing is you are getting in your food and calories to support your goal, how you divy them is personal preference, some train better with no carbs in them and backload their carbs. Some train early and with the big load the night before or backloading carbs it fuels morning training sessions. Some like to have their carbs just around training, some like to spread them out.

Thanks buddy.

I guess since I've been rather low carb for a couple months I've become carb-ophobic or something... :p

MyKH3LL

MyKH3LL

Awards

Any advice on working out the division of macros? I've never really 'measured' before and I know that's where I'm weakest.

I eat healthy, I know that much, and opt for organic sources where possible, but for serious fat loss and muscle gain I should probably be more accurate I suppose ;)

Also, just got myself some Glycophase so I'm attempting to work out the optimal times to utilize that within my daily routine.

Appreciate any other feedback you have ;)

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Any advice on working out the division of macros? I've never really 'measured' before and I know that's where I'm weakest.

I eat healthy, I know that much, and opt for organic sources where possible, but for serious fat loss and muscle gain I should probably be more accurate I suppose ;)

Also, just got myself some Glycophase so I'm attempting to work out the optimal times to utilize that within my daily routine.

Appreciate any other feedback you have ;)
Adjust intake to suit your goal. Its that easy. Dont overthink it. try certain amounts and see how it suits your goal, record your strength , mood and energy and alter based off that the mirror and scale.

Glycophase read the bottle:

Directions:

As a dietary supplement, take 1 capsule up to twice daily, fifteen minutes before meals. If using 2 capsules per day, space the doses out evenly throughout the day, 15 minutes before meals containing at least 25 to 50 grams of carbohydrates. On workout days, use one of the dosages 15 minutes before a pre-workout meal.

MyKH3LL

MyKH3LL

Awards
You eat kangaroo???
Hahaha, hell yeah...! Incredibly high in protein and the fat is virtually non-existent ;)

There's more of them than humans down here in Australia!

Just as long as I don't have to go get the big reds myself, those f*&#ers are hardcore. seriously.

MyKH3LL

MyKH3LL

Awards
Ooops, sorry for the double post... but you get the idea.

These things are surprisingly bad. ass.

Oscar

Oscar

Awards
  • Established
I'd try kangaroo but I'm sure the mark up for it is insane in the US

MyKH3LL

MyKH3LL

Awards
I'd try kangaroo but I'm sure the mark up for it is insane in the US
You're probably right about that, but I wouldn't know.

It's about on par with chicken breast down here from what I've found ;)

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I have heard nothing but amazing things from kangaroo
I hope to go to aussie sometime and try it.

MyKH3LL

MyKH3LL

Awards
I have heard nothing but amazing things from kangaroo
I hope to go to aussie sometime and try it.
If you ever come out here, I'll cook you my Kangaroo con-carne! :p

Oscar

Oscar

Awards
  • Established
Found an imports on line but $25/lb bit rich for my tastes